The Official "Espn First Take , FS1 Undisputed, Sportscenter , Sports Radio, Podcasts etc" Thread.

Options

Comments

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen A Smith's basketball knowledge is ok at best, his football knowledge is ? awful though; the man literally knows nothing about football. He was just as big a character as Skip, and they are only that characters.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen A Smith's basketball knowledge is ok at best, his football knowledge is ? awful though; the man literally knows nothing about football. He was just as big a character as Skip, and they are only that characters.

Lol. His knowledge is decent at best at the sport he knows most. He knows jack ? about the rest but has strong authoritative, opinions on all of 'em.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a fan at all for many reasons.Stop watching a few years ago but, does he still do the " Aaron Rodgers, that's a baadd man!" Or "that's a bad bad duuude" schtick?
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    His radio talk show is the worst. He just yells his opinions for 2 hrs
    He be killing me on there lol. The only cat I know with a call in segment that won't let the fans say ? !

LOL
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He really does have a list of big words he constantly uses.

Eloquent
    soliloquy

Come to mind

Egregious

Asinine

• Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FS1 mention on his and hers!
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never got into him or his shows

I'll pass on neutered "barbershop" talk

Ain't no barbershop apologising for callin women out for egging on a reaction...or tiptoeing around race issues...or ? on Rick James

Foh
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slavaaaaa Medvedenko

RASHOOOO NesteroVICCC
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At the end of the day he gets ratings. Never was a fan of first and drama queen when it was skip and stephen a or the current line up with max and stephen a. its a male version of the ? view and over the top dramatic. But at the end of the day the majority of people watch/complain about it.

ESPN is getting the trash Monday night football games, the sloppy 2nd NBA content and it overpayed for the college football playoff that wouldn't switch games from NYE to NYD which will cost espn millions in potential revenue every other year. They need gimmicks like first and drama queen to make them money to cover the L's. And that show needs a clown like stephen a smith to get as high ratings as it gets.

NBA point is moot cause they get some playoffs games and the NBA finals

And MNF still better than TNF, those are the trash NFL games

NBA point is not moot because for the majority of the year TNT gets better games. Yes the finals are better but those are 7 games max. As far as MNF sure it's better than TNF at times but more often they are trying to pull better games for TNF to get people tuned (look at last weekends patriots texans game). TNF ratings are going up while MNF ratings are going down.

ESPN is screwed because they pay big bucks for a bunch of content but now their return on their investments is getting smaller. I live in CT personally and see how they have had to fire a bunch of people that work there. Not to mention less and less households are keep or signing up for espn to be in their package especially millenials like me with our own cribs buying basic cable/hbo packages and netflix only not full cable.

TNT may get better games but the playoffs and the Finals get the most views so that's a win for ESPN.
    They can try to get people to tuned into TNF but they will always have worst game cause not everybody has the NFL network and it doesnt always come on network TV.

• elgato
    elgato Members Posts: 216 ✭✭
    Options
    His and Hers is balling. They get budgets to do Anchorman remakes and Kurtis Blow Basketball videos.

Meanwhile all Stephen A. and First Take get to do is a shoddy fan contest.

I love it.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Joy Taylor can get it raw.. she badder than Molly

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    elgato wrote: »
    Today's First Take show PROVES that Skip should've been replaced by Will Cain, not Max Kellerman.

Max is awkward on the show. He stutters. He never looks the person he's talking to in the eye. He's always looking down at his note cards.

Will on the other hand doesn't have to look at notes. He speaks from the heart. He speaks clearly and stares Stephen A. directly in the eye, often staring him down even.

Max's talking time comes off like he's doing a book report. Will comes off like he's a seasoned debater.

Max's points always start out with some history lesson about some ancient tribe, trying to relate it to sports. He throws in random Mets and Yankees references in topics that have nothing to do with those teams because he's a NY homer. Often times, on social issues or controversial issues, Max agrees with Stephen A. and tries to show how "down" he is by making some reference to Chris Rock or the like.

Will holds his own in debates. He's knowledgeable on the topics and has his own conservative view which plays well of of Stephen A. because they can then have a true debate.

Stephen A. is ALWAYS punking Max by talking over Max, cutting him off, and telling him to hold on. Max obliges and sits there quietly, looking stupid. Today, at no point did Stephen A. own Will. In fact, you could see how much he respected Will because he let Will talk. When it's Stephen A. and Max, Stephen A. does 70% of the talking. When it's Stephen A. and Will, it's 50/50.

Will should've gotten the job. It's not too late. Stephen A. and Will have good chemistry.

Will Cain is racist and arrogant
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    molly should get that cough checked out
    ol girl sounds like she caught something
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen A is gonna have to really watch out for Damien Woody in the employee parking lot... Woody really be amped af, he wants to ? him up for real lol
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never got into him or his shows

I'll pass on neutered "barbershop" talk

Ain't no barbershop apologising for callin women out for egging on a reaction...or tiptoeing around race issues...or ? on Rick James

Foh

Barbershop talk used to be a real thing until white people and corny ? started mislabeling it. Now when I hear people say barbershop talk I know they on some ? . Sometimes it even has a racist energy attached to it......
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I'm watching a clip of him talking about bosh and he said " Listen I know Andy, and Pat Riley is class personified...."