I'm no Obama fan, but dude has to be the most unfairly treated president ever.

Options
The Lonious Monk
The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
So Congress did something stupid again and are again blaming Obama.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN11Z25O

For those that don't want to read, basically Congress came up with this bill that would allow people in the U.S. to sue Saudi Arabia because of the ties that that nation had with the attackers that perpetrated 9/11. Now that may sound good especially to the families of the 9/11. However, given the history America has had with supporting people that have gone on to ? up countries, anyone with a brain should see why setting such a precedent is a bad idea. Obama saw it, and that's why he vetoed the bill. Congress then overwhelmingly overturned his veto and almost instantly many of the members of Congress are now expressing regret for doing that. Instead of saying they ? up for passing the bill, not once, but twice, they are blaming Obama and saying it's his fault because he didn't explain why he was vetoing it well enough.

That ? makes no sense. They literally did something stupid, had someone try to stop them from doing that stupid thing, did the stupid thing again, and then blamed the person who tried to stop them for not trying hard enough. I can't believe these idiots are the people running the country.

Comments

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yeah, I ain't no fan of him, nor will vote for him either. But sometimes even I see they ain't playing fair. I been seeing this stuff since that "You Lie" comment that was yelled @ him when he had the floor. Anyone got a complied list of stuff like this??
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? might get ugly.I remember the Saudi govt threatened to sell all of their property in america at the same time. Think it was 100 billion dollars worth. And this should open the gates for lawsuits against amerikkka. Can't say it doesn't deserve it.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MD_PROPER wrote: »
    So can America be sued for slavery?

I sure hope so.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrrealone wrote: »
    Yeah, I ain't no fan of him, nor will vote for him either. But sometimes even I see they ain't playing fair. I been seeing this stuff since that "You Lie" comment that was yelled @ him when he had the floor. Anyone got a complied list of stuff like this??

Which by the way, Joe Wilson seems to have been correct on for those who don't know. He seen Obama coming 10 miles away.....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2016/03/25/because-of-federal-health-law-illegal-immigrants-get-care/#4855f5f51df8
    Because Of Obamacare, Illegal Immigrants Get Taxpayer-Financed Care

http://www.wsj.com/articles/illegal-immigrants-get-public-health-care-despite-federal-policy-1458850082
    Illegal Immigrants Get Public Health Care, Despite Federal Policy
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its partially his own fault.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They're all the same. Wtf?!? Dude largely ignored the fact that Black folks are getting slaughtered by cops and the only thing he gave in response was singing "Amazing Grace" and speaking briefly about it.
  • dwade206
    Options
    Koltrain wrote: »
    They still can't handle following the lead of a black man...

Dude was selected. Your vote didn't put him there or anyone else.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol...
    he did ? to help other groups and it might benefit blacks a little by accident...lmao
  • dwade206
    Options
    b'mer... wrote: »
    You anti obama or im no fan of obama people are to funny. Your reason is mainly the what did he do for us rhetoric. You dont look at things congress blocked but sadly take for granted actions that helped us a nation. Ending the second most devastating economic crisis by bailing out the auto industry twice, which employees a lot of us with meaning jobs. Its easy to say yea, that was the right decision but up to that point every economist and advisor said let the auto market go under. Placed hard regulations on banks forcing them to pay out over 1 billion dollars in hidden fees. Things that impact us directly involving money. Congress said no to a bill that would allow active military personnel to have bills frozen while on duty so that those fighting would not have to worry about financial issues at home. The military that we make up a large portion of. Our ancestors were enslaved for over the 400 years, right? And for 300 years we had 43 white presidents, correct? So now the first black president is suppoesed to fix all the ills that have plaqued us as a people and nation,his 8 years is supposed to set straight 130 year gap if tyranny and disenfranchisement that occured? SMH!!!

You idiots really have faith in a system that enslaved Blacks for over 400 years. You indirectly proved my point, genius. Things only changed on the surface. But my bad, it Congress fault. Lmao aight, don't worry, Hillary is gonna make things better. Cool?
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    You anti obama or im no fan of obama people are to funny. Your reason is mainly the what did he do for us rhetoric. You dont look at things congress blocked but sadly take for granted actions that helped us a nation. Ending the second most devastating economic crisis by bailing out the auto industry twice, which employees a lot of us with meaning jobs. Its easy to say yea, that was the right decision but up to that point every economist and advisor said let the auto market go under. Placed hard regulations on banks forcing them to pay out over 1 billion dollars in hidden fees. Things that impact us directly involving money. Congress said no to a bill that would allow active military personnel to have bills frozen while on duty so that those fighting would not have to worry about financial issues at home. The military that we make up a large portion of. Our ancestors were enslaved for over the 400 years, right? And for 300 years we had 43 white presidents, correct? So now the first black president is suppoesed to fix all the ills that have plaqued us as a people and nation,his 8 years is supposed to set straight 130 year gap if tyranny and disenfranchisement that occured? SMH!!!

You idiots really have faith in a system that enslaved Blacks for over 400 years. You indirectly proved my point, genius. Things only changed on the surface. But my bad, it Congress fault. Lmao aight, don't worry, Hillary is gonna make things better. Cool?

Then why do you live here?

If things have "only changed on the surface" ... in 400 years.

Zero Opportunty for Black people.
    No progress.

If absolutely NOTHING can be done about it...

Why are you here?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't know who you're talking about but I never expected him to do anything specifically for black people. That's not his job.

And me saying I'm not a fan of his in no way means he has done no good as president, so your whole post is pointless.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    dwade206 wrote: »

Then why do you live here?

If things have "only changed on the surface" ... in 400 years.

Zero Opportunty for Black people.
    No progress.

If absolutely NOTHING can be done about it...

Why are you here?

Lmao. You dunking and ? ? You spitting bars my ? ? You got jokes?

Some of you need to take a long look in the mirror. You should be asking yourself that not him.