Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is that CACs want black people to care more about white people being shot by these Neo Gestopo pigs than they do? Fact of the matter is it's more important for white people to allow their racist white supremacist brethren to practice and implement their vile and unjust system of racism.

If they truly investigated blue on black crime they would find out one if two things. The Neo Gestopo pigs remember their training and able to distinguish between CACs that are legitimate threats or white people would see that murderous savages are out of control and they would want answers as to why citizens are being shot. But as I said before it is more important for CACs to practice racism and white supremacy unimpeded.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »

This ghetto illiterate ? ..

Not shocked at this geechie hoochie. What am i shocked about is, Anthony Hamilton. That ? now is on the ? train with his brother the Krispy Puppet.

That is from a few days ago and Anthony Hamilton already spoke on it. He said he didn't approve of that ? and unless you see something directly from him, don't attach his name to it
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    yall ? and yall corny over done name callin that ? is kiddish as ?

"Those bacon backed pork belly ? storm troopers just shot another one"
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    yall ? and yall corny over done name callin that ? is kiddish as ?

"Those bacon backed pork belly ? storm troopers just shot another one"
    This is funny

Childish.......but funny
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not shocked at this geechie hoochie. What am i shocked about is, Anthony Hamilton. That ? now is on the ? train with his brother the Krispy Puppet.

Exactly!!!

I read that ? and was like damn Anthony Hamilton on that ? . Have no expectations or standards for Fantasia though her doing that ain't surprising at all.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

That is from a few days ago and Anthony Hamilton already spoke on it. He said he didn't approve of that ? and unless you see something directly from him, don't attach his name to it

Good to read that!
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    Ya know, there are instances where "All Lives Matter" applies.

Like here

https://youtu.be/MfxbpEmPa8c

Black lives matter and it exists as a movement because in the eyes of many, black lives don't matter. All lives matter is not a contradiction to black lives matter and you ? calling LeBron a ? for merely saying it are dumb as ? .

Here is the thing...given the fact that there is systemic racism in this country, if black people protest along with those on behalf of black people and are successful in at least bringing police reform to any extent, white people and all others will benefit as well. Whereas in most cases whenever white people have benefited in this country it resulted in blacks/minorities being disadvantaged or simply not benefiting along with others. There is nothing wrong with blacks, whites, any colors focusing on ONLY black lives bc thats where the main issue lies. Why do they have to include everyone under the sun when everyone else is acting like they have no right or reason to complain?

Now if u dont believe there's racial oppression today in 2016, thats a whole other conversation. But thats the only reason i can see u making your post. Just my opinion though.

As far as Lebron i think its too early to tell whats gonna happen. He still might put his fist up or something else.

You don't have to lecture me on racial discrimination and oppression on an institutional level. It exists and is possibly the longest running problem this country has ever had to deal with.

My whole point in posting what I posted was to say that reacting to the phrase "All lives matter" on its own negatively is no better than reacting to "black lives matter" on its own negatively. ? calling LeBron a ? and accusing him of doing some ? he didn't even do.

It would've been one thing if somebody ASKED him about BLM, and his response was "All Lives matter" but the didn't happen.

its the context surrounding All Lives Matter and how its slogan was reactionary as a way to devalue what Black Lives Matter is about. Saying something like "yes all lives do matter, but right now black lives dont seem to matter or black lives need to be the focus" is better than just saying all lives matter in my opinion

So he didn't say it how you wanted him to say it, so it's a greenlight on putting "? " on his name?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like here

Black lives matter and it exists as a movement because in the eyes of many, black lives don't matter. All lives matter is not a contradiction to black lives matter and you ? calling LeBron a ? for merely saying it are dumb as ? .

Here is the thing...given the fact that there is systemic racism in this country, if black people protest along with those on behalf of black people and are successful in at least bringing police reform to any extent, white people and all others will benefit as well. Whereas in most cases whenever white people have benefited in this country it resulted in blacks/minorities being disadvantaged or simply not benefiting along with others. There is nothing wrong with blacks, whites, any colors focusing on ONLY black lives bc thats where the main issue lies. Why do they have to include everyone under the sun when everyone else is acting like they have no right or reason to complain?

Now if u dont believe there's racial oppression today in 2016, thats a whole other conversation. But thats the only reason i can see u making your post. Just my opinion though.

As far as Lebron i think its too early to tell whats gonna happen. He still might put his fist up or something else.

You don't have to lecture me on racial discrimination and oppression on an institutional level. It exists and is possibly the longest running problem this country has ever had to deal with.

My whole point in posting what I posted was to say that reacting to the phrase "All lives matter" on its own negatively is no better than reacting to "black lives matter" on its own negatively. ? calling LeBron a ? and accusing him of doing some ? he didn't even do.

It would've been one thing if somebody ASKED him about BLM, and his response was "All Lives matter" but the didn't happen.
    Given the reasoning behind it, what could possibly be negative in saying "black lives matter"? Y'all gotta cut this "they do bad, we do bad, let's find some middle ground" ? out bruh

Don't marginalize my comment. It ain't about middle ground.

Just because they're ? up doesn't mean you don't have to check yourself. Their wrongs don't have ? to do with your wrongs my ?
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like here

Given the reasoning behind it, what could possibly be negative in saying "black lives matter"? Y'all gotta cut this "they do bad, we do bad, let's find some middle ground" ? out bruh

Don't marginalize my comment. It ain't about middle ground.

Just because they're ? up doesn't mean you don't have to check yourself. Their wrongs don't have ? to do with your wrongs my ?
    I didn't marginalize anything. Your own words
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like here

its the context surrounding All Lives Matter and how its slogan was reactionary as a way to devalue what Black Lives Matter is about. Saying something like "yes all lives do matter, but right now black lives dont seem to matter or black lives need to be the focus" is better than just saying all lives matter in my opinion

So he didn't say it how you wanted him to say it, so it's a greenlight on putting "? " on his name?

I never called him that but I undrstand why it upsets ppl
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    Watch AT&T’s CEO give a forceful defense of Black Lives Matter

By Brian Fung
    September 30, 2016 at 10:20 AM

"Tolerance is for cowards."

That's just a slice of the blunt talk that AT&T chief executive Randall Stephenson gave to company employees last week as Charlotte erupted into protests over the police shooting of Keith Lamont Scott.

Speaking to a crowd of several hundred last Friday, Stephenson's frankness underscored a sense of personal alarm over the spread of racially charged violence in the United States. Spurred on by events, he spoke urgently about the need for difficult conversations about race — and in so doing became one of the most outspoken corporate leaders on the Black Lives Matter movement.

The full speech was captured on video by an attendee of the event, who posted it on YouTube.

Tolerance and inaction, Stephenson said, is what keeps prejudice and resentment alive behind a curtain of civility, and it's tearing the country apart.

"Our communities are being destroyed by racial tension," he said, "and we're too polite to talk about it."

Recounting the experience of one of his closest friends, Stephenson described how the effects of race are often hidden to those who don't grapple with it on a daily basis.

Stephenson admitted he had always been somewhat "confused" by the racial views of his friend, a black physician who served three tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. But when he saw him address a mostly white church congregation about being refused service at restaurants, being called "boy" and even fearing being stopped by police in his own neighborhood, Stephenson finally understood the depth of his friend's frustration.

"Now I've got to tell you, I get his anger when somebody responds to the Black Lives protest by saying 'all lives matter,'" Stephenson said. He added:

When a parent says, 'I love my son,' you don't say, 'What about your daughter?'
    When we walk or run for breast cancer funding and research, we don't say, 'What about prostate cancer?'
    When the president says, '? bless America,' we don't say, 'Shouldn't ? bless all countries?'
    And when a person struggling with what's been broadcast on our airwaves says, 'black lives matter,' we should not say 'all lives matter' to justify ignoring the real need for change.
    Stephenson said he was stunned to hear about his friend's experience, but is now determined not to be a bystander.

"If this is a dialogue that's to begin at AT&T, I feel like it probably ought to start with me," he said, to a standing ovation.

This is a CEO I can support, goat this ? .

seen the vid on facebook i'd post if i could, goat ?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It took his "black friend" to wake him up but at least he's woke
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

blackrain wrote: »

If it ain't your daily experience then you truly won't know unless it personally affects you...and it happening to his friend was the personal experience that opened his eyes

I'm always surprised when black people take the stance of "Why did his black friend/family member have to tell him before he believed?" That's just how people are. It doesn't matter. Black, white, yellow, green...people tend not to give a ? or fully understand something until it affects them directly. Like @Los216 pointed out, there are plenty of white people out there that see it firsthand everyday and still ignore it.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPqOotT_ta8

http://mashable.com/2016/09/29/colin-kaepernick-barack-obama-comments/#bX5aUhJ.hSqF
    Earlier this month, President Obama defended Kaepernick, saying the actions are "his Constitutional right."

On Wednesday, Obama expanded on that, saying that while he believes honoring the flag and the National Anthem is part of what unifies America, "part of what makes this country special is that we respect people's rights to have a different opinion."

That being said, he then called upon Kaepernick and fellow NFL players protesting to stop and think about the repercussions of their actions. "I want (the protesters) to listen to the pain that that may cause somebody who, for example, had a spouse or a child who was killed in combat and why it hurts them to see somebody not standing," he said.

SMH.gif

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you want to get other people to care what's happening, you have to find a way to relate it to them. That's why all of these movements will eventually fail.

The leader of these movements need to be find a way to get a good number of white people on board if they truly want ? to change in this country. This can be done by changing the presentation. The concept of Black Lives Matter, the fight against police brutality towards people of color, can very easily be presented as police are getting out of control, and state government is trying to make it a Police State by giving Policemen immunity.

Black representatives today are falling for the same ? ideology that MLK Jr. fell for (before he broke through and they assassinated him). They think others will have compassion and go against injustice because it's the right thing to do. Nah, you got to make them FEEL it.

In sum, black people in this country are good at protesting. White people in this country are good at tearing ? up/down and forcing change. Make white people feel they're next or they're being subtly targeted and you'll see REAL progress.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WEST POINT — Knicks center Joakim Noah skipped Thursday night’s team dinner at the mess hall with Army cadets and a speech from a retired colonel because of his stance against war and gun violence.

Noah said he feels “uncomfortable’’ the Knicks are conducting training camp for the third straight year at West Point, where the United States Military Academy is based. The Knicks break camp Saturday.

“It’s hard for me a little bit — I have a lot of respect for the kids here fighting — but it’s hard for me to understand why we go to war and why kids have to ? kids all around the world,’’ Noah said. “I have mixed feeling about being here. I’m very proud of this country. I love America. I don’t understand kids killing kids around the world.’’
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options