Marvel's Luke Cage

Options

Comments

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OmegaSataN wrote: »
    I wish someone would teach these characters how to fight. The FIGHT Scenes are horrendous

You can tell the fight scenes are a bit toned down for budget reasons, but this ain't the type of show where Kung full or even boxing skills need to be shown. Luke is bullet proof more bones need to be shown broken when ? attempt to hit him. The rawness of the fights scenes look fine to me.

IThey're literally throwing their hands in the air and shifting the camera. Stan Lee is shaking in his grave
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Binged watched 12 episodes on Friday until my brain turned to mush. Wifey was not happy. Just finished the last one.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.tunefind.com/show/marvels-luke-cage

This site crowd sources any music in TV shows or movies. You're welcome. Binge watched the whole show yesterday, we deserve this ? .
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    lion_heart wrote: »
    Binged watched 12 episodes on Friday until my brain turned to mush. Wifey was not happy. Just finished the last one.

Well I watched the first 7 yesterday and finished the rest today at 3:30 don't feel bad.
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought there would have been more Hip Hop
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jazzybella wrote: »
    Just realized cotton mouth was in the predators reboot a few years ago.

And he was on House of Cards

I never watched house of Cards. Is that show any good?
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    So is Misty Knight going to turn into Misty Knight?

I've been wondering how they're going to tie it in. I know they're building up to her going vigilante/detective but she hasn't lost her.........
    arm and showed her ninja fighting skills
    what would be dope is if she does a cameo on iron fist where she loses her arm and ends up training with him to learn her fighting skills
    Thought he was going to have a cameo in this series. Yet to have see him as of yet

I'm halfway through ep. 4 so I don't know either
  • willhustle
    Options
    I love & hated the last episode because...

-I thought Black Mariah was going to finally get them behind the bars treatment for killing Cottonmouth and being involved with Diamondback.

-I was ? that Luke had to go back to Seagate again but I'm glad the guy in the barbershop found the files to prove Luke's innocence.

-Diamondback laid up in the hospital with a broken neck was hilarious but I hate that the Doc that experimented on Luke Cage is going to be back at again trying to recreate the same experiment on Diamondback that he did Luke.

-Shades killing Candace because Misty never thought to check for the phone she lost in the Cage/Diamondback fight.
  • willhustle
    Options
    I might watch Luke Cage all over again because this show was fun to watch from the first episode to the last episode. As of right now, I got to consider this to be the best out of all the Marvel Netflix series with Daredevil being a close 2nd. See the thing with Daredevil that I have a problem with is that with some episodes especially in season 1 it takes forever for the storyline to pick up and things finally don't come to ahead until 2 episodes later.

Luke Cage was just perfectly balanced and I think comic book sales will or might increase (but I'm not Marvel) so who knows... I can't wait for The Defenders and Punisher series those should be really good.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the score they use for action and dramatic scenes ithas a noir feel like a pulp comic book /blaxploitation sound. It fits like cage and his surroundings. I wish the big screen MCU films would use scores that fit their films instead of that generic Danny elfman type score.
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    They should replace the main character, he's the worst actor on the show.
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

That's the exception...most of what I've seen has been very positive.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta chill after esp 6

Great show btw
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn the chick that play Misty look like my girl Nicole Beharie from Sleepy Hollow. ? she even sound like her.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You wrote this huh whiteboy?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Diamond back is way more bad ass than cottonmouth. I pity cottonmouth sort of his childhood was messed up he didn't choose crime. He came from a very twisted family

I like that each character is layered and are either seeming repentance for past since or full on embracing them Cottonmouth that dude but Diamonback was spitting bars since he came lol. "I'm spitting off the dome I admit but I haven't spit a wack verse yet"
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

You wrote this huh whiteboy?

I thought there was hoes in here?!
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    on episode 4, only thing ill say is choreography could be better during the fight scenes
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jazzybella wrote: »
    Just realized cotton mouth was in the predators reboot a few years ago.

And he was on House of Cards

I never watched house of Cards. Is that show any good?

Yes!! 4 seasons, hour long episodes but it's worth it trust me. If you wanna discuss the episodes while you watch it let me know
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »
    willhustle wrote: »
    I love & hated the last episode because...

-I thought Black Mariah was going to finally get them behind the bars treatment for killing Cottonmouth and being involved with Diamondback.

-I was ? that Luke had to go back to Seagate again but I'm glad the guy in the barbershop found the files to prove Luke's innocence.

-Diamondback laid up in the hospital with a broken neck was hilarious but I hate that the Doc that experimented on Luke Cage is going to be back at again trying to recreate the same experiment on Diamondback that he did Luke.

-Shades killing Candace because Misty never thought to check for the phone she lost in the Cage/Diamondback fight.

Got damn it why did I read this?!

Hey I spoilered it so that's on you.

I know man I know smh...