Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the ? has spoken.

Patiently awaiting that new Special that was announced awhile back.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

Yeah well, if you bitter about it....do something about it....I find it hard to believe Chapelle couldn't get a deal with a primetime network if he really wanted to get back in the game
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If that ? ever comes to Nashville I AM THERE!!!!
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Actually they haven't because Chappelle is in the comedy Mt. Rushmore with Pryor, Murphy, and Rock. Those muthafuckas are some bland ass generic hacks. The weakest monologue on Chappelle's Show greater that Key & Pelle's entire run.

Nah. Replace Chappelle with Red Foxx, ? Gregory, or even George Carlin then that's Mt. Rushmore.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

Yeah well, if you bitter about it....do something about it....I find it hard to believe Chapelle couldn't get a deal with a primetime network if he really wanted to get back in the game

How can he when he burned all his bridges with the jew hollywood overlords because he refused to be their lackey?

If straight up comedic talent was all it took to make it in show bizness he would be were Kevin Hart is now. That's now how it works though. Hence Kevin Hart being where he is by being a good politician and showing those jews that he knows "His place" in the game.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    So play the white man's game and be the wealthiest comedian in the world or don't and be at smaller venues rocking Ray Romano button ups

Crazy

That applies to every industry unfortunately. Not just show biz.

Sadly I know
  • jmol
    jmol Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Options
    Chapelle is a punk. He let them win by leaving TV and his fans. He could of easily went to another network but no he decided to be obscure get Buff and do random non televised comedy shows. He could of did movies or release stand up specials but no he didn't do nothing but lurk in the shadows and let wack comedians take over
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chappelle still the ? truth out here.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always tell the ic...my brother was at the show where dave said he quit his tv show
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm glad Chapelle stood up for what's right, but that's no excuse to not get content out to fans. There's so many avenues outside the mainstream. Maybe not for an all out sketch comedy show, but at least for stand up.

Key and Peele have their moments, but they're not clever enough with their comedy. It's not smart. It's black white frat boy humor.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    jmol wrote: »
    Chapelle is a punk. He let them win by leaving TV and his fans. He could of easily went to another network but no he decided to be obscure get Buff and do random non televised comedy shows. He could of did movies or release stand up specials but no he didn't do nothing but lurk in the shadows and let wack comedians take over

You don't get it.

The same jewish mafia runs ALL of Hollywood. They all run in the same circles. He goes to another network guess what happens? those comedy central jerkoffs he didn't play ball with would just ? a deal with another network out of spite.

It will go through too cause the execs at the other network would either be related to the comedy central execs or be buddy buddy with them from way back. Either way those people look after themselves before anybody else. The only way to break through as an outsider is by degenerating yourself to their terms and conditions and becoming their puppet. This is where the term selling out comes from.

So as a fan of the guy tbh I respect him a lot more for maintaining his integrity and staying true to himself especially because it's not an easy thing to do.

Others just look at the number on the checks and fall for the okey doke but he bucked that and stayed on his own path. As a man to me that's admirable as ? and if more celebrities had that type of character maybe show biz wouldn't be filled with so many ? boys.

Money isn't everything and it damn sure is not the end point you find at the end of the road to the pursuit of happiness. It's called the root of all evil for a reason.

I'd rather be happy and enjoying the freedom of staying true to myself than be miserable by faking the funk and bending to another man's will and agenda and putting up with it cause it keeps my bank account a bit fatter.

I get what you saying but them people respect money too. If Chappelle wanted to return to TV somebody would put him on cause the interest and most importantly the money would be there IMO.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apparently he's still doing pretty well for himself so what did he really lose?
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He maintained his integrity, characters and morals. Still gets paid. Has a family and is considered one of the greatest comedians of all time.

? Comedy Central.

And just left all the other people on that show high and dry.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See I didn't know that. Haven't really followed him at all since he started showing back up in public.