Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Racism runs so deep. They put their personal hatred of black ppl above their own business
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Funny how one man stance has this much of an impact...

C/S. I'm so glad he's doing what he's doing. More and more people keep exposing themselves.

It's good to know who the bigots and racist are and who has prejudice views of black people.
    D. Morgan wrote: »

So the chick who kneeled during the anthem was booed by some dudes who SAT DOWN during the anthem?

Life is stanger than fiction!!!!

Lol ? idiots.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Funny how one man stance has this much of an impact...

And many doubted it'd have any impact because he was screaming ranting and raving about revenge for black folks
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This on some monkey see monkey do ? right now.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its basically a non action its just avoids the issue under the illusion of "solidarity" which im sure will be followed with cliched athlete answers

Not really directed at you.

What is the solidarity that these nba players actually think they are showing?

I mean the police show solidarity when they are murdering black people in the street by closing ranks and backing each others lies, using raised funds for bail and high priced lawyers.

I'm really at a loss for what the nba players really think that ? shows to the public and how it bothers the powers that be.

IMO that ? is the equivalent of the same weak ass ? the clippers players did by wearing their warm-ups inside out and dropping them on the floor. Like that isn't what they do every game except the shirts are not inside out.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't support none of these ? at anything no jersey or shoe etc. Make that ? not cool and disown them
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we need to move past the anthem protests now.
    they need to be talking about actual initiatives or its all just hollow...

This
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2016
    Options

I said that last week when LeBron made his comments and people were mad at him. Sitting or kneeling only goes so far. Actual actions have to follow to make an impact but some people love the symbolism more than the work the change requires because kneeling is the easy part. Working for the change is the hard part
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    NBA players can't shake the chains. Adam SilverDavid Stern told them exactly what to do.

• 1CK1S
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

I said that last week when LeBron made his comments and people were mad at him. Sitting or kneeling only goes so far. Actual actions have to follow to make an impact but some people love the symbolism more than the work the change requires because kneeling is the easy part. Working for the change is the hard part

That's the hard part. They can't hire officers.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I'm leaning toward this now. Kap is out here doing stuff, it's time to redirect this ? to that now. Colin has made his impact and now the story on him should be focused on what he's doing to help. I don't care about some offensive lineman, or some dude who used to be a star in the NFL sitting or raising his fist. The people who really need to be following Kap to make this a way bigger impact are not going to be the ones to do this ? . It's time to focus on the next steps.
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    Isaiah Crowell Gives 1st Game Check to Dallas Fallen Officers

Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell donated his first game check of the 2016 season to the Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation.

According to Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com, Crowell's donation was more than $35,000 and came after months of forging a relationship with Sergeant Demetrick Pennie, the president of the foundation.

Per Cabot, Crowell never intended for his donation to be made public, and Peddie didn't want the money, but merely an opportunity to talk one-on-one with Crowell.

In July, Crowell posted a drawing on Instagram depicting a hooded individual slicing a police officer's throat, per CBS New York. The Browns running back quickly deleted the image.

Crowell later issued an apology, which came just before five Dallas police officers were killed in a sniper attack, per USA Today:

"Last week was an emotional and difficult week as we saw extreme acts of violence against black men across our country as well as against police officers in Dallas. I posted an image to Instagram in the midst of that emotion that I shouldn’t have and immediately removed it. It was an extremely poor decision and I apologize for that mistake and for offending people."

Crowell also said that his "values and beliefs do not match" the image he posted.

Pennie told Cabot that he asked Crowell why he sent the check when his original plan was to build a relationship with the foundation.

"(Crowell) said, 'Sarge, I want to do it. I really want to do it.' I said, 'OK, all right, you will now be an executive-level sponsor.'"

Pennie went on to describe Crowell as being "like my son" and that he's "so proud" of the 23-year-old, adding the third-year running back flew down to met with Pennie on his own and had a three-hour discussion that helped forge their current bond.

• prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Add another ? to the list

http://atlantablackstar.com/2016/09/30/venus-williams-states-all-lives-matter-response-serenas-heartfelt-post-police-brutality/
    After Venus completed her matches in the Wuhan Open, reporters asked the defending champion about her sister Serena’s comments.

How important do you think it is for you and your sister and other Black athletes to speak out on those issues?” a journalist asked during the press conference.

“I haven’t seen the post,” Venus replied in transcripts captured by ASAP Sports. “I think all lives matter, so … I can’t really comment"
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    NBA players can't shake the chains. Adam SilverDavid Stern told them exactly what to do.

Nah Stern wouldn't have went for that ? at all. Adam Silver sat with the players association and told them what was acceptable and what was not. Bets believe kneeling during the anthem wouldve come with a hefty fine.