Rod Temperton Dies At Age 66

Options
D0wn
D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
156240_3983288144600_1352616276_33450687_1037157785_n.jpg
Rod Temperton, the British songwriter best known for Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and "Rock With You", has died.
Temperton died in London last week at the age of 66 after "a brief aggressive battle with cancer", Jon Platt of Warner/Chappell music publishing said.
Temperton's other hits included "Off The Wall" , "Baby Be Mine" "Burn This Disco Out,", "The Lady in My Life", and "Someone in the Dark" for Jackson and Boogie Nights for his band Heatwave.

"His family is devastated and request total privacy at this, the saddest of sad times," Mr Platt said.
Temperton, whose private funeral has taken place, was nicknamed The Invisible Man because of his low profile.
Those paying tribute include Chic guitarist Nile Rodgers, who tweeted: "Your genius gave us a funkier world!"
Michael Jackson's sister LaToya wrote: "A brilliant prolific #songwriter Rod Temperton may you #RIP one of my favorite #songs Rock With You #Thriller #legend #Music #MichaelJackson"
Producer and DJ Mark Ronson wrote: "So devastated to hear that Rod Temperton has passed away. a wonderful man & one of my favourite songwriters ever. thank you for the magic x"

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37565125
:'(:'(:'(
RIP to this legend.

I Felt the same way when the song writer who wrote "U Got The Look", "Purple Rain", "1999", "I Wanna Be Your Lover" "Why U Wanna Treat me so bad", and "Adore" died too... O Wait...@BOSSExcellence
tumblr_m7tcl7gv9c1qhhrf5o4_400.gif

Comments

• onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn dude wrote my favorite MJ song. Didn't know that.
  • D0wn
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    C.S
    Stevie Wonder wrote one of mines "I Can't Help It"
  • Dazzling
    Dazzling Members Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    RIP to a legendary writer and producer
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why does he look just like Steven Spielberg in that pic?
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP to the Legend......he s writing changed music period....
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wrote some of the greatest songs of all time. So much melody and soul from a guy who happened to be from the UK
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Rod Temperton, the British songwriter best known for Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and "Rock With You", has died.
    Temperton died in London last week at the age of 66 after "a brief aggressive battle with cancer", Jon Platt of Warner/Chappell music publishing said.
    Temperton's other hits included "Off The Wall" , "Baby Be Mine" "Burn This Disco Out,", "The Lady in My Life", and "Someone in the Dark" for Jackson and Boogie Nights for his band Heatwave.

"His family is devastated and request total privacy at this, the saddest of sad times," Mr Platt said.
    Temperton, whose private funeral has taken place, was nicknamed The Invisible Man because of his low profile.
    Those paying tribute include Chic guitarist Nile Rodgers, who tweeted: "Your genius gave us a funkier world!"
    Michael Jackson's sister LaToya wrote: "A brilliant prolific #songwriter Rod Temperton may you #RIP one of my favorite #songs Rock With You #Thriller #legend #Music #MichaelJackson"
    Producer and DJ Mark Ronson wrote: "So devastated to hear that Rod Temperton has passed away. a wonderful man & one of my favourite songwriters ever. thank you for the magic x"

RIP to this legend.

I Felt the same way when the song writer who wrote "U Got The Look", "Purple Rain", "1999", "I Wanna Be Your Lover" "Why U Wanna Treat me so bad", and "Adore" died too... O Wait...@BOSSExcellence

whats that?? 7 hits outta 700!!? hahaha

like i said in the other thread ? ..
    quality >>> quantity

Prince got waaaaaaay more misses then hits..
    ? every time Michael hit a note a tree grew in the rainforrest. ur welcome! hahaha

Y'all don't want to do this again lol
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

RIP to this legend.

quality >>> quantity

? every time Michael hit a note a tree grew in the rainforrest. ur welcome! hahaha

Y'all don't want to do this again lol

i dont get tired! hahaha
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why does he look just like Steven Spielberg in that pic?

I think it is Spielberg.lol

RIP
  • D0wn
    Options

RIP to this legend.

quality >>> quantity

...lmmao
    700 hits
    lets go through them then

"Get On The Floor" = Louis Johnson
    "Girlfriend" = Paul McCartney & Quincy Jones
    "She's Out of My Life= " Tom Bahler & Quincy Jones
    "I Can't Help It = Stevie Wonder & Susaye Greene
    "It's the Falling in Love" Carole Bayer & Sager David Foster

"Human Nature" =Steve Porcaro & John Bettis
    "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) =James Ingram & Quincy Jones

Mike Wrote every song off of Bad

except for "Man in the Mirror" it was written by Siedah Garrett, & Glen Ballard

• CapitalB
    Options
    ? !!? u know how many trees are in the rainforrest!!?

u know how much the rainforrest is reaponsible for breathable air on earth!!?

ur welcome.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That man must have been at least a billionaire no? Writing royalties due to the highest selling album of all time?

'Boogie Nights' is one of my favourite tunes...

• shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's responsible for some great songs the man had a gift
  • D0wn
    edited October 2016
    Options

ur welcome.

Lmao This ? so devastated...

Mike was that ? . But if we talking about creating and crafting there's levels to this.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    That man must have been at least a billionaire no? Writing royalties due to the highest selling album of all time?

'Boogie Nights' is one of my favourite tunes...

I doubt it man

I was thinking Quincy ? Jones should be a billionaire ...him n Mike prolly generated well over
    100 billion considering EVERYTHING that ate off them n their creations ..but the music industry is ? industry
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ur welcome.

Lmao i dont get why we thanking you tho
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

true that...i always thought Quincy Jones wrote thriller...learn something new everyday
  • CapitalB
    Options

ur welcome.

Lmao This ? so devastated...

Mike was that ? . But if we talking about creating and crafting there's levels to this.

BUT we not tho..
    thats yall ? that be tryin to slant the argument..

Mike is the greatest.. PERIOD!

yall tryin to get all technical and ? ..
    ? had white males faintin from jus standin on stage..

? was a real life Pooty Tang.. "Mike dont need no words.. Mike dont need no music!!" hahaha
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

ur welcome.

Lmao i dont get why we thanking you tho

because u are..
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

RIP to this legend.

But MJ is supposedly greater than Prince. Okay.