Did she just ask him to apologize for a ? he was acquitted for?

Options

Comments

• obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The bottom line is him waving in his stance in ANY type of compromise (even expressing too much sympathy for ? victims) opens the door for the perception of self accountability. NEVER allow yourself to be manipulated into being accountable for something you didn't do.

In situations like these the less that is said the better...whether the movie sells or not. Because once you express any sort of self accountability the media will be there like hawks to spin it....and he'll be stuck explaining his previous explanations....and eventually the more it happens he'll look like a liar no matter if he's being truthful or not.

I'm probably not even going to see the movie in the theatre...but I'm damn sure going to buy some tickets on line to support the brother even if they go to waste.

That's exactly what I was gonna do. Buy a ticket. I can't watch his face for 120 minutes.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? out of here
    U don't give ppl an opportunity to apologize for some ? they said they didn't do
    If u did that in real life it would be a ? problem
    These folks got y'all all twisted and confused

Find the word apologize in my post.

Don't try to play word games or do mental gymnastics with me fam

Why the ? should he feel empathy for someone who (in his eyes) tried to ruin his life?
    Why should he take the opportunity to be remorseful for some shot that you all imagined?

Also, the fact that u hold unrepentant convicted lunatic Charles Manson in higher regard than this dude shows how easily manipulated the population is

I have no interest in arguing with you, dumb dumb. Cause the bolded questions show how simple you are and ready to jump in and argue against a point that WAS NOT MADE. I didn't say he should do anything. In fact, I said he doesn't have to do anything. I was explaining Robin's line of questioning. He is on a PRESS TOUR because he wants people to see his film. That is his overarching goal. There are people who will not see it because of how he comes across about a serious issue. If he was innocent of the allegations, I can see where he would struggle to put voice to a concern that not only did he not do but was found not guilty of. But his attitude is so off putting. No one is cornering him in a bathroom. He has a stage that he keeps getting on himself. He's doing himself no favors with this movie.

Are you going to see the movie?
  • ghostdog56
    Options
    Their is a difference between ? and being taken advantage of this white ? got taken advantage of
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? out of here
    U don't give ppl an opportunity to apologize for some ? they said they didn't do

Why the ? should he feel empathy for someone who (in his eyes) tried to ruin his life?
    Why should he take the opportunity to be remorseful for some shot that you all imagined?

Also, the fact that u hold unrepentant convicted lunatic Charles Manson in higher regard than this dude shows how easily manipulated the population is

I have no interest in arguing with you, dumb dumb. Cause the bolded questions show how simple you are and ready to jump in and argue against a point that WAS NOT MADE. I didn't say he should do anything. In fact, I said he doesn't have to do anything. I was explaining Robin's line of questioning. He is on a PRESS TOUR because he wants people to see his film. That is his overarching goal. There are people who will not see it because of how he comes across about a serious issue. If he was innocent of the allegations, I can see where he would struggle to put voice to a concern that not only did he not do but was found not guilty of. But his attitude is so off putting. No one is cornering him in a bathroom. He has a stage that he keeps getting on himself. He's doing himself no favors with this movie.

"Trashy insult"
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First off my ? u r arguing with me
    Second stop trying to make this about you and your specific word choices
    Robins line of questioning is meant to make Nate look worse
    There is nothing wrong with his responses if he believes he is innocent
    He has addressed the issue numerous times so my questions are valid
    Why are u ppl expecting contrition and empathy when he has stated numerous times that he is innocent?

What the ? could he possibly say about this ? to make the fake outrage go away?

The outrage is fake
    The expectations are fake
    And it's sad how black ppl just fall in line with the dumb ?

Well I can think of a dozen or so famous men who have been accused of ? who I do not find repulsive and whose work I can still indulge. Outrage is over the top. I just have no interest in looking at him for 2 hours.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why are u ppl expecting contrition and empathy when he has stated numerous times that he is innocent?

The outrage is fake

Well I can think of a dozen or so famous men who have been accused of ? who I do not find repulsive and whose work I can still indulge. Outrage is over the top. I just have no interest in looking at him for 2 hours.

I can dig it
    I feel the same way about Amy Schumer
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    He married to a white chick ....probably was a white chick that got him in so much heat...cannot take him or his movie serious.....how many slave movies do we need?
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This the same butch i mean ? that kept ? with c breezy bout the incident and had that ? spaz out when he was there to talk about his music.
    ? this ?
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMFAO that chick face slowly slowy got more long as the interview progressed and she couldnt get what she wanted.

Dude handled that very well, should make you want to support him even more.

As big brother five alluded to, its sad as ? how even black people are falling for the okey doke.

But anything promoting or supporting positive, progressive black manhood in this country has to he torn down for the system of white supremacy to persist.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? out of here

? out of here

Hold up though, I get him not wanting to apologize due to the legalities and maybe he feels like he wasn't wrong in the treatment of this woman, but why is he implying regret here?
    I’m trying to absorb a lot of information. I watched The Hunting Ground. I read Roxane ? ’s open letter, I read Maiysha Kai’s open letter, I read Demetria D’Oyley. Just to really…what do I need to learn about the situation? If I’m really down…if I’m really serious about changing my attitude, if I’m really serious that those comments are wrong, then what do I need to be feeling? And how do I get to that place that there’s an assault against women?

So I sat my daughter down and I talked about this specific situation, it wasn’t the first time because when she became a certain age I talked about it to her anyway. But I said you know, I gotta look at the situation as an opportunity to grow and become more empathetic and more sensitive to issues to that are outside of my everyday, and I don’t want to send you to college and say, “Be careful and watch out.” I said that, for one, when you’re in a relationship with someone you have to be in control of that relationship and you have to be as open as you can about everything, straight up, out the gate. We have a very unique relationship because I don’t ever want her to feel like she can’t come to me, so I allow her to talk to me about everything, which is hard. Being a woman in 2016 if very different, imagine being a woman 20 years ago, and when we talk about consent, maybe 20 years from now we’ll know things about consent and examine it from a different perspective than we are now.

I’ll say this, this whole situation I’m approaching from a standpoint of humility. I’m sorry for all the women who are survivors who felt hurt by my words because they were insensitive and they were nonchalant.

EBONY.com: I think the thing that could have perhaps handled this differently is if you came off more contrite from the jump. Like you said, if you had more empathy from the beginning, or if it wasn’t as self-focused…

Nate Parker: But you know what, I was…

EBONY.com: So why did you give those two interviews first? Because I feel like I had read some articles [about the ? case], but it wasn’t like this thing, until…

Nate Parker: This is hard; I’ve been trying to figure out how to say this. Not everyone has the best intentions. I thought I was giving the interview, at the time of those two interviews–and one really just bit off the other–I didn’t know the status of the women. I didn’t know. I was acting as if I was the victim, and that’s wrong. I was acting as if I was the victim because I felt like, my only thought was I’m innocent and everyone needs to know. I didn’t even think for a second about her, not even for a second.

You asked me why I wasn’t empathetic? Why didn’t it come off more empathetic? Because I wasn’t being empathetic. Why didn’t it come off more contrite? Because I wasn’t being contrite. Maybe I was being even arrogant. And learning about her passing shook me, it really did. It really shook me.

http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-culture/nate-parker-? -charges-consent#axzz4MIp1FCt3

So now he forgot he was empathetic???
  • Westie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Their is a difference between ? and being taken advantage of this white ? got taken advantage of

So it's not ? then if the woman's unconscious right? Like passed out and someone ? her because that's along the same lines. Because you can't say no and someone took advantage of her unconscious body.
  • Brother_Five
    Options
    Westie wrote: »
    ? out of here

? out of here

Hold up though, I get him not wanting to apologize due to the legalities and maybe he feels like he wasn't wrong in the treatment of this woman, but why is he implying regret here?
    I’m trying to absorb a lot of information. I watched The Hunting Ground. I read Roxane ? ’s open letter, I read Maiysha Kai’s open letter, I read Demetria D’Oyley. Just to really…what do I need to learn about the situation? If I’m really down…if I’m really serious about changing my attitude, if I’m really serious that those comments are wrong, then what do I need to be feeling? And how do I get to that place that there’s an assault against women?

So I sat my daughter down and I talked about this specific situation, it wasn’t the first time because when she became a certain age I talked about it to her anyway. But I said you know, I gotta look at the situation as an opportunity to grow and become more empathetic and more sensitive to issues to that are outside of my everyday, and I don’t want to send you to college and say, “Be careful and watch out.” I said that, for one, when you’re in a relationship with someone you have to be in control of that relationship and you have to be as open as you can about everything, straight up, out the gate. We have a very unique relationship because I don’t ever want her to feel like she can’t come to me, so I allow her to talk to me about everything, which is hard. Being a woman in 2016 if very different, imagine being a woman 20 years ago, and when we talk about consent, maybe 20 years from now we’ll know things about consent and examine it from a different perspective than we are now.

I’ll say this, this whole situation I’m approaching from a standpoint of humility. I’m sorry for all the women who are survivors who felt hurt by my words because they were insensitive and they were nonchalant.

EBONY.com: I think the thing that could have perhaps handled this differently is if you came off more contrite from the jump. Like you said, if you had more empathy from the beginning, or if it wasn’t as self-focused…

EBONY.com: So why did you give those two interviews first? Because I feel like I had read some articles [about the ? case], but it wasn’t like this thing, until…

Nate Parker: This is hard; I’ve been trying to figure out how to say this. Not everyone has the best intentions. I thought I was giving the interview, at the time of those two interviews–and one really just bit off the other–I didn’t know the status of the women. I didn’t know. I was acting as if I was the victim, and that’s wrong. I was acting as if I was the victim because I felt like, my only thought was I’m innocent and everyone needs to know. I didn’t even think for a second about her, not even for a second.

You asked me why I wasn’t empathetic? Why didn’t it come off more empathetic? Because I wasn’t being empathetic. Why didn’t it come off more contrite? Because I wasn’t being contrite. Maybe I was being even arrogant. And learning about her passing shook me, it really did. It really shook me.

http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-culture/nate-parker-? -charges-consent#axzz4MIp1FCt3

Damned if he do, damned if he don't huh?
    Huh?
  • Brother_Five
    Options
    He about to address it on breakfast club
    I'm about to be late to the car wash
  • ghostdog56
    Options

So it's not ? then if the woman's unconscious right? Like passed out and someone ? her because that's along the same lines. Because you can't say no and someone took advantage of her unconscious body.

Take responsibility for your actions she shouldn't have put herself in that situation. If I pass out ? and wake up with my wallet missing I have to chalk it up to poor decision making on my part
  • Westie
    Options

Take responsibility for your actions she shouldn't have put herself in that situation. If I pass out ? and wake up with my wallet missing I have to chalk it up to poor decision making on my part

Having your wallet missing and your body forcibly entered into are two different things. That is ? ridiculous. So a woman needs to take responsibility for passing out and leaving her ? unattended but the ? who
    forced himself into that ? shouldn't?
  • Westie
    Options
    ? out of here

? out of here

Damned if he do, damned if he don't huh?
    Huh?

Addressing that you had poor judgment in a situation is better, and it would put him in a more favorable light than being an arrogant ? , which he is.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She's a liar

He ain't wrong for not giving attention to a liar
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The outrage is fake

Thats cause u r part of the herd aka sheep and the media hasnt told u to dislike those guys yet so u cool with em....for now at least