Iraqi troops suffer mass slaughter one mile from Baghdad: the general ISIS Chat thread

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Why ignore what people in Afghanistan and Pakistan are saying, along with what they're saying in Iraq, American airstrikes have killed many civilians, and MANY in those places believe America has done these actions on purpose-
    once again, the problem here is that your argument is "many believe." many believe lots of random nonsense, so could you give me anything BEYOND that?
    If you want to mention bombing Syrian doctors on purpose, American military has been known to bomb hospitals in Yemen and other places too. What is your point?
    my point? well, let's look at the words you mysteriously dodged:
    ON PURPOSE
    War is hell-
    please, if you're going to casually toss this out there as an excuse for ? Assad does, then please stop complaining about anything America does. seriously. you don't get to have that both ways.

you're still backing Assad and/or Russia complaining about America after having said a country that is "known to blow up hospitals and apartment buildings" isn't in a position to say ? .
    If people want ISIS and Al-Qaeda sympathizers to take over Syria, then people should just say so.
    Assad should say so. he released them to ? around in neighboring nations in violation of your principle of not doing that. oh, right, you literally don't give a ? about anyone doing that if it's not America, as you make excuse after excuse for every other nation.
    Civil wars are never pretty, and American wars in which many, many thousands of civilians die are no prettier.
    are you physically incapable of criticizing any nation without crying "but but but America is so much worse?"

• kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Why ignore what people in Afghanistan and Pakistan are saying, along with what they're saying in Iraq, American airstrikes have killed many civilians, and MANY in those places believe America has done these actions on purpose-
    once again, the problem here is that your argument is "many believe." many believe lots of random nonsense, so could you give me anything BEYOND that?
    If you want to mention bombing Syrian doctors on purpose, American military has been known to bomb hospitals in Yemen and other places too. What is your point?
    my point? well, let's look at the words you mysteriously dodged:
    ON PURPOSE
    War is hell-
    please, if you're going to casually toss this out there as an excuse for ? Assad does, then please stop complaining about anything America does. seriously. you don't get to have that both ways.

you're still backing Assad and/or Russia complaining about America after having said a country that is "known to blow up hospitals and apartment buildings" isn't in a position to say ? .
    If people want ISIS and Al-Qaeda sympathizers to take over Syria, then people should just say so.
    Assad should say so. he released them to ? around in neighboring nations in violation of your principle of not doing that. oh, right, you literally don't give a ? about anyone doing that if it's not America, as you make excuse after excuse for every other nation.
    Civil wars are never pretty, and American wars in which many, many thousands of civilians die are no prettier.
    are you physically incapable of criticizing any nation without crying "but but but America is so much worse?"

Doctors Without Borders and several other groups and families, along with Afghan and Pakistani officials, have all said that American airstrikes at times were done purposely in residential areas. The Doctors Without Borders hospital was bombed in Afghanistan by US planes and NGOs claim to have proof the attack was done on purpose. Several American soldiers who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan are documented saying American commanders at times demanded attacking civilian populations, so we can talk a lot about what's done on purpose from hypocritical American officials.

I fully admit to being harsher on America because America has a beyond disgraceful history in the region at this point. You should know America remains hated in all these nations it fights in, gee whiz I wonder why. If Assad is as bad as you say, fine, let the Syrian rebels and its Al-Qaeda sympathizers take him out. They seem to be struggling to do that though, I doubt Assad is going anywhere anytime soon.
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Iraqi group to American federal government: We will sue you for war crimes against Iraqi civilians

https://sputniknews.com/us/20160927/1045766921/iraqi-lawsuit-us-war-crimes.html

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/iraqis-threaten-sue-u-s-war-crimes/

9/27/2016

An advocacy organization representing scores of Iraqis killed or wounded by U.S. forces has threatened to sue the American government for war crimes, according to a recent announcement that cites a new bill as opening a pathway for citizens to sue foreign governments over terror attacks.

The Iraqi National Project, a group that advocates on the behalf of Iraqi nationals, says that it is laying the groundwork to sue the United States for its war effort in the country.

“These U.S. operations included bombings of civilians, arrests, torture (like in Abu Ghraib prison), and in numerous camps set up by the U.S. forces across Iraq,” the letter states. “There are also tens of thousands of maimed and handicapped Iraqis as a result of this injustice.”

--I'm sure Putin and Assad are having a good laugh at this news. I wish the Iraqi National Project the best of luck.
  • janklow
    Options
    Doctors Without Borders and several other groups and families, along with Afghan and Pakistani officials, have all said that American airstrikes at times were done purposely in residential areas. The Doctors Without Borders hospital was bombed in Afghanistan by US planes and NGOs claim to have proof the attack was done on purpose. Several American soldiers who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan are documented saying American commanders at times demanded attacking civilian populations, so we can talk a lot about what's done on purpose from hypocritical American officials.
    Doctors Without Borders also has some things to say about Assad and the Syrian government. so again, let's say the MSF hospital in Afghanistan was attacked on purpose (i believe the actual claim is that it WAS attacked on purpose based on what Afghan troops on the ground said, but let's leave that aside). MSF is ALSO saying:
    “Bombs are raining from Syria-led coalition planes and the whole of east Aleppo has become a giant ? box,” said Xisco Villalonga, director of operations at MSF. “The Syrian government must stop the indiscriminate bombing, and Russia as an indispensable political and military ally of Syria has the responsibility to exert the pressure to stop this.”

From September 21 to September 26, hospitals still functioning in Aleppo reported receiving more than 822 wounded, including at least 221 children, and more than 278 dead bodies—including 96 children—according to the Directorate of Health in east Aleppo.

“All intensive care units are full. Patients have to wait for others to die so they can be moved to an available bed in intensive care,” said Dr. Abu Waseem, manager of an MSF-supported trauma hospital in east Aleppo. “We only have three operating theaters, and yesterday alone we had to do more than 20 major abdominal surgeries. The hospital staff is working up to 20 hours a day. They cannot just go home and let people die.”

Amid the onslaught, hospitals are running out of supplies. MSF succeeded in delivering a cargo of medical supplies into Aleppo during a brief break in the siege back in August but has not been able to do so again.

“Over the last months, we have done everything we can to keep supporting the hospitals in Aleppo,” said Villalonga. “Now, with a complete siege on the city, attacks on humanitarian convoys, and intensive bombing, we are powerless.”
    this goes beyond an intentional attack or two; this is continuing policy. which is the point about this comparison.
    I fully admit to being harsher on America because America has a beyond disgraceful history in the region at this point.
    how does Syria itself NOT have a beyond disgraceful history?

the point is not that Syrians shouldn't be the ones to resolve Syrian problems. the point is that Syria is doing the same things you're complaining about others doing.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Doctors Without Borders also has some things to say about Assad and the Syrian government. so again, let's say the MSF hospital in Afghanistan was attacked on purpose (i believe the actual claim is that it WAS attacked on purpose based on what Afghan troops on the ground said, but let's leave that aside). MSF is ALSO saying:
    “Bombs are raining from Syria-led coalition planes and the whole of east Aleppo has become a giant ? box,” said Xisco Villalonga, director of operations at MSF. “The Syrian government must stop the indiscriminate bombing, and Russia as an indispensable political and military ally of Syria has the responsibility to exert the pressure to stop this.”

From September 21 to September 26, hospitals still functioning in Aleppo reported receiving more than 822 wounded, including at least 221 children, and more than 278 dead bodies—including 96 children—according to the Directorate of Health in east Aleppo.

“All intensive care units are full. Patients have to wait for others to die so they can be moved to an available bed in intensive care,” said Dr. Abu Waseem, manager of an MSF-supported trauma hospital in east Aleppo. “We only have three operating theaters, and yesterday alone we had to do more than 20 major abdominal surgeries. The hospital staff is working up to 20 hours a day. They cannot just go home and let people die.”

Amid the onslaught, hospitals are running out of supplies. MSF succeeded in delivering a cargo of medical supplies into Aleppo during a brief break in the siege back in August but has not been able to do so again.

“Over the last months, we have done everything we can to keep supporting the hospitals in Aleppo,” said Villalonga. “Now, with a complete siege on the city, attacks on humanitarian convoys, and intensive bombing, we are powerless.”
    this goes beyond an intentional attack or two; this is continuing policy. which is the point about this comparison.
    I fully admit to being harsher on America because America has a beyond disgraceful history in the region at this point.
    how does Syria itself NOT have a beyond disgraceful history?

the point is not that Syrians shouldn't be the ones to resolve Syrian problems. the point is that Syria is doing the same things you're complaining about others doing.

Focusing just on Assad and Russian actions lately, yeah some of the air attacks have been indiscriminate and definitely not helpful. They deserve some criticism for their actions lately but all sides there have done bad things. Of course I hope for a peaceful resolution to the conflict there but America interfering with actions there militarily isn't helpful either.

If Assad's govt ? enough people off in Syria, his regime will be removed from power there by his own people. If that means Al-Qaeda sympathizers or ISIS taking over Syria, hey, I suppose that would make some happy. Neither side in the Syrian civil war is playing fair either way, ISIS and others have been known to use chemical weapons in their attacks. Syria is a giant mess and America is better off staying away from it, America's reputation there is terrible enough. Russia is much more popular in Damascus then America is, and Damascus is Syria's largest city and biggest population stronghold.
  • janklow
    Options
    Focusing just on Assad and Russian actions lately, yeah some of the air attacks have been indiscriminate and definitely not helpful. They deserve some criticism for their actions lately but all sides there have done bad things.
    okay, but why is it when we talk about Assad, you say "all sides there have done bad things," but when we talk about America, it's "America's reputation there is terrible enough." all sides haven't done bad things any more at that point?
    If Assad's govt ? enough people off in Syria, his regime will be removed from power there by his own people. If that means Al-Qaeda sympathizers or ISIS taking over Syria, hey, I suppose that would make some happy.
    i mean, i imagine there are Syrians who aren't a) on Assad's side, b) AQ sympathizers or c) ISIS... but who knows, maybe they all fled to Europe?
  • janklow
    Options
    topical:
    U.S. abandons efforts to work with Russia on Syria
    U.S.-Russia relations fell to a new post-Cold War low Monday as the Obama administration abandoned efforts to cooperate with Russia on ending the Syrian civil war and forming a common front against terrorists there, and Moscow suspended a landmark nuclear agreement.

The latter move, scuttling a deal the two countries signed in 2000 to dispose of their stocks of weapons-grade plutonium, was largely symbolic. But it provided the Kremlin with an opportunity to cite a series of what it called “unfriendly actions” toward Russia — from Ukraine-related and human rights sanctions to the deployment of NATO forces in the Baltics.

The United States, the Russian foreign ministry said in a statement, has “done all it could to destroy the atmosphere encouraging cooperation.”

Of far more immediate concern, the end of the Syria deal left the administration with no apparent diplomatic options remaining to stop the carnage in Aleppo and beyond after the collapse of a short-lived cease-fire deal negotiated last month.

The State Department announced that it was withdrawing U.S. personnel who have been meeting in Geneva over the past several weeks with Russian counterparts to plan coordinated airstrikes against al-Qaeda and Islamic State terrorists in Syria. The coordination was to start as soon as a cease-fire, begun Sept. 12, took hold and humanitarian aid began to flow to besieged communities where civilians have borne the brunt of Russian-backed President Bashar al-Assad’s response to a five-year effort to oust him.

welp
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Focusing just on Assad and Russian actions lately, yeah some of the air attacks have been indiscriminate and definitely not helpful. They deserve some criticism for their actions lately but all sides there have done bad things.
    okay, but why is it when we talk about Assad, you say "all sides there have done bad things," but when we talk about America, it's "America's reputation there is terrible enough." all sides haven't done bad things any more at that point?
    If Assad's govt ? enough people off in Syria, his regime will be removed from power there by his own people. If that means Al-Qaeda sympathizers or ISIS taking over Syria, hey, I suppose that would make some happy.
    i mean, i imagine there are Syrians who aren't a) on Assad's side, b) AQ sympathizers or c) ISIS... but who knows, maybe they all fled to Europe?

There are no powerful moderate groups in Syria, the only powerful rebel groups are ISIS and Al-Qaeda sympathizers who don't favor civil rights for religious minorities and women. The "moderate" rebels are few in number, even American officials have admitted this, which is why America relied so heavily on the Kurds for a long time to take out ISIS targets. But the Kurdish groups are bombarded by ISIS and the Turks and their allies nowadays obviously, so American influence in Syria is not high.

Julian Assange has hacked emails from the State Dept confirming that a huge chunk or most of the Syrian rebels had strong ties to Al-Qaeda and its allies. And yet, American weapons were still sent to these people haha....I hope Julian Assange releases his reports soon, only a matter of time.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2016
    Options
    topical:
    U.S. abandons efforts to work with Russia on Syria
    U.S.-Russia relations fell to a new post-Cold War low Monday as the Obama administration abandoned efforts to cooperate with Russia on ending the Syrian civil war and forming a common front against terrorists there, and Moscow suspended a landmark nuclear agreement.

The latter move, scuttling a deal the two countries signed in 2000 to dispose of their stocks of weapons-grade plutonium, was largely symbolic. But it provided the Kremlin with an opportunity to cite a series of what it called “unfriendly actions” toward Russia — from Ukraine-related and human rights sanctions to the deployment of NATO forces in the Baltics.

The United States, the Russian foreign ministry said in a statement, has “done all it could to destroy the atmosphere encouraging cooperation.”

Of far more immediate concern, the end of the Syria deal left the administration with no apparent diplomatic options remaining to stop the carnage in Aleppo and beyond after the collapse of a short-lived cease-fire deal negotiated last month.

The State Department announced that it was withdrawing U.S. personnel who have been meeting in Geneva over the past several weeks with Russian counterparts to plan coordinated airstrikes against al-Qaeda and Islamic State terrorists in Syria. The coordination was to start as soon as a cease-fire, begun Sept. 12, took hold and humanitarian aid began to flow to besieged communities where civilians have borne the brunt of Russian-backed President Bashar al-Assad’s response to a five-year effort to oust him.

welp

American military should worry more about the epic disasters of Afghanistan, Yemen, and Iraq anyway. Let the Russians, Syrians and Iranians worry about Syria, America has enough problems.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a question, why are some Americans so arrogant? Since the suspension to talks over Syria, I read a few articles where certain people think we should put the military option back on the table and threaten to shoot down Russian planes. It's either these fool don't give a ? about our servicemen or they think Russia will seat idly and watch while we knoch their planes out the sky when they have the ability to deny access to some of our aircrafts?
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    I have a question, why are some Americans so arrogant? Since the suspension to talks over Syria, I read a few articles where certain people think we should put the military option back on the table and threaten to shoot down Russian planes. It's either these fool don't give a ? about our servicemen or they think Russia will seat idly and watch while we knoch their planes out the sky when they have the ability to deny access to some of our aircrafts?

I dont get it. Its true that America has a better army then Russia but at the same time America underrates the ? out of the Russia army.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2016
    Options

To Obama's credit, he has resisted the fools who seem to want a fight with Russia, I hope he continues to do so. My worry is that Hillary is going to push for a no-fly zone in Syria smh....

Rumor has it that the Saudis, Turks, and American companies among others are pushing for a big oil/gas pipeline that can only be run through Syria, and Russia and Assad (with others) want the oil pipeline or resources to only be among each other. So this big Syrian war, according to several international articles I've read, is in large part about keeping Syrian oil and resources for Syrians, Iran, Russia and others vs Americans, Saudis, Israelis and others who want the oil/natural gas for themselves.

So there could be a lot of money and resources involved in this, and I believe some in America believe a war with Russia is worth those resources.

• kingblaze84
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Speaking of Russia, they have warned American officials to not attempt to strike at Syrian govt soldiers again or American planes may be shot down. This comes after rumors from Washington DC say that American officials are considering striking at Syrian govt planes and maybe even soldiers......

https://gma.yahoo.com/russia-warns-us-not-intervene-syria-threatens-shoot-181512495--abc-news-topstories.html

10/6/2016

Russia has warned the United States not to intervene militarily in Syria against forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad, threatening that it may shoot down any aircraft attempting to launch strikes.

In a bluntly worded statement, a spokesman for Russia’s defense ministry warned that Russia and the Syrian government had deployed sufficient air defenses to block any potential attacks.

It follows rumbling in Washington that the White House may be considering launching limited strikes against some Syrian regime military targets as an alternative option for moving forward in the Syrian conflict after the collapse of U.S.-Russian cease-fire negotiations.

• janklow
    Options
    There are no powerful moderate groups in Syria, the only powerful rebel groups are ISIS and Al-Qaeda sympathizers who don't favor civil rights for religious minorities and women.
    "only powerful rebel groups" != "no Syrians who aren't a) on Assad's side, b) AQ sympathizers or c) ISIS"

also going to point out that while you don't like outside meddling from the US... outside meddling is some of why there are these powerful non-moderate groups.

also...
    The "moderate" rebels are few in number, even American officials have admitted this, which is why America relied so heavily on the Kurds for a long time to take out ISIS targets. But the Kurdish groups are bombarded by ISIS and the Turks and their allies nowadays obviously, so American influence in Syria is not high.
    so are you saying Syrian Kurds are not powerful and/or not moderate?

now Syrian Kurds aren't some magical solution to The Problem That Is Syria, but hey.
    Julian Assange has hacked emails from the State Dept confirming that a huge chunk or most of the Syrian rebels had strong ties to Al-Qaeda and its allies. And yet, American weapons were still sent to these people haha....I hope Julian Assange releases his reports soon, only a matter of time.
    ? , everyone has "strong ties" to everyone else as is convenient.

actual question should really be "who were the weapons DIRECTLY sent to?" Assange will probably release more stuff since he's now trolling people to make money.

• janklow
    Options
    Let the Russians, Syrians and Iranians worry about Syria, America has enough problems.
    remind me again about your consistent objection to outside nations meddling in other nation's affairs?

• janklow
    Options
    Americans get told CONSTANTLY how much more powerful their military is than anyone else (even by people talking ? about America) and how easily out technological power can do X or Y thing. it's less arrogance and more absolute ignorance of what American military forces can do in the real world.

• kingblaze84
    Options
    There are no powerful moderate groups in Syria, the only powerful rebel groups are ISIS and Al-Qaeda sympathizers who don't favor civil rights for religious minorities and women.
    "only powerful rebel groups" != "no Syrians who aren't a) on Assad's side, b) AQ sympathizers or c) ISIS"

also going to point out that while you don't like outside meddling from the US... outside meddling is some of why there are these powerful non-moderate groups.

also...
    The "moderate" rebels are few in number, even American officials have admitted this, which is why America relied so heavily on the Kurds for a long time to take out ISIS targets. But the Kurdish groups are bombarded by ISIS and the Turks and their allies nowadays obviously, so American influence in Syria is not high.
    so are you saying Syrian Kurds are not powerful and/or not moderate?

now Syrian Kurds aren't some magical solution to The Problem That Is Syria, but hey.
    ? , everyone has "strong ties" to everyone else as is convenient.

actual question should really be "who were the weapons DIRECTLY sent to?" Assange will probably release more stuff since he's now trolling people to make money.

The Kurds in Syria definitely still have some influence but their hands are tied because of financial problems and bombardment from several sides. As far as meddling from outside groups, yeah that's happening but notice America does not have permission from Assad's govt to bomb Syria. Neither does Turkey, who is violating the sovereignty of Iraq and Syria. Assad has invited his allies to help him, as is expected. America being a busy body and risking bombing Russian troops by bombing Syria blindly is only asking for trouble. If America bombs Russian troops by accident, or if Russia shoots an American plane down, things will escalate and it's not worth it.

And who were the American weapons sent directly to? According to many reports, people many times with direct or close ties to Al-Qaeda back in 2011.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Let the Russians, Syrians and Iranians worry about Syria, America has enough problems.
    remind me again about your consistent objection to outside nations meddling in other nation's affairs?

I'd trust a unicorn over American government judgment in Syria at this point. Let other nations handle Syria, America just makes problems in that region much, much worse. People in Damascus prefer Russians and Iranians to the Americans anyway.

• janklow
    Options
    As far as meddling from outside groups, yeah that's happening but notice America does not have permission from Assad's govt to bomb Syria. Neither does Turkey, who is violating the sovereignty of Iraq and Syria. Assad has invited his allies to help him, as is expected.
    so if American has permission from Iraq, you're totally fine with that?
  • janklow
    Options
    I'd trust a unicorn over American government judgment in Syria at this point. Let other nations handle Syria, America just makes problems in that region much, much worse. People in Damascus prefer Russians and Iranians to the Americans anyway.
    completely (and mysteriously) missing the point. if your complaint is meddling in other nations' affairs, why do you only object when the US does it? if it's just about American judgement, why do you use that argument falsely?

• kingblaze84
    edited October 2016
    Options
    As far as meddling from outside groups, yeah that's happening but notice America does not have permission from Assad's govt to bomb Syria. Neither does Turkey, who is violating the sovereignty of Iraq and Syria. Assad has invited his allies to help him, as is expected.
    so if American has permission from Iraq, you're totally fine with that?

Nope, because America will only make a bad situation worse in Iraq. Shia militias are on record as saying they will attack any US soldier seen there, I'd rather Iran and others handle the giant disaster of Iraq. Once Mosul is taken away from Islamic State, the refugee problem is going to be immense and intense, and of course America will be blamed for pretty much any future problems that happen there anyway. So no, busy body American cowboys shouldn't be involved militarily in Iraq either. America creates chaos and disaster almost anywhere it goes in the region.

iraq_anniversary_photo_gallery.jpg?w=620

9780992548773.jpg
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2016
    Options
    completely (and mysteriously) missing the point. if your complaint is meddling in other nations' affairs, why do you only object when the US does it? if it's just about American judgement, why do you use that argument falsely?

Simple, because American judgment in the Middle East SUCKS. America actively funds and supports Israel's crimes against humanity in Palestine, with America being so hated in the region, it makes no sense for cowboy, war crime loving Americans to create even more enemies in Syria. Oh and by the way, Assad has not given permission for war crime loving Americans to bomb Syria. That's reason enough. Hezbollah, Iran, Russia and others can do all the ? work themselves, America has ? things up bad enough in Libya, Yemen, Iraq and Afghanistan already.

With a horrific and terrible track record such as America's in the region, I'd trust a gang of 20 guinea pigs before I trust idiot, ? American officials in ANYTHING they do in Iraq or Syria. With Hillary coming into office in a few months, I am confident she will make things much, much worse with time. So forgive me if I have an EXTREMELY low opinion of how idiot American officials handle things there.

bush-missing-wmd-found-in-iraq---16963-20081022-3.jpg#Iraq%20radiation%20babies%20454x490

130314220731-54-iraq-war-horizontal-gallery.jpg
  • janklow
    Options
    Nope, because America will only make a bad situation worse in Iraq.
    in that case, please stop using the argument that Assad has invited allies to help them as an argument for why they should/should not be in the conflict.
  • janklow
    Options
    Simple, because American judgment in the Middle East SUCKS.
    please stop dodging the point. if it's about judgment, why does it matter whether or not America is meddling in another nation, as you have stated before? if it's about the meddling, why do you ignore this from others?
    Oh and by the way, Assad has not given permission for war crime loving Americans to bomb Syria. That's reason enough.
    except that as you have just stated, you don't actually care about this as a reason.