Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    2014 was not that long ago. He did nothing the whole year and then dropped 2014 FHD in early December after announcing the release of the album only a month prior.

Yea but the precedent for these has already been set

What precedent? If a rapper drops an album at the end of the year the impact is usually felt the following year. FHD's impact was felt in 2015, Cole should've dropped a lot sooner.

The precedent was set once Kdot who dropped in pretty much Nov. won MVP that year for that album then turned around and won the following year for that same album work.... you and I might not have agreed but that set the precedent

But Kendrick dropped The Recipe in the spring which was a modest hit and Swimming Pools in the summer which was a hit. So it's not the same thing imo.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other (specify)
    This ? stay crying lol
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other (specify)
    2014 was not that long ago. He did nothing the whole year and then dropped 2014 FHD in early December after announcing the release of the album only a month prior.

Yea but the precedent for these has already been set

What precedent? If a rapper drops an album at the end of the year the impact is usually felt the following year. FHD's impact was felt in 2015, Cole should've dropped a lot sooner.

The precedent was set once Kdot who dropped in pretty much Nov. won MVP that year for that album then turned around and won the following year for that same album work.... you and I might not have agreed but that set the precedent

But Kendrick dropped The Recipe in the spring which was a modest hit and Swimming Pools in the summer which was a hit. So it's not the same thing imo.

We can do the semantics things all day but we both know he won becuz of how dope GKMC was as a body of work and how nobody else that year dropped anything of equal quality..... to try and spin it like his one smash single gives cause to put him on there even tho his album dropped just as late in the year is nitpicking... Cole as dropping the album of that year should have the same chance as MVP
  • GetoBoy
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Other (specify)
    Beta wrote: »
    This ? stay crying lol

Can't you see grown men talking??? Ain't you got sum lil kid internet fight you suppose to be setting up in another post lol.... ? tryna fight IC posters talking bout somebody else crying this can't be life smh
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Young Thug
    Thugga.

Lifestyle
    Stoner
    Danny Glover
  • robblr86
    robblr86 Members Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Future
    Super Future
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    This list is weak as ? if i'm missing anything let me know.

TI
    Logic
    Rick Ross
    Nicki Minaj
    Big Krit
    J Cole

I'm not counting J Cole and Nicki they will be on the 2015 poll. I'll do the list over and include TI, Ross, Gibbs and Krit if I get more people to cosign these 4.

I sorta understand w/ Cole but I still think he should be included. Nicki definitely should be on the list, she had 3 top ten hits in Pills n Potions,Anaconda, and Only. Two of which was were number 1 (Anaconda, and Only) and sold half a mil in her first week all of this before 2015.

If one of your reasons for putting Young Thug on the list is bcuz of "All About the Money", then the person whose song it actually was should probably make the list too.

Ross dropped 2 albums in 2014, a lot people ? wit that Gibbs album, Krit dropped Cadillactica.

Fine.

Nicki
    Gibbs
    Jeezy
    Ross
    TI
    Krit
    Logic
    Common

Quote this post and highlight the people you think should make the list.

• ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other (specify)
    This list is weak as ? if i'm missing anything let me know.

TI
    Logic
    Rick Ross
    Nicki Minaj
    Big Krit
    J Cole

I'm not counting J Cole and Nicki they will be on the 2015 poll. I'll do the list over and include TI, Ross, Gibbs and Krit if I get more people to cosign these 4.

I sorta understand w/ Cole but I still think he should be included. Nicki definitely should be on the list, she had 3 top ten hits in Pills n Potions,Anaconda, and Only. Two of which was were number 1 (Anaconda, and Only) and sold half a mil in her first week all of this before 2015.

If one of your reasons for putting Young Thug on the list is bcuz of "All About the Money", then the person whose song it actually was should probably make the list too.

Ross dropped 2 albums in 2014, a lot people ? wit that Gibbs album, Krit dropped Cadillactica.

Fine.

Nicki
    Gibbs
    Jeezy
    Ross
    TI
    Krit
    Logic
    Common

Quote this post and highlight the people you think should make the list.

Mastermind was an alright album
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other (specify)
    Be free was released in august, imo song of the year lol

Not saying he should win but at least put him as an option. All those dude mentioned dropped albums had hot singles but their buzz was not more than a month or two, just cuz cole dropped in the final month didn't mean he couldn't steal the year lol

• dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other (specify)
    Horrible list. J Cole ftw though; good album.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    I'm gonna redo the list later today.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Should anybody be taken off the list?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Nicki should win honestly , only one , truffle butter was all you heard in the later half of 2014
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the redo, I would add Childish Gambino. Because the internet came out dec. 13 and was a great album and had a huge hit with 3005
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    Other (specify)

Schoolboy and Wiz.... Bobby had a hot song but honestly for the ppl left off I'd take him off too
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These list just show how far hip hop has fallen. Trash artist from 2012-present.
  • Beta
    Options
    Other (specify)

Wiz
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah. People gonna hate based off preferences, but all the artists you listed belong in the conversation.
  • Beta
    Options
    Other (specify)
    Gibbs
    YG
    Schoolboy
    Curren$y (drive in theatre, Saturday night cartunes and 4 other mixtapes that year)
    Shmurda
    Nicki
    KRIT

You don't take mixtapes into consideration enough

Now that I think about it migos shoulda been on the list in 2013 that's when versace came out
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    ? YG, school boy, nicki,.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    This is the first year where no big name rappers actually released ? . Except for nicki and cole at the end of the year, that's wild
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    So far

Nicki
    Cole

Seems to be getting the most mentions.
  • Beta
    Options
    Other (specify)
    Freddie Gibbs ? wtf yeah I'm the only saying it but ? know....
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Freddie Gibbs ? wtf yeah I'm the only saying it but ? know....

I need more Gibbs mentions though.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gibbs gibbs gibbs
This discussion has been closed.