Did she just ask him to apologize for a ? he was acquitted for?

Options

Comments

• semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Westie wrote: »
    ? out of here
    U don't give ppl an opportunity to apologize for some ? they said they didn't do
    If u did that in real life it would be a ? problem
    These folks got y'all all twisted and confused

Find the word apologize in my post.

Don't try to play word games or do mental gymnastics with me fam

Why the ? should he feel empathy for someone who (in his eyes) tried to ruin his life?
    Why should he take the opportunity to be remorseful for some shot that you all imagined?
    Also, the fact that u hold unrepentant convicted lunatic Charles Manson in higher regard than this dude shows how easily manipulated the population is
    ? out of here
    U don't give ppl an opportunity to apologize for some ? they said they didn't do

Hold up though, I get him not wanting to apologize due to the legalities and maybe he feels like he wasn't wrong in the treatment of this woman, but why is he implying regret here?
    I’m trying to absorb a lot of information. I watched The Hunting Ground. I read Roxane ? ’s open letter, I read Maiysha Kai’s open letter, I read Demetria D’Oyley. Just to really…what do I need to learn about the situation? If I’m really down…if I’m really serious about changing my attitude, if I’m really serious that those comments are wrong, then what do I need to be feeling? And how do I get to that place that there’s an assault against women?

So I sat my daughter down and I talked about this specific situation, it wasn’t the first time because when she became a certain age I talked about it to her anyway. But I said you know, I gotta look at the situation as an opportunity to grow and become more empathetic and more sensitive to issues to that are outside of my everyday, and I don’t want to send you to college and say, “Be careful and watch out.” I said that, for one, when you’re in a relationship with someone you have to be in control of that relationship and you have to be as open as you can about everything, straight up, out the gate. We have a very unique relationship because I don’t ever want her to feel like she can’t come to me, so I allow her to talk to me about everything, which is hard. Being a woman in 2016 if very different, imagine being a woman 20 years ago, and when we talk about consent, maybe 20 years from now we’ll know things about consent and examine it from a different perspective than we are now.

I’ll say this, this whole situation I’m approaching from a standpoint of humility. I’m sorry for all the women who are survivors who felt hurt by my words because they were insensitive and they were nonchalant.

EBONY.com: I think the thing that could have perhaps handled this differently is if you came off more contrite from the jump. Like you said, if you had more empathy from the beginning, or if it wasn’t as self-focused…

Nate Parker: But you know what, I was…

EBONY.com: So why did you give those two interviews first? Because I feel like I had read some articles [about the ? case], but it wasn’t like this thing, until…

Nate Parker: This is hard; I’ve been trying to figure out how to say this. Not everyone has the best intentions. I thought I was giving the interview, at the time of those two interviews–and one really just bit off the other–I didn’t know the status of the women. I didn’t know. I was acting as if I was the victim, and that’s wrong. I was acting as if I was the victim because I felt like, my only thought was I’m innocent and everyone needs to know. I didn’t even think for a second about her, not even for a second.

You asked me why I wasn’t empathetic? Why didn’t it come off more empathetic? Because I wasn’t being empathetic. Why didn’t it come off more contrite? Because I wasn’t being contrite. Maybe I was being even arrogant. And learning about her passing shook me, it really did. It really shook me.

http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-culture/nate-parker-? -charges-consent#axzz4MIp1FCt3

So now he forgot he was empathetic???

Yaaaaawwwwnnn

I always knew that ? Vibe article pandering to liberal whts, and blk feminist was gonna come back to bite Nate in the ass.Trying to empathise WILL NEVER WORK, WHEN THE OUTRAGE IS FAKE.

Y'all tried to pull the same FAKE OUTRAGE, on Micheal B Jordan just last year.
    The only difference is, Micheal B. didn't have ? charges looming over him..
    From 1999...
    Where was this outrage when "Beyond The Lights Came Out???", The fake victim killed herself in 2012, Y'all rushed to see "Beyond The Lights" in 2014...

What i find funny is, y'all always fail to bring up the fact that, the fake victim falsely accused her own sister,
    and her brother-in-law of kidnapping...
    the fake victim was arrested, and put in rehab. after the fake victim came out of rehab, her family wasn't ? with her like that, so she killed herself

Thanks cuz i was wondering what happened in her life that caused her to commit suicide in 2012 and not in like 00 or 01
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Im sorry if that offended you, Queen. And Im sorry that insult offended you more than a so called black reporter acting as a white supremacist mouthpiece did.

She didn't act as a white supremacist anything. What she did was present him with an opportunity. She asked him to speak to those people who are struggling with the idea of supporting his film because of what they perceive as a lack of empathy on his part.

What does he need to feel empathy for?

He was falsely accused of ? ........along with his roommate..........and both of them were acquitted in a court of law.

Considering those circumstances, he's shown tremendous restraint.

In my opinion, he should be commended for not losing his composure because most people would have a difficult time being sympathetic to someone who falsely accused them of ? .
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    This thread shows the difference between men and women. Logic vs y'all females arguing with emotion. If he is innocent and felt that he was lied on no need to show any empathy
    exactly. how do you argue sound logical points with "I can't stand to see his face for 2 hours?" Lmao, dead...

@obnoxiouslyfresh and @Westie probably saw nothing wrong with OJ having to pay millions in Civil Court for "wrongful death" of that dead Coke ? , (trashy insult) Nicole despite being acquitted of murder

Seriously, I'd like to know how ? are acting like I villainize all black men?? That's actually extremely insulting.
  • Westie
    Options
    ? out of here

Why the ? should he feel empathy for someone who (in his eyes) tried to ruin his life?
    Why should he take the opportunity to be remorseful for some shot that you all imagined?
    Also, the fact that u hold unrepentant convicted lunatic Charles Manson in higher regard than this dude shows how easily manipulated the population is
    ? out of here

Hold up though, I get him not wanting to apologize due to the legalities and maybe he feels like he wasn't wrong in the treatment of this woman, but why is he implying regret here?
    I’m trying to absorb a lot of information. I watched The Hunting Ground. I read Roxane ? ’s open letter, I read Maiysha Kai’s open letter, I read Demetria D’Oyley. Just to really…what do I need to learn about the situation? If I’m really down…if I’m really serious about changing my attitude, if I’m really serious that those comments are wrong, then what do I need to be feeling? And how do I get to that place that there’s an assault against women?

So I sat my daughter down and I talked about this specific situation, it wasn’t the first time because when she became a certain age I talked about it to her anyway. But I said you know, I gotta look at the situation as an opportunity to grow and become more empathetic and more sensitive to issues to that are outside of my everyday, and I don’t want to send you to college and say, “Be careful and watch out.” I said that, for one, when you’re in a relationship with someone you have to be in control of that relationship and you have to be as open as you can about everything, straight up, out the gate. We have a very unique relationship because I don’t ever want her to feel like she can’t come to me, so I allow her to talk to me about everything, which is hard. Being a woman in 2016 if very different, imagine being a woman 20 years ago, and when we talk about consent, maybe 20 years from now we’ll know things about consent and examine it from a different perspective than we are now.

I’ll say this, this whole situation I’m approaching from a standpoint of humility. I’m sorry for all the women who are survivors who felt hurt by my words because they were insensitive and they were nonchalant.

EBONY.com: I think the thing that could have perhaps handled this differently is if you came off more contrite from the jump. Like you said, if you had more empathy from the beginning, or if it wasn’t as self-focused…

EBONY.com: So why did you give those two interviews first? Because I feel like I had read some articles [about the ? case], but it wasn’t like this thing, until…

Nate Parker: This is hard; I’ve been trying to figure out how to say this. Not everyone has the best intentions. I thought I was giving the interview, at the time of those two interviews–and one really just bit off the other–I didn’t know the status of the women. I didn’t know. I was acting as if I was the victim, and that’s wrong. I was acting as if I was the victim because I felt like, my only thought was I’m innocent and everyone needs to know. I didn’t even think for a second about her, not even for a second.

You asked me why I wasn’t empathetic? Why didn’t it come off more empathetic? Because I wasn’t being empathetic. Why didn’t it come off more contrite? Because I wasn’t being contrite. Maybe I was being even arrogant. And learning about her passing shook me, it really did. It really shook me.

http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-culture/nate-parker-? -charges-consent#axzz4MIp1FCt3

Yaaaaawwwwnnn

I always knew that ? Vibe article pandering to liberal whts, and blk feminist was gonna come back to bite Nate in the ass.Trying to empathise WILL NEVER WORK, WHEN THE OUTRAGE IS FAKE.

From 1999...
    Where was this outrage when "Beyond The Lights Came Out???", The fake victim killed herself in 2012, Y'all rushed to see "Beyond The Lights" in 2014...

What i find funny is, y'all always fail to bring up the fact that, the fake victim falsely accused her own sister,
    the fake victim was arrested, and put in rehab. after the fake victim came out of rehab, her family wasn't ? with her like that, so she killed herself.

Don't "yall " me. I don't even know wtf you're talking about with Michael b Jordan.

I'm not outraged in the LEAST BIT. I'm sick of you ? putting words in my ? mouth.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    Im sorry if that offended you, Queen. And Im sorry that insult offended you more than a so called black reporter acting as a white supremacist mouthpiece did.

She didn't act as a white supremacist anything. What she did was present him with an opportunity. She asked him to speak to those people who are struggling with the idea of supporting his film because of what they perceive as a lack of empathy on his part.

What does he need to feel empathy for?

He was falsely accused of ? ........along with his roommate..........and both of them were acquitted in a court of law.

Considering those circumstances, he's shown tremendous restraint.

In my opinion, he should be commended for not losing his composure because most people would have a difficult time being sympathetic to someone who falsely accused them of ? .

Isn't this the same mule face ? that made Breezy throw a chair through a window??

I digress
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't want this to be a gender issue or an opportunity to bash black women specifically
    Many black women are going to support the movie and don't feel the need to bash Nate
    OB already said she gonna support the flick but just don't like dude face
    @westie just hate black men

Yo how's your nubian value having white queen doing?

I think between you, nate parker, and I, only one of us dates black people so....

@Brother_Five

Go ? yourself, sir
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Their is a difference between ? and being taken advantage of this white ? got taken advantage of

Although I have a similar train of thought, I wouldn't go that far.

Now, there definitely is a difference between being taken advantage of........and being forced to do something against your will.

However, just because someone was taken advantage of.......it doesn't necessarily mean that they did something against their will.

They might have done something they regret and/or wish they hadn't done........but that's not the equivalent of ? .

Some of these false accusations don't seem to necessarily be women trying to be malicious, but......in their mind........they actually believe that they were ? just because they regret having sex with someone.

Whether it's because they were ? /under the influence or because they realize that they used bad judgment and made a mistake.

As much as these feminists want to teach men about ? culture, they also need to tell some of these women to stop confusing ? with regretful sexual encounters.

They're not necessarily one in the same.

A regretful sexual encounter is only ? if it was done against your will.

Otherwise, they're 2 different situations.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ? out of here

? out of here

Yaaaaawwwwnnn

From 1999...

the fake victim was arrested, and put in rehab. after the fake victim came out of rehab, her family wasn't ? with her like that, so she killed herself.

Don't "yall " me. I don't even know wtf you're talking about with Michael b Jordan.

I'm not outraged in the LEAST BIT. I'm sick of you ? putting words in my ? mouth.

? plzzz. U and your fem-ah-? cohorts were trying to tear down micheal b last year, when creed was dropping.
    "we're not gonna support him with our coins" :'(
    "He called us female, that word... it's deragatory " :'(
    "He don't respect blk women" :'(
    "He's a misogynoir" :'(
    Don't let me get started on Straight Outta Compton...

Wouldn't be surprised, if next year y'all pull this b.s on the blk panther movie...

And Ppl like @obnoxiouslyfresh could stay her ass home, or donate that money to Trump's campaign Cause, if ppl like her had their way, they'd be no Nat Turner movie.

• Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just because he was acquitted doesn't mean he was completely blameless for the way that he acted.
    An unknown (at the time) black man being acquitted of ? a white women in America?

I can only conclude that the evidence against him must have been extremely flimsy...

Hero-Charles-Ramsey-Dead-Giveaway-Reaction-Gif.gif

No, you got me wrong. I'm not saying that he should have been convicted, or that he ? her. But even if he committed no crime, he may still deserve some blame. For what exactly? For inviting his friends (one of whom accepted the invitation) to have sex with her when she was out of it.
  • Westie
    Options
    ? out of here

? out of here

Yaaaaawwwwnnn

From 1999...

? plzzz. U and your fem-ah-? cohorts were trying to tear down micheal b last year, when creed was dropping.

Wouldn't be surprised, if next year y'all pull this b.s on the blk panther movie...

And Ppl like @obnoxiouslyfresh could stay her ass home, or donate that money to Trump's campaign Cause, if ppl like her had their way, they'd be no Nat Turner movie.

#1 I'M NOT A ? FEMINIST.
    #2 I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE ? YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. Quote what *I* SAID.
    #3 if you have a ? problem with something I said, quote what the ? I said. don't drag whatever the ? you think I said based off what somebody else said into this conversation thanks.
  • Westie
    Options
    ? out of here

? out of here

Yaaaaawwwwnnn

From 1999...

***The correct phrase is "he's a misogynist"
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alot of tap dancing going on
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    This thread shows the difference between men and women. Logic vs y'all females arguing with emotion. If he is innocent and felt that he was lied on no need to show any empathy
    exactly. how do you argue sound logical points with "I can't stand to see his face for 2 hours?" Lmao, dead...

@obnoxiouslyfresh and @Westie probably saw nothing wrong with OJ having to pay millions in Civil Court for "wrongful death" of that dead Coke ? , (trashy insult) Nicole despite being acquitted of murder

Seriously, I'd like to know how ? are acting like I villainize all black men?? That's actually extremely insulting.
    I meant no disrespect I'm just saying I don't see how there's any room for hard feelings towards this man.. @Down just posted the receipts, that should change your tune a bit, yes?.. Nate has been the scapegoat and Im confused as to how yall 2 black women see it any other way
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Okay.. So I Read the transcript... Home girl was a freshman... Got ? with the black athletes on campus (underage drinking might I add). Had a threesome/train and woke up and felt like a ? so cried ? ..

Lost the criminal case... Years later When she found out this black man was thriving in a world she tried to ruin for him. She couldn't take it and committed that..

Now he has a movie out that he put together by himself about a freedom fighter and people are trying to deflect from that and bring up a case in which he was found innocent. All while indirectly trying to blame him for the girls suicide...

Am I interpreting this right?..

Oh.. Okay..

Correct.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    Didn't know it was Robin Roberts.

Never seen her act like a ? before.

Disappointed in her.

I was shocked/disappointed too. Damn, 2016 is wild.
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    He got a daughter in college?

He has five daughters

Wait, how old is this ?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thereal_ba wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    He got a daughter in college?

He has five daughters

Wait, how old is this ?

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S/N Lena Dunham molested her sister, that ? under the rug tho.