Brooklyn DA Ken Thompson who allowed Peter Liang to walk dies at 50 after battle with cancer

Options

Comments

• BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    He got my nephew arrested and put his name and address in the paper and on his site. He tried to get a win off him by making it seem like a conspiracy with others that were arrested in the vicinity.
    @Jabu_Rule
    link to the story
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cybertr0n wrote: »
    He got my nephew arrested and put his name and address in the paper and on his site. He tried to get a win off him by making it seem like a conspiracy with others that were arrested in the vicinity.
    @Jabu_Rule
    link to the story

I'm not putting my nephew info out there anymore then it has to be. I'll PM you.
  • BedStuy
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @Jabu_Rule
    Ok, I read it and tried to analyze. Is this case still pending? I understand your nephew being around the vicinity but what about the guys that actually did the crime? I'm reading it and it says that they were investigating for months and caught them red handed with hard concrete evidence. How is Ken Thompson trying to show how tough he was if people in the area are complaining about alleged criminals selling? They wanted him to do something. Was he not trying to clean his own backyard with the anti-drug initiative in Clinton Hill? Also, what does this particular case have to do with gentrification? I'm having a hard time seeing the connection.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Yo, ? is cold fam. How y'all gonna reduce Ken Thompson for the Peter Liang situation when he's fought for other things that's respectable?

Every other good deed he might have done went out the window when he made the conscience decision to send a cold blooded convicted killer home instead of to prison. ? Ken Thompson and I hope his uncle tom ass burns for all eternity.
    might've done :smirk:
    Abner Louima?
    Emmett Till?
    fighting for the rights for people that are wrongfully profiled...

His good deeds in public service far out weighs his bad. Y'all hypocritical keyboard warriors are too quick to call people ? that y'all not even aware of your false sense of worth.

carry on fam :smirk:

the so called "good deeds" make his treachery even worse. he knew how ? up the system was and he still made the conscience decision to allow a CONVICTED killer to go home. he knew first hand from the luima case just how blood thirsty, sadistic and depraved the nypd is and after winning a conviction he choose to not render punishment to a cold blooded murderer. he knew better and chose to not do better so ? him and everything he stood for. burn in hell ? .
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @Jabu_Rule
    Ok, I read it and tried to analyze. Is this case still pending? I understand your nephew being around the vicinity but what about the guys that actually did the crime? I'm reading it and it says that they were investigating for months and caught them red handed with hard concrete evidence. How is Ken Thompson trying to show how tough he was if people in the area are complaining about alleged criminals selling? They wanted him to do something. Was he not trying to clean his own backyard with the anti-drug initiative in Clinton Hill? Also, what does this particular case have to do with gentrification? I'm having a hard time seeing the connection.

It's ongoing, but he's being convicted in the court of public opinion with his info posted in public like that. Other news sources picked up on it and reposted that info to his families address and they had nothing to do with his supposed crimes. My point is that he was targeting blacks and went for the lowest hanging fruit to appease these crackers then tried to concoct a conspiracy. I know for a fact that people that was hustling for a long time in the same area didn't get caught up.
  • BedStuy
    Options
    Yo, ? is cold fam. How y'all gonna reduce Ken Thompson for the Peter Liang situation when he's fought for other things that's respectable?

Every other good deed he might have done went out the window when he made the conscience decision to send a cold blooded convicted killer home instead of to prison. ? Ken Thompson and I hope his uncle tom ass burns for all eternity.
    Abner Louima?
    Emmett Till?

His good deeds in public service far out weighs his bad. Y'all hypocritical keyboard warriors are too quick to call people ? that y'all not even aware of your false sense of worth.

the so called "good deeds" make his treachery even worse. he knew how ? up the system was and he still made the conscience decision to allow a CONVICTED killer to go home. he knew first hand from the luima case just how blood thirsty, sadistic and depraved the nypd is and after winning a conviction he choose to not render punishment to a cold blooded murderer. he knew better and chose to not do better so ? him and everything he stood for. burn in hell ? .
    A system so ? up that he helped 21 convicted people go free for minor offences. :smirk:
    Didn't most of y'all complain about Stop & Frisk? Did he not speak up for those being wrongfully profiled?

:lol: @ Ken Thompson only knowing how corrupt the cops are till the Louima case.
    Dude helped convict the police officer for brutality and sent him to prison for 30 years. Trying to connect that case with Gurley's is flawed.

Gurley's case is a little complicated and was probably difficult for Ken Thompson to suggest a prosecution for so many years because he truly felt it was an accident instead of intent to shoot and ? . I don't agree with the sentencing but it was the judge that made the final decision.
  • BedStuy
    Options
    @Jabu_Rule
    It's ongoing, but he's being convicted in the court of public opinion with his info posted in public like that. Other news sources picked up on it and reposted that info to his families address and they had nothing to do with his supposed crimes. My point is that he was targeting blacks and went for the lowest hanging fruit to appease these crackers then tried to concoct a conspiracy. I know for a fact that people that was hustling for a long time in the same area didn't get caught up.
    People info get posted all the time if they allegedly did the crime. How is he targeting if he's responding to the community outrage? Do you know for sure that the people in the community that are complaining were only white? I'm not too far from you and when i see people complaining about the guns and drugs in our community i see black and white in these meetings, mostly black. They supposedly have 8 months of evidence. The guys that got caught were hustlin in near areas that were eventually gonna get them exposed.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? em in the ear
  • skpjr78
    edited October 2016
    Options

Abner Louima?
    Emmett Till?

A system so ? up that he helped 21 convicted people go free for minor offences. :smirk:
    Didn't most of y'all complain about Stop & Frisk? Did he not speak up for those being wrongfully profiled?

:lol: @ Ken Thompson only knowing how corrupt the cops are till the Louima case.
    Dude helped convict the police officer for brutality and sent him to prison for 30 years. Trying to connect that case with Gurley's is flawed.

Gurley's case is a little complicated and was probably difficult for Ken Thompson to suggest a prosecution for so many years because he truly felt it was an accident instead of intent to shoot and ? . I don't agree with the sentencing but it was the judge that made the final decision.

you cant be serious lmfao!!! you idiot apologizing ass toms are a disgrace smffh. ? ken thompson.

Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Danny Chun largely followed the no-jail recommendation of Brooklyn District Attorney Ken Thompson in sentencing ex-Officer Peter Liang to five years probation and 800 hours of community service for the death of Akai Gurley.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/19/nypd-cop-peter-liang-gets-community-service-for-killing-akai-gurley/
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, ? got some sincere hate for this man's lol
  • skpjr78
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    Damn, ? got some sincere hate for this man's lol

he denied justice to a murdered man's family and allowed a CONVICTED killer to avoid jail time. how do you expect us to feel about him?
  • BedStuy
    Options

Abner Louima?
    Emmett Till?

you cant be serious lmfao!!! you idiot apologizing ass toms are a disgrace smffh. ? ken thompson.

Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Danny Chun largely followed the no-jail recommendation of Brooklyn District Attorney Ken Thompson in sentencing ex-Officer Peter Liang to five years probation and 800 hours of community service for the death of Akai Gurley.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/19/nypd-cop-peter-liang-gets-community-service-for-killing-akai-gurley/

Lol, yes I know this man that's why I said suggest. You highlighted nothing of significance. The judge still made the final decision
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options

Muthafucka, seriously need to be ashamed of yourself. You're out here being an apologist for a straight up Uncle Tom. Please explain this ? boy ? .

? Ass King County D.A. Ken Uncle Thompson is Allowing Others to Harm Black People Again

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/550541/? -ass-king-county-d-a-ken-uncle-thompson-is-allowing-others-to-harm-black-people-again

EXCLUSIVE: Jewish security patrol trio accused of beating ? black man likely to avoid prison
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/trio-accused-beating-? -black-man-avoid-prison-article-

BY
    GRAHAM RAYMAN
    HELLA WINSTON
    REUVEN BLAU
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 4:00 AM

The three Orthodox Jewish men accused of brutally beating a ? black man and leaving him partially blind will likely not serve prison time under an expected plea deal, the Daily News has learned.

The case largely crumbled once at least two witnesses to the December 2013 beatdown changed their version of events after initially implicating the members of the Shomrim volunteer Jewish security patrol, sources said.

Also, surveillance video from the Williamsburg, Brooklyn, scene is limited, people familiar with the case told The News.

Taj Patterson, 25, was walking down Flushing Ave. in Williamsburg in December 2013 when he was set upon by a gang of men shouting anti-? slurs, prosecutors said. Patterson suffered severe injuries including a broken eye socket and a torn retina that has left him permanently blind in one eye.

Patterson's lawyer charged members of the insular Hasidic community pressed the witnesses to recant.

"The Shomrim claim they are committed to justice, yet they shut down witnesses with an efficiency the mafia would envy," said Patterson's lawyer, Andrew Stoll. "They banish and shun any member of their community who dares to come forward."

The three defendants are Abraham Winkler, 40, Mayer Herskovic, 22, and Pinchas Braver, 20.

Two of the accused men will accept a misdemeanor charge while the other will admit to a felony offense at their next court date, sources said. None will face jail time under the agreement negotiated by prosecutors for Brooklyn District Attorney Ken Thompson, according to sources.

The DA's office declined to comment on the plea negotiations. The men's lawyers did not reply to requests seeking comment.

tumblr_n4jkhvKHfc1qgb91fo1_500.jpg
    The 25-year-old was attacked by a gang of men shouting anti-? slurs, according to prosecutors.
    On Monday, the case was adjourned for the 14th time, court records show.

Initially, five men were arrested for their alleged role in the early morning attack on Dec. 1, 2013.

"It was a very serious crime with incredibly serious injuries caused to the victim," Police Commissioner Bill Bratton told reporters at the time.

But prosecutors dropped charges against one of the alleged assailants, Joseph Fried, 27, last December. That came after a second defendant, Aharon Hollender, 29, also had his case dismissed last March.

The case was almost closed from the outset due to pressure from the Orthodox community, the News reported earlier this month.

Cops from the 90th Precinct initially classified the attack as a misdemeanor and inexplicably marked the complaint "closed" despite several witnesses.

It only got reopened after the Patterson's mother vociferously complained and got media coverage on the case.

Police maintain the case was brought back to life after a crime analyst noticed it was prematurely closed.

As for the planned plea deal, one community activist predicted it would have damaging consequences.

"The fact that no one is going to get jail time because of this is alarming," said activist Tony Herbert. "It will have serious ramifications throughout the community, particularly the African-American community."

I agree that the Peter Liang decision was a mistake.

But the idea that this erases all the other good that he has done is just stupid, perhaps even evil.

The people saying this ? are the ? of the earth.

Muthafuckas are actually throwin' on a cape and havin' it on hella tight for a ? made Tommin' muthafucka who literally used "his," own people for political gain. The cold part about is this muthafucka knew when he agreed to this fuckery that he was on his death bed, so he ain't had ? to lose. For all the supposed "good," he did was negated when he allowed other people from other communities to harm us with impunity. I defy you to find me another case in Kings County where somebody got stomped the ? out and they perpetrator walked away with ? probation.
  • BedStuy
    Options

Muthafucka, seriously need to be ashamed of yourself. You're out here being an apologist for a straight up Uncle Tom. Please explain this ? boy ? .

? Ass King County D.A. Ken Uncle Thompson is Allowing Others to Harm Black People Again

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/550541/? -ass-king-county-d-a-ken-uncle-thompson-is-allowing-others-to-harm-black-people-again

EXCLUSIVE: Jewish security patrol trio accused of beating ? black man likely to avoid prison
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/trio-accused-beating-? -black-man-avoid-prison-article-

BY
    GRAHAM RAYMAN
    HELLA WINSTON
    REUVEN BLAU
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

The three Orthodox Jewish men accused of brutally beating a ? black man and leaving him partially blind will likely not serve prison time under an expected plea deal, the Daily News has learned.

The case largely crumbled once at least two witnesses to the December 2013 beatdown changed their version of events after initially implicating the members of the Shomrim volunteer Jewish security patrol, sources said.

Also, surveillance video from the Williamsburg, Brooklyn, scene is limited, people familiar with the case told The News.

Taj Patterson, 25, was walking down Flushing Ave. in Williamsburg in December 2013 when he was set upon by a gang of men shouting anti-? slurs, prosecutors said. Patterson suffered severe injuries including a broken eye socket and a torn retina that has left him permanently blind in one eye.

Patterson's lawyer charged members of the insular Hasidic community pressed the witnesses to recant.

"The Shomrim claim they are committed to justice, yet they shut down witnesses with an efficiency the mafia would envy," said Patterson's lawyer, Andrew Stoll. "They banish and shun any member of their community who dares to come forward."

The three defendants are Abraham Winkler, 40, Mayer Herskovic, 22, and Pinchas Braver, 20.

Two of the accused men will accept a misdemeanor charge while the other will admit to a felony offense at their next court date, sources said. None will face jail time under the agreement negotiated by prosecutors for Brooklyn District Attorney Ken Thompson, according to sources.

The DA's office declined to comment on the plea negotiations. The men's lawyers did not reply to requests seeking comment.

The 25-year-old was attacked by a gang of men shouting anti-? slurs, according to prosecutors.

Initially, five men were arrested for their alleged role in the early morning attack on Dec. 1, 2013.

"It was a very serious crime with incredibly serious injuries caused to the victim," Police Commissioner Bill Bratton told reporters at the time.

But prosecutors dropped charges against one of the alleged assailants, Joseph Fried, 27, last December. That came after a second defendant, Aharon Hollender, 29, also had his case dismissed last March.

The case was almost closed from the outset due to pressure from the Orthodox community, the News reported earlier this month.

Cops from the 90th Precinct initially classified the attack as a misdemeanor and inexplicably marked the complaint "closed" despite several witnesses.

It only got reopened after the Patterson's mother vociferously complained and got media coverage on the case.

Police maintain the case was brought back to life after a crime analyst noticed it was prematurely closed.

As for the planned plea deal, one community activist predicted it would have damaging consequences.

"The fact that no one is going to get jail time because of this is alarming," said activist Tony Herbert. "It will have serious ramifications throughout the community, particularly the African-American community."
    :smirk:
    http://gothamist.com/2016/09/24/hasidic_man_gang_assault.php
    "Today’s verdict is a testament to our determination to fully prosecute this case based on the evidence, which clearly connected this defendant to the crime. I hope that this outcome will bring a measure of comfort to Mr. Patterson and his family,” District Attorney Ken Thompson said in a press release announcing the verdict.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

BY
    GRAHAM RAYMAN
    HELLA WINSTON
    REUVEN BLAU
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

"Today’s verdict is a testament to our determination to fully prosecute this case based on the evidence, which clearly connected this defendant to the crime. I hope that this outcome will bring a measure of comfort to Mr. Patterson and his family,” District Attorney Ken Thompson said in a press release announcing the verdict.
    This doesn't rely mean ? bx as stated, Liang was also found guilty and we see how much time he did

And they didn't fully prosecute the case as of the 5 defendants (with over 20 ppl involved), only one went all the way thru trial
  • skpjr78
    edited October 2016
    Options

BY
    GRAHAM RAYMAN
    HELLA WINSTON
    REUVEN BLAU
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

And you got negores out here apologizing for this ? . How do you think thos ? would have turned out if the situation was reversed? Wtf do you think would've happened if a group black guys in fort green or bushwick had jumped on an orthodox jew, beat him down and left him partially blind in one eye? Do you think there would be any chance being labeled as a misdemeanor, the case being closed early or ending in a plea bargain with no jail time??? Do you think the DA or anyone in his office would be able to survive after publicly stating they reached their decision b/c of pressure from the black community??? Wtf do you think wouldve happen if a black rookie cop had been CONVICTED of killing an innocent unarmed asain man in the middle of china town? Do you think the prosecuting DA would have recommended probation for a crime that carries a maximum 15 year sentence??? Do you honestly believe these hypothetical situations would have turned out the same way. Do you honestly believe you could find a jewish or chinese person who would apologize for that ? ???? Wtf is wrong with you self hating, coward ass negroes??? ? yourself ? . We can bury you will Ken Thompson that way we can ? on both of your graves at the same time. ? all you ? ass toms.
  • BedStuy
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »

BY
    GRAHAM RAYMAN
    HELLA WINSTON
    REUVEN BLAU
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

This doesn't rely mean ? bx as stated, Liang was also found guilty and we see how much time he did

And they didn't fully prosecute the case as of the 5 defendants (with over 20 ppl involved), only one went all the way thru trial

That case as i stated is different and a little bit complex man. I said I didn't agree with the sentencing of Peter liang.

They still got the main guy. It's not perfect but that gotta count for something

Anyway Ken doesn't deserve that much hate. He's done a lot of good for the community. People want to focus on his failures and I think that's a little unfair.
  • skpjr78
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »

BY
    GRAHAM RAYMAN
    HELLA WINSTON
    REUVEN BLAU
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

That case as i stated is different and a little bit complex man. I said I didn't agree with the sentencing of Peter liang.

They still got the main guy. It's not perfect but that gotta count for something

Anyway Ken doesn't deserve that much hate. He's done a lot of good for the community. People want to focus on his failures and I think that's a little unfair.

? Ken Thompson, Loretta Lynch and all of their sell out uncle tom ass apologist. ? him and ? you.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Abner Louima?
    Emmett Till?

Feelings. The world is a what have you done for me lately place. And the last thing that ? ? will be remembered for is letting a killer cop walk free. ? that ? .
  • BedStuy
    edited October 2016
    Options

BY
    GRAHAM RAYMAN
    HELLA WINSTON
    REUVEN BLAU
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

And you got negores out here apologizing for this ? . How do you think thos ? would have turned out if the situation was reversed? Wtf do you think would've happened if a group black guys in fort green or bushwick had jumped on an orthodox jew, beat him down and left him partially blind in one eye? Do you think there would be any chance being labeled as a misdemeanor, the case being closed early or ending in a plea bargain with no jail time??? Do you think the DA or anyone in his office would be able to survive after publicly stating they reached their decision b/c of pressure from the black community??? Wtf do you think wouldve happen if a black rookie cop had been CONVICTED of killing an innocent unarmed asain man in the middle of china town? Do you think the prosecuting DA would have recommended probation for a crime that carries a maximum 15 year sentence??? Do you honestly believe these hypothetical situations would have turned out the same way. Do you honestly believe you could find a jewish or chinese person who would apologize for that ? ???? Wtf is wrong with you self hating, coward ass negroes??? ? yourself ? . We can bury you will Ken Thompson that way we can ? on both of your graves at the same time. ? all you ? ass toms.
    ? Ken Thompson, Loretta Lynch and all of their sell out uncle tom ass apologist. ? him and ? you.

:lol:
    Really? this is too easy for me to dissect but I'm tired man. Continue your unjustifiable narrow minded hate :smirk:
  • BedStuy
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The world is a what have you done for me lately place. And the last thing that ? ? will be remembered for is letting a killer cop walk free. ? that ? .
    Alrighty then. :/
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First time in awhile I wasn't upset at a man dying before his time

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Abner Louima?
    Emmett Till?

Feelings. The world is a what have you done for me lately place. And the last thing that ? ? will be remembered for is letting a killer cop walk free. ? that ? .

Yea he set is own legacy with that one. He had cancer so he knew he was gonna die possibly even when. Of all the supposed good works of his one of his most high profile cases he decided to let a ? go for killing a brother especially with a whole organization on the west coast' main defense of said ? was that cacs ? ? all the time why yall trippin that an asian does it.
    This ? is on him