Chappelle: "Key & Peele's Been Doing My Show For The Last 5 F-cking Years"

Options
2»

Comments

• wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ Link to the interviews he said that in. Interested in checking it out.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    See... This is what I hate about Chappelle's legacy with that show: he originally dipped because "no one helped him" and a "lighting guy laughed at him for the wrong reasons, which made him question everything." During the third season. He didn't question ? before with that ? Clayton Bigsby skit where he made "? " more popular than rap music?

He dipped because he was given/earned a multimillion dollar empire with free reign to run it, and this isn't me talking out of my ass but paraphrasing the man, and they didn't give him help to run it.

? : Hire a business tutor. Use Google. ASK somebody. ASK ? Russell Simmons how to run some ? . To make it sound like he was on some isolated island with no way to get help has always been ludicrous.

Then he finally comes back and admits, "I wouldn't have left if I had it all to do over" and I think that was on Letterman where he said that. So, after all this time, let's keep it 100: he made stupid loot off the DVD 50/50 split with Comedy Central, got sick of people saying his catchphrases and fame, figured that was enough money, and fled the scene. He was DeNiro in Heat if he didn't turn back being interviewed years after retirement reflecting on his one regret. I have never regretted the right decision. I have regretted decisions I finessed people into thinking was the right one.

There's no evil Jewish conspiracy. He had control over his ? , cited what is essentially "I had too much control," left, and then admitted he ? up years later. That's not some big moment of integrity or getting ? . I love his stand up, but the minute he said out of his own mouth, "I ? up" it negated all that I quit for higher purpose ? .

giphy.gif

Been saying this ? for years. Wasn't no integrity bs, he just cracked under pressure.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    So play the white man's game and be the wealthiest comedian in the world or don't and be at smaller venues rocking Ray Romano button ups

Crazy

That applies to every industry unfortunately. Not just show biz.

Sadly I know

This ? work at a warehouse
  • jmol
    jmol Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Options
    Yea Dave chapelle integrity act was just not well played. He had the juice and couldn't even hold the ? cup smh
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Broddie ...U hit the nail on the head fam. Was looking at a Baba Gregory Interview and he was talking about how Kaepernicks agent is the brother of Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel. Said entourage is based on his life or something along those lines. Muhfucka is a SUPER agent lol. I'm Not an entourage fan. Anyway, he went on to say it's like 6 or 7 studios that RUN the entertainment industry / Hollywood and u guessed it, ALL of em R headed by Jews. Even little local network's roll up to the food chain. Look at the credits when a show ends. A Viacom or Warner Brothers, New Line Cinema, Miramax, CBS, FOX u get the picture. It's a Spiderweb. All thoroughfares are connected! Won't say he necessarily burned his bridges tho. Had an old manager who worked with Teddy Riley who said " U only get blackballed when u ? the $ up.". Well, Chappelle didn't even take the $. They ? he stood up, that's all. This was a Roots show right? When u blackballed u ain't getting ? with period! Don'tthey play on Jimmy Fallon? And Fallon is on what Network? NBC! Roots know Chaopelle is good $ or they woulda been In jeopardy just by ? with him. Them Zionist Jews will come around tho. $ is their ? and Chappelle is still a draw/ cash cow. He'll be back. He was on The Actors Studio and said his Pops told em: Always name ya price. And when it gets too expensive, cash out. I liked that and see it as saying never sell ya soul for fame and he didn't. That's Y he's respected so much by those that unfortunately sold theirs.
  • rickmogul
    Options
    @wilberdmillz .. I feel u. But what me and Broddie R trying to convey is this. He still gotta get that green light from that 7 headed dragon / Zionist studio heads. Say I'm supplying U with yours and u ? with somebody U Know I feel some kinda way about them bcuz of some bad business.I only got this person on the outs 2 teach em a lesson. Let em squirm a little bit. But U plug them in so now they back on the come up cuz u like them / cool with em but I'm the supplier and it's know where I stand on this. Imma cut yo air off for line stepping! Again, until that 7 headed Dragon turn that green light on, he'll do pop ups. They letting him eat by getting large venues so again, they just a lil salty still but still know his draw.
  • rickmogul
    Options
    @KNiGHTS ...U familiar with Donald Goines? Particularly the book : Trick Baby? Now, Jaime Foxx has said but never went in2 detail on 1 episode of FoxHole the " Real" reason D.C. disappeared for a moment ain't no story we've been told yet. I know D.C. got tons of videos on YouTube but this show I'm speaking of, he asked the ( mostly white audience ) had they heard of Donald and Trick Baby. He lit up a square, juxtaposed his situation with the Trick Baby story. U could hear a ? church mouse ? cotton is was that silent. This story he told I believe. U really think when u sign ( 4 example) a $100 million dollar contract that's what u get? Even major entertainers / athletes don't get that much when it's reported. U ever seen one of those supposed contracts? You never do and wonder Y they all broke end up broke They truly never get much bread. Phone is about 2 die or I'd look for that link 4 u. They were playing him from jump with that figure ($50 Mil) he said and broke it down just how the ? story in the book played out too. In his words: ? was brilliant, how he laid it out. Made u see it from his point of view. ? from D.C. and was mentored by / idolized that brother that was in DC cab that was respected as a street performer but OD'd. Dave wasn't scared of ? . He wasn't gonna accept slaves wages after they brought in " All they people" to " Help out.". Like a documentary said: He was known around Hollywood as Pilot Boy! Had mad ideas for show that he'd constantly pitch. Said they always tried to integrate his ? with what they call " A more Universal appeal". Code for make it more white. See, Paul Mooney said " There is a such thing as too Black in Hollywood but things can never be too white. In fact, they can't be White Enough!". They were doing it to him all over again with his own creation but he was older and wiser now. Sounds like he took his pops advice.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    @KNiGHTS ...U familiar with Donald Goines? Particularly the book : Trick Baby? Now, Jaime Foxx has said but never went in2 detail on 1 episode of FoxHole the " Real" reason D.C. disappeared for a moment ain't no story we've been told yet. I know D.C. got tons of videos on YouTube but this show I'm speaking of, he asked the ( mostly white audience ) had they heard of Donald and Trick Baby. He lit up a square, juxtaposed his situation with the Trick Baby story. U could hear a ? church mouse ? cotton is was that silent. This story he told I believe. U really think when u sign ( 4 example) a $100 million dollar contract that's what u get? Even major entertainers / athletes don't get that much when it's reported. U ever seen one of those supposed contracts? You never do and wonder Y they all broke end up broke They truly never get much bread. Phone is about 2 die or I'd look for that link 4 u. They were playing him from jump with that figure ($50 Mil) he said and broke it down just how the ? story in the book played out too. In his words: ? was brilliant, how he laid it out. Made u see it from his point of view. ? from D.C. and was mentored by / idolized that brother that was in DC cab that was respected as a street performer but OD'd. Dave wasn't scared of ? . He wasn't gonna accept slaves wages after they brought in " All they people" to " Help out.". Like a documentary said: He was known around Hollywood as Pilot Boy! Had mad ideas for show that he'd constantly pitch. Said they always tried to integrate his ? with what they call " A more Universal appeal". Code for make it more white. See, Paul Mooney said " There is a such thing as too Black in Hollywood but things can never be too white. In fact, they can't be White Enough!". They were doing it to him all over again with his own creation but he was older and wiser now. Sounds like he took his pops advice.

Except the only real white people on his ? were his boy Neal. Every other white person was some throwaway extra. The money could be pre- or post-tax rated. Either way, $25 or $50 million + Half of DVD sales is nothing to sneeze at. Furthermore, have you ever seen my apartment lease? No, because I don't know you, man! Don't do that barbershop/Republican's want to see Obama's birth certificate ? . Contracts are confidential documents unless the parties want them disclosed.

I'm a fan of Occam's Razor: simplest answer is the truth.

Facts: He got the show, filled the cast with Comicview level comedians, and indie rap musicians.

Facts: He made hella money off a cheap product.

Facts: He SAID THEY DID NOT HELP HIM (Help in any medium is sending your people in to run some ? ). This means Comedy Central did what few institutions do: recognized a good thing and left it alone. This is why South Park is still made a week in advance each episode.

Facts: He left midway the THIRD season because a lighting guy laughed before he got to the elaborate point, which made him feel like people were missing the point.

Facts: Distill his Letterman interview: "I ? up. If I could go back, I would take the money. Some days I'm cool with the choice. Other days, I'm not." That is not Whitey coming for him. That's a man who cracked under the pressure.

I've done it. We've all done it. Maybe not on his level or platform, but pressure has gotten to everyone living that hasn't been given the world. People who come off fearless are usually the most afraid. And by his own admission, again his words, he was a big pothead. Sooooo... maybe his ideas kept failing because he was too high to pitch fully developed ideas. Not saying a series of unlikely things didn't happen to him, but his show... based on his own words ... nah. Brother folded. The end.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mfers really hate Key and Peele. Let them ? cook, the two shows imo have few similarities.

Key and Peele are the Macklemore of comedy, except they both black and get ? on by other black's. Sad
  • rickmogul
    Options
    @KNiGHTS ....I got you. Have you heard the version of the Black Boule reaching out 2 him 2 tone it down which he ignored? Again, Jamie Foxx said the version of the story we've been told ain't even close 2 da truth. I feel you in the he regrets not taking the $ and I saw that Interview on Letterman when it aired so yeah he misses the bread. But what made him flee the country? Story is too long 2 type but it's out there. Share ya thoughts when u find it.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you guys want him to come back to an industry that tried to screw him out of 500 million dollars. no one in there right mind would go back to a situation like that. he's still well off regaurdless and he's happy doing what he loves so let him cook. its good he got it like that so now those crackas don't own him like they own kevin hart.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    that key and peele ? was just a joke y'all reading into to this too much.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    you guys want him to come back to an industry that tried to screw him out of 500 million dollars. no one in there right mind would go back to a situation like that. he's still well off regaurdless and he's happy doing what he loves so let him cook. its good he got it like that so now those crackas don't own him like they own kevin hart.

He screwed himself.

And what crackas own Kevin Hart? ? love saying that every time someone make it.
  • Splackavelli
    Options

He screwed himself.

And what crackas own Kevin Hart? ? love saying that every time someone make it.

its on youtube and I believe everything I see on youtube.......EVVVVERYYYTHINNGGGGG!
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them Zionist Jews will come around tho. $ is their ?

The ? truth.
  • rickmogul
    Options
    @Revolver Ocelot ...Kevin Hart did " Don The Dress" a few years back in that SNL skit. Now he's larger than life. Oath is real folks.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    @Revolver Ocelot ...Kevin Hart did " Don The Dress" a few years back in that SNL skit. Now he's larger than life. Oath is real folks.

So that means he's owned by crackas. LOL
  • jmol
    Options
    Chapelle will be back soon as his money start looking funny. They all come back at that point ask Chris Tucker
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jmol wrote: »
    Chapelle will be back soon as his money start looking funny. They all come back at that point ask Chris Tucker

Chapelle never seemed the type to go broke buying stupid ? .
  • jmol
    Options
    You act as if he was on TV for years making good money. He was on chapelle show 2 years and got some dvd sales money. I don't think he's broke but doing random comedy shows for the last decade says he needs to keep working.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apparently dude made 13M last year. He gon be straight for awhile.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jmol wrote: »
    You act as if he was on TV for years making good money. He was on chapelle show 2 years and got some dvd sales money. I don't think he's broke but doing random comedy shows for the last decade says he needs to keep working.

I'm pretty sure he's doing the shows because he loves stand up not because he's broke or even close to it for that matter.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    See... This is what I hate about Chappelle's legacy with that show: he originally dipped because "no one helped him" and a "lighting guy laughed at him for the wrong reasons, which made him question everything." During the third season. He didn't question ? before with that ? Clayton Bigsby skit where he made "? " more popular than rap music?

He dipped because he was given/earned a multimillion dollar empire with free reign to run it, and this isn't me talking out of my ass but paraphrasing the man, and they didn't give him help to run it.

? : Hire a business tutor. Use Google. ASK somebody. ASK ? Russell Simmons how to run some ? . To make it sound like he was on some isolated island with no way to get help has always been ludicrous.

Then he finally comes back and admits, "I wouldn't have left if I had it all to do over" and I think that was on Letterman where he said that. So, after all this time, let's keep it 100: he made stupid loot off the DVD 50/50 split with Comedy Central, got sick of people saying his catchphrases and fame, figured that was enough money, and fled the scene. He was DeNiro in Heat if he didn't turn back being interviewed years after retirement reflecting on his one regret. I have never regretted the right decision. I have regretted decisions I finessed people into thinking was the right one.

There's no evil Jewish conspiracy. He had control over his ? , cited what is essentially "I had too much control," left, and then admitted he ? up years later. That's not some big moment of integrity or getting ? . I love his stand up, but the minute he said out of his own mouth, "I ? up" it negated all that I quit for higher purpose ? .

This post destroys alot of revolutionary images people have of Dave