Eight Trays vs 60's OGs and TG's

Options
2»

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    my moms and step pops moved us into a house when i was in 5th grade..
    i can still remember havin trouble sleeping at night because it was too quiet..

how old are u in the 5th grade??! 10 or 11 or some ? ..
    so jus think.. by 11yrs old i was not only use to the noise but uncomfortable witout it..

thats the people we talkin about right now..
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Luckily for me I matured enough to stay up out the ? for the most part, but as a black man in LA it's inevitable that the Bs comes to you...

I'm not really in the mix like that these days but if I am then I'm right off Crenshaw and slauson in the heart of 60's, got a Lil long term off and on biddie I pay a visit to on occasion that stay there...

But yea man due to a number of different factors the ? has slown down in a major way luckily but like boss said it's generational so I doubt it's all going away any time soon... the owes still posted out on the block deep af waiting to set trip on who ever, I make sure I keep to the dress code whenever I'm out there to avoid the fuckery... and some mo ?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    @BOSSExcellence I feel ya on the moving away part. Growing up in west phoenix, it wasn't la, but it was still a war zone. All my ? was maryvale ? and they was catching bodies and getting buried left and right. Uprooted the fam and got to Texas. Don't regret it.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so sticking to a dress code....

so blue, red and purple i can understand....i think i heard orange once for hoov.
    i dont know

but what i dont get is gray.

wouldnt that be neutral

an whats a dress code
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    so sticking to a dress code....

so blue, red and purple i can understand....i think i heard orange once for hoov.
    i dont know

but what i dont get is gray.

wouldnt that be neutral

an whats a dress code

Someone would need to create some kind of encyclopedia to catalogue everything tbh

Steelers Jersey? Don't go to some parts of Long Beach

Raiders Jersey? Don't go to other parts of Long Beach

An A on your hat means a bunch of different ?

So does a T

As does an H

Combinations of different colors will get you clapped (brown and blue, blue and purple)

Your best bet is wear as much white/ black as possible and stay outta some neighborhoods. They're gonna know you're not from there regardless of what colors you go on
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    so if ? is down to blocks how big can a group be....

seems like a good 20-30..

anyone ? with18th street or ms13 and do hoovers really run ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    i can tell you who runs philly streets....wreckless unpredictable fukk ?
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's too much to explain. Ol heads color bang and youngings such as tiny locs or infant locs wear whatever except for hats. Niccas trip off them hats heavy now. Also there's no changing these niccas out here. I was raised in this ? and the only way to break it is by moving. My pops was from slausons, uncles were west side crips before it turned into NH. I was raised between the 40s and 60s
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    i stayed in reseda once visiting my wifes aunt before she moved.

what are they considered
  • Melqart
    edited October 2016
    Options

what are they considered

Reseda is the valley. There's this pretty weak hood out there called ovgc that had some drug lords pushing work through the mail system during the 80's/early 90's but other than that they never really really made waves. Its mostly Mexican gangs out that way
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bkkbully wrote: »
    everybody sells LA on some 'women weed and weather' ? but never mentions all of this 8 Trays, 60s, TGs, OGs, UTIs, UFOs, all of this crazy ? . too stressful bro. I remember a thread when a ? said you can't even wear gray in certain areas because you'll get clapped up. My fam out there always telling me to come thru but them ? banging...I'll go to Colorado to smoke

Who doesn't know the history of West coast gang culture?

I've been out there a few times.? don't really fly colors like that.Cops be on that ? .

Most ppl you randomly meet,regardless of class got gang ties.

Unless you doing some dumb ? or just in the wrong place at the wrong time,? ain't bothering out of towners.

I done been in notorious hoods in LA.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Melqart wrote: »

what are they considered

Reseda is the valley. There's this pretty weak hood out there called ovgc that had some drug lords pushing work through the mail system during the 80's/early 90's but other than that they never really really made waves. Its mostly Mexican gangs out that way

Original valley gangstas?

Man when i first moved here some dude was shoutin that ? on hollywood blvd

This was before i knew "where you from" was asking me what i bang...i told him SC and he kept it movin abd shouted out his ?
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I find it interesting that every criminal culture is different yet very much the same
  • Melqart
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    Melqart wrote: »

what are they considered

Original valley gangstas?

Man when i first moved here some dude was shoutin that ? on hollywood blvd

This was before i knew "where you from" was asking me what i bang...i told him SC and he kept it movin abd shouted out his ?

Yea that's them
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    so who is bigger........
    grape street
    hoovers
    or bounty hunters
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    Options
    Hoovers . By far you gotta remember you have 52, 71,83, 107,111, and there are still 59 hoovers still around
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    Options
    Biggest sets . NHC Hoovers east coast. Biggest hood 60s by far
  • GEMNWYE60
    GEMNWYE60 Members Posts: 2
    Options
    CUZZ 2 C h0N0eSt THEY STILL GOT IT BETTER THAN MOST CITIES!!!!!! I'VE LIVED MOST MY LIFE N CALI &
  • GEMNWYE60
    GEMNWYE60 Members Posts: 2
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    btw, that lil sodi song wack as ? .
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? got snatched off the computer