blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    France is to blame
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Them ? ? off ? somehow

I met a Jew who thought this. He thinks because they practice voodoo ? is punishing them. He said that's why Louisiana got wrecked, too.

My parents old pastor said the same ? . I refused to go to that church again after that. My best friend family got caught up in Katrina.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    *Reads thread title*

My bf who is Haitian himself just said a few days ago, "that place is cursed."

This ? . The only place that is cursed is Detroit. All Haiti needs is investment an educated workforce.

Until next year's hurricane destroys it again. Face it, ? don't like that country
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    And based on my research, before Allah & Jesus, outside of Egypt, Africa was predominantly voodoo. Amerikkka most definitely demonized it for a reason. It supposedly played a huuuuge part in Haiti gaining it's independence. There's supposedly two sides to it. A dark side and a light side. Puerto Rico is still deeply rooted into it as well.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    And based on my research, before Allah & Jesus, outside of Egypt, Africa was predominantly voodoo. Amerikkka most definitely demonized it for a reason. It supposedly played a huuuuge part in Haiti gaining it's independence. There's supposedly two sides to it. A dark side and a light side. Puerto Rico is still deeply rooted into it as well.

Yea, my granny does Santeria
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MazterChef wrote: »
    HAARP weapons
    and haiti has the deepest trench in the caribbean...

there is no way the chinese and euros are investing in a place with that much frequent damage

so nobody is investing in them....
    but they are sending man made hurricanes to them for what reason for fun?
    your conspiracy doesnt even make sense

i think you misunderstood.

the chinese and euros are very deep there.....they ARE investing.

they are investing more there than they are in the DR

just seems crazy but we know there are not
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Voodoo was inspiring and all, but what played a huge part was france not being able to put up a real defence. They were too busy fighting the napoleonic wars. They couldn't seen a force nor were they concerned looking at the bigger issues they were facing. At the end of the day, voodoo didn't keep the United States from going over there to ? them over.
  • Turfaholic
    Options

Yea, my granny does Santeria

I was dealing with a 40 year old Puerto Rican this time last year. ? was bomb. She was too crazy for my taste though. She practiced it. ? intrigued the ? out of me. She was putting me on to some ? . Talking about burning black candles in water. We fell out and we never went through with it.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No supposedly about it. Dark and light magic is real.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

19e8b5d33db0e398f232b455dc35e878d444756e27d2af979b43e8c4fe00f05b.jpg
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of Haiti's "bad luck," stems from systematic racism and white supremacy. Unlike other nations in Latin America and the Caribbean where the dominate society maintained control of those nations. You had the not only the first black republic in the history of the world, but a nation that was formed out the first successful slave revolt, so racist white supremacists (being the vile evil creatures that are,) punished the Haitians for it which resulted in Haiti never getting a firm economic base.

Then you have the problem with the endemic political corruption. Say what you will about the racist white supremacists brutal and sexually depraved slavers that founded this nation, Franklin, Jefferson, Hamilton, Adams, Monroe, Jay, and Washington'em were on point when it came to ideas about government and how to run a government.

Muthafuckas revered Washington so much that it took 143 years for somebody to break the tradition of serving only two terms in office. Also Washington set a powerful precedent when he refused to allow his generals to make him George I of America.

As great as Toussaint and Dessalines were they ? the game up when when Toussaint made himself governor-general for life and Dessalines made himself emperor.

Then there's the fact that six white families control Haiti like some Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, only 60% of the people can read and the language of instruction of is French, despite like 95% of Haitians speak Haitian Creole. As I've always said black people world wide, (especially African Americans,) have a ? given duty to help our Haitian brothers and sisters.

Yes sir in a nutshell. Is in the books just gotta read and find out for yourselves cause they won't teach us this history. Although I would like to add that a lot of Latin American (Black Latinos and Natives) countries are indebted with Haitii as much as The Black American community.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    DR ? with that voodoo/Santeria heavy also
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Put me on game
    Always thought it was due to the embargo after they gained independence, plus debt, weak leadership, the cronyism of the mutts and white families.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

I'm about to ask my "friends" about this now....

anything I should know before I ask?
  • felliwonda
    Options

@2stepz_ahead. I mean it only makes sense that vodou is also practiced in DR. It is also practiced in most of the West Indies if not all and it has spread to many countries in Latin America is actually more common than people think. Only I've been told by people who have seen/experienced it first hand that vodou in Haitii is as advanced as technology in the states so imagine DR and neighboring islands
  • felliwonda
    Options
    Put me on game
    Always thought it was due to the embargo after they gained independence, plus debt, weak leadership, the cronyism of the mutts and white families.

Definetly this has also a major influence if not most of the influence as to why Haitii is a Nation that has suffered so over these centuries. So yeah this is also right. at least from some of the resources I read
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    felliwonda wrote: »

@2stepz_ahead. I mean it only makes sense that vodou is also practiced in DR. It is also practiced in most of the West Indies if not all and it has spread to many countries in Latin America is actually more common than people think. Only I've been told by people who have seen/experienced it first hand that vodou in Haitii is as advanced as technology in the states so imagine DR and neighboring islands

trust me...i beleive in voodoo.

my dad used to do some ? with candles.....i swear i saw smoke from the wick go along the glass and the wax to the bottom of the candle.
    scared the fukk outta me as a kid.

im not sure that was voodoo...but i beleive in alot of ? that my dad told me that i never had to see. he never lied to me.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited October 2016
    Options
    mi amor dice

solamente dios
    eses personas ignorantes y diabolicas

lol
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    ok ? is going waaaay left now.
    i guess this question can be offensive
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    that voodoo obeah ? is no ? joke speaking as someone who knows people that practice that ? and who has visited and lived in nations were that ? is somewhat prevalent. KEEP AWAY FROM THAT ? .

I kno a girl that did it to this ? man . Had that ? ? up
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »

19e8b5d33db0e398f232b455dc35e878d444756e27d2af979b43e8c4fe00f05b.jpg

^ Non-carribbean person post.
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ok ? is going waaaay left now.
    i guess this question can be offensive

that ? is done throughout the Caribbean. Back home in trini, its called Orisha. Santeria in latin countries. Nothing new. They be posting mad flags at their homes.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    racism and has the most to do with the hate Haiti gets and it's current conditions but voodoo can get some of the blame

How does Voodoo gets any blame?

all that voodoo ? scares a lot of people away and adds to the bad image

You must be ignorant on voodoo because it's more to voodoo then dolls and pins. Being an west african traditional religion it gets a bad rap