The Official 2016-2017 NFL Season Thread.

Options

Comments

• ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Otto Graham played in an era where QBs were throwing more INTs than TD and still ended up with 39 more TDs than INTs.

He only led the NFL/AAFC in INTs once, but led in TDs 3 times, Yards 5 times and Comp % 4 times in 10 seasons.

Fall back.

So basically in the league full off sorry ass Qb somebody has to be good and get into the HOF Right

Lol he still top 20 in QBR and has the record most yards per completion ? that has stood for 60 plus years and the point of the game is to win and he was a winner that's the main reason why he is in the hall of fame
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I Can see Romo Cutler or Fitzpatrick in a Browns jersey next year yup we that Stupid.

Romo you be the best qb you guys ever. I never heard of a great browns qb

Kosar and Testerverde were good

They're not great qb's

Romo isn't great so the comparison is on point

Stats say otherwise

It ain't all about stats homie... turnovers at crucial times by romo negate a lot of stats

What stats are you talking about be specific?

It's tons of article that negate the perception of being a choke artist.

Them articles don't negate my eyes. I seen him ? up vs Seattle dropping the fg I seen him lose games throwing picks. I've seen him sprawled out in the sand angel position after sacks.

? love to bring that up that seattle game when as a QB he lead them down the field but as a placeholder he fumble the ball. But that fumble doesn't actually prove your point but like i said he lead them down the field.

The lack of success that the cowboys has had will always be a team effort. Romo had great performances way more than bad ones.

If romo isn't great why the ? we lost without him? Look at the numbers. This is first time we have won without romo like this.

You take tom brady off the pats you get a 14 and 6.
    Take romo off were 6 and 13 ( this includes this year 5-1 record) and its worst going back further

Love the Cowboys, But Romo is the living embodiment of the Gift and the Curse.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Otto Graham played in an era where QBs were throwing more INTs than TD and still ended up with 39 more TDs than INTs.

He only led the NFL/AAFC in INTs once, but led in TDs 3 times, Yards 5 times and Comp % 4 times in 10 seasons.

Fall back.

So basically in the league full off sorry ass Qb somebody has to be good and get into the HOF Right

Lol he still top 20 in QBR and has the record most yards per completion ? that has stood for 60 plus years and the point of the game is to win and he was a winner that's the main reason why he is in the hall of fame

So you would start your team with Otto over Romo?
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont think a lot of people really understand up until 2 years ago how much Romo had to do in order for the Cowboys to win. The offensive line was trash and we were only good on defense for a few years like 09, 08 and I think 07 we pretty solid.

Yeah Romo has had some crucial turnovers in the past but imo a lot of that was due to him trying to make something happen because he knew we may not get another opportunity

• ericb4prez
    Options
    ? got 7 chips but he was not part of the reason we were winning?
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Fall back.

So you would start your team with Otto over Romo?

Yup lol ? got 7 titles but I'm supposed to pick a ? that can't even handle the snap for his kicker to seal the deal
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fall back.

He's 21st. I'm actually shocked because his td/int isn't good nor is his completion percentage
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How you gonna compare a QB from today to a QB from the 40s/50s?

It was an entirely different era and the game of footall was nowhere near as advanced as it is now. For his era, Otto Graham was a legend just like the Browns were legendary. But you put them against a modern NFL team, they're getting smoked and half the roster is getting put on IR.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    How bout the Ravens losing back to back to that gawd awful NFC East we kept hearing about all off season.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quincy Carter>>>>>>>> Dak Prescott
  • Olorun22
    Options

It was an entirely different era and the game of footall was nowhere near as advanced as it is now. For his era, Otto Graham was a legend just like the Browns were legendary. But you put them against a modern NFL team, they're getting smoked and half the roster is getting put on IR.

I understand it's a different era and I acknowledge tha in one of my post. I was judging otto off of his completion percentage and TD/INT ratio.

But you have browns fans acting like having romo on their team is bad. Dude had to go back to the 50's to make his point. I actually forgot about otto because it was a long time ago but I don't think he's good that's just my opinion but otto was what he was for his era
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It was a different era man. Teams just threw it deep and defenders could do what they wanted to receivers. The passing game was nowhere near as complex as it is now.

Stew wrote: »
    How bout the Ravens losing back to back to that gawd awful NFC East we kept hearing about all off season.
    And yet we're the only division without a team with a losing record. Ether
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? defense and the playcalling smh

You still getting those 8 wins?
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »

You must be his snorting buddy
  • Olorun22
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »

You must be his snorting buddy

Pay him no mind he just wants attention
  • ericb4prez
    Options

I understand it's a different era and I acknowledge tha in one of my post. I was judging otto off of his completion percentage and TD/INT ratio.

But you have browns fans acting like having romo on their team is bad. Dude had to go back to the 50's to make his point. I actually forgot about otto because it was a long time ago but I don't think he's good that's just my opinion but otto was what he was for his era

I never said having Romo on our squad would be bad I was responding to you saying we never had a great QB and Romo would be the best we ever had which is false
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"Can't flag a mod"
    VoJbV_zpsshfrtcwj.gif
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Pretty sure u misinterpreted that post unless you're a Ravens fan of course.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if our O-line healthy the rest of the season can produce similar results for the rest of the season.

First time all 5 starters on the line played together this whole season and the results were fantastic.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Can see Romo Cutler or Fitzpatrick in a Browns jersey next year yup we that Stupid.

Romo you be the best qb you guys ever. I never heard of a great browns qb

Kosar and Testerverde were good

They're not great qb's

Romo isn't great so the comparison is on point

Stats say otherwise

It ain't all about stats homie... turnovers at crucial times by romo negate a lot of stats

What stats are you talking about be specific?

It's tons of article that negate the perception of being a choke artist.

Them articles don't negate my eyes. I seen him ? up vs Seattle dropping the fg I seen him lose games throwing picks. I've seen him sprawled out in the sand angel position after sacks.

? love to bring that up that seattle game when as a QB he lead them down the field but as a placeholder he fumble the ball. But that fumble doesn't actually prove your point but like i said he lead them down the field.

The lack of success that the cowboys has had will always be a team effort. Romo had great performances way more than bad ones.

If romo isn't great why the ? we lost without him? Look at the numbers. This is first time we have won without romo like this.

You take tom brady off the pats you get a 14 and 6.
    Take romo off were 6 and 13 ( this includes this year 5-1 record) and its worst going back further

That fumble showed he nuts up under pressure the end
  • Olorun22
    Options

I never said having Romo on our squad would be bad I was responding to you saying we never had a great QB and Romo would be the best we ever had which is false

Look ? I don't give a ? about some old ass qb. I don't give a ? about your browns I don't give a ? about Cleveland I don't give a ? about the state of Ohio.

That part
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of Romo talk in here. Let me save yall some time.

His fragile ass will be hurt again by the playoffs and Dak will be #1 on the depth chart.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pretty sure u misinterpreted that post unless you're a Ravens fan of course.

I did my bad brotha lol you know how this works when it comes to the squads in the same division haaaa haa ha......

dVoSQF2_zpsxbz2ekid.gif
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@bow to royalty