Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    jee504 wrote: »
    I'll be checking for this now. Is the first season worth checking out though?

? fans hated it..the critics loved it..had solid ratings throughout the season..bottom line watch make your own choice..

Imo Supergirl ? on Gotham and isn't even close.

Gotham season 2> supergirl season 1. You just said fans hated season 1 lol

? Comic Fans seemed to hate it.. I wager many of them aren't fans of Supergirl. The critics loved the show so call it one of those disconnects..and despite a drop off from Episode 1 the ratings were better than majority if not all Superhero shows on network TV, so folks still watched.

Season 1 of Gotham was cool..and the premise of a Gotham origins story cop crime drama dealing with Mob is also dope.

But Gotham Season 2 is one of the worst comicbook show adaptations I ever seen, they rushed bringing in these villians way to soon.

You won't find a bigger Batman head around, but they just pretty much said ? these characters, and lets just make ? up as we go.

Even when you look at it as a Elseworld story or from a Multiverse Perspective..it still a weak ass show, that is made even less interesting with no shared Universe with any other DC property.

A Lot of the hate fans have toward Supergirl show is from Males feeling it had some sort of feminist agenda which I didn't see.

Authenticity and faithfulness to alot Source Material, throw in a shared Universe makes Supergirl a superior show.

• illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smash Lena Luthor
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That CW version of Superman gotta grow on me. Still not fully sold.

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The problem is Kara can't stand on her own and at the end of the day you just wish this was Superman's show instead of Supergirl. They even brought in Superman now, so what's the point of Supergirl? She's irrelevant now and Metallo would give her that work as he can stand up to Superman. Where are her own villains?

what I don't like about this show is she is just a female version of superman/clark kent. even their alter ego is the same they are both mild mannered reporters its like the writers of the show didn't even try. in the super girl/jlu animated series she was a teenager. what job does her alter ego have in the comics?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The first half is eh but it really picks up in the 2nd half.
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    GuardianBar640.jpg

Supergirl’s Jimmy Olsen will become Guardian as season two progresses

The Guardian is headed to National City and the man behind the mask is one that Supergirl fans already know well. Jimmy Olsen himself, Mehcad Brooks, revealed via social media the first image of the CW series’ Guardian outfit, revealing that it’s something that we can expect to see him in quite a bit as season two continues. Check it out in full in the gallery viewer below!

RELATED: Watch the Supergirl Season Two Trailer

“These next few episodes are going to make [James] realize that being a photographer is not enough for him,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells DC Comics, “So he’s going to go on a pretty exciting career trajectory that we’re really pumped by. James is going to decide that he can no longer sit back and be a sidekick, so he’s going to decide to become a vigilante. He’s going to become Guardian, complete with the shield, which is going to cause a massive problem in his relationship with Kara because he has decided not to tell her. Now there’s this new masked vigilante, and she has her own feelings about vigilantes, and it becomes a push and pull about who gets to decide who gets to be a hero?”

Guardian made his first comic book appearance in 1942’s “Star-Spangled Comics #7” and there’s no hiding his similarity to Marvel Comics‘ famous red, white and blue hero who Kirby had created the previous year. Although Guardian has had a number of men wear the helmet over the years and realities of DC canon, the vigilante hero debuted as a Metropolis cop, Jim Harper, who took to the streets with an indestructible shield to defeat criminals that he felt the law couldn’t reach.

Although Olsen himself has never been Guardian in the comics, the two characters do have a close connection. It was in 1971’s “Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #135” that Kirby, as part of his immortal Fourth World saga, re-introduced Guardian to DC lore. This take on the character saw a new Guardian as a clone of the original Jim Harper complete with transferred memories.

Although he did not adopt the Guardian identity, Jim Harper previously appeared on Supergirl, played by Eddie McClintock in the first season episode, “Manhunter”.

What do you think of the Guardian costume? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Read more at http://www.superherohype.com/news/383925-supergirl-guardian-jimmy-olsen#eJ6v4vVevDdiqzDP.99

Baseball-Player-Tries-To-Hold-In-The-Laughter-During-Zoom.gif

Thoughts?
  • nujerz84
    Options
  • Broddie
    Options
    Well there's a way to make him different from his Marvel cousin Captain America.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jimmy still corny
    Didn't like sueprman
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to watch Monday's episode on my lunch break today. I didn't watch any of season 1.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kinda of waste on that whole Kara/Jimmy storyline if they weren't gonna hook them up.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Wasn't bad at all. Still ain't gonna go back and watch S1 but I enjoyed Monday's episode.
  • Broddie
    Options
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Lets see if it can build on last week great episode.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    I'm fighting metallo tonight! y'all watching?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This episode was fire honestly
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This Superman has grown on me. I know it won't last long but I hope he pops up more during the season.
  • Broddie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Aren't they gonna loosely adapt Invasion! for the crossover episodes?

He's gonna have to be a part of that. They're gonna need all hands on deck against the dominators. Maybe some of his buddies from the future who wear a special ring could even show up? (I know Mon-El is already there I mean the rest of the Legion).
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The next episode looks even better. Wow CW is killing it right now.
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    much better on this network...the show wasn't a good fit on CBS ,which is nothing more than a network full of FBI,CSI, police,and criminal dramas
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

During a recent screening of tonight's episode of Supergirl, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg told reporters that while he wouldn't rule out the idea of developing a Superman TV series around Teen Wolf and Everybody Wants Some actor Tyler Hoechlin, that wasn't the idea of bringing him into Supergirl, where a big part of their focus was to make sure he was a strong supporting character for his cousin, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist).

"The role of [Superman] coming into this, for me, from the very beginning, was to support her, which lends itself to being a supporting character," Hoechlin told reporters at the screening. "There was never an intention for this to be about him. It’s always about her. It’s called Supergirl, and Melissa has done such a great job. For him, it’s always about building her up and being there to impart wisdom when he can and support her when he can, but in no way try to make her feel like she’s not capable of doing anything that he could do."

That's becuase, as noted both in the show and at the screening, this particular iteration of Superman has been at the job for a while. He's the one other heroes (and the public at large) rely on and look up to -- and so much of the stuff that creates good drama in the early days of a superhero story are already in the rear-view mirror for Hoechlin's Man of Steel.

SPG202a 0016b
    (Photo: The CW/Warner Bros. TV)
    "The Superman that we designed was something that you really haven’t seen too much of," Kreisberg added. "Usually, when you see Superman, whether it’s the Christopher Reeve movies, Man of Steel or Lois & Clark, he’s just starting out. We wanted to show a Superman who’s been doing this for a decade and has gotten really, really good at it. Usually, when somebody comes in, they have a massive character arc, and that wasn’t entirely the case here. He was coming in as a supporting character for Kara, and to be a friend, a cousin and a mentor. She’s always compared herself to him, but comes to realize, 'I’ve got it all going on, too.' We simultaneously wanted to have a Superman that was relatable and fun and everything that you remember about Superman from your childhood while also demystifying him, a little bit. No matter how famous you are, there’s always somebody more famous than you. Yeah, she can fly and she’s famous, but there’s a familiarity with all the people that she works with. And then, Superman comes in and it’s like ? Jagger just flew in and everybody’s jaws drop, but she’s completely over it. That’s really the angle that we came at it from."

Quizzed about the possibility of another spinoff -- after all, there's still one weeknight without superhero show on The CW, and it's one that Smallville used to air on! -- Kreisberg soft-pedaled the idea, but didn't reject it outright. Still, even if that (in all likelihood) doesn't happen, that doesn't mean this is the last fans will likely see of Hoechlin.

"I’m not going to sit here and say that there’s never going to be a world in which there is a Superman TV show and that Tyler’s going to star in it," Kreisberg said. "I don’t know what the future holds. But right now, that’s not our focus. Right now, we’re working on Supergirl, which is the flagship, and working on a way for Tyler to reprise the role is really what our focus is on Supergirl right now."

Supergirl airs Monday nights at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. Next week, there's no Superman -- but look out for former Wonder Woman Lynda Carter starring as the President of the United States!

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/18/tyler-hoechlin-led-superman-show-could-happen-but-its-not-our-fo/

Yeah he says this now. But this version of Superman has been popular. It'll happen eventually
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

He's gonna have to be a part of that. They're gonna need all hands on deck against the dominators. Maybe some of his buddies from the future who wear a special ring could even show up? (I know Mon-El is already there I mean the rest of the Legion).

from what I read in youtube comments they were adapting crisis or infinite crisis.
  • Broddie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

from what I read in youtube comments they were adapting crisis or infinite crisis.

Nah I just double checked and it's definitely Invasion!

Marc Guggenheim (Arrow showrunner) even talked about getting the most legit cutting edge prostethics and effects that they can to do justice to Todd McFarlane's Dominator design from the comics.

They did pay homage to the first crisis when Superman carried Supergirl last night but that's about it.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    I'm digging this
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I found it a bit cheesy but old school cheesy which is what I grew up on. I like the Superman too and good to see they lost the stupid curl at the front of his hairline.