Greatest WCW World Heavyweight Champion of All Time

Options
jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in Off The Turn Buckle
You know this stems from Michael Cole's statement on RAW. Let's decide right now who was the GOAT WCW WHC.

Greatest WCW World Heavyweight Champion of All Time 46 votes

HULK HOGAN
8%
blu197oatmealdudeAngeles1son85RawAce 4 votes
RIC FLAIR
39%
rey326f.e.d.s.infamous114aneed123BroddieRobCoLifeTrill Gate$waterproofPanchoYoSanchoChillaDaKillaL.O.S.T.Crude_TheBoyRoTrillfateKnowReasonForPeaceJuttythe3rdLouis DevinearTsotsi Cape Town 18 votes
STING
26%
Dupackj_da_midwest_mobstajonojoeyfkncrakkStoneColdMikeyMister B.Peezy_JenkinsLordZukoCSOPQSmokey Tha BanditOGDirtyDeeNomad1 12 votes
RANDY SAVAGE
2%
RickyRich 1 vote
VADER
2%
silverfoxx 1 vote
DDP
0%
BOOKER T
4%
[Deleted User]TonyDubbz 2 votes
GOLDBERG
15%
metal face terroristDOPEdweebzIdiopathic JokerlookdudeBangEm_Bart Da12RespectAgeorgiaboy89 7 votes
JEFF JARRETT
2%
Serious Juice Mayne 1 vote

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Flair >Sting > hogan/Golberg>.

Ron Simmons winning it was one of the Goat moments tho
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    RIC FLAIR
    Jeff Jarrett?

Scott Steiner with one reign is more worthy than Jarrett with any of his multiple runs.

WCW champ Mt. Rushmore = Flair, Sting, Hogan and Vader in that order.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    HULK HOGAN
    without hogan switching over no one woulda cared for wcw lol and when he was nwo hogan his character was so great way he retreated let the goons go after whoever and acted like a champ made people earn title shots ...flair was cool for a min i would go hogan ... goldberg .... flair/sting
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't vote I didn't like wcw till 95
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    STING
    *waits for retards to vote Goldberg...
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    GOLDBERG

x45e1rpfs8xo.gif
  • jono
    Options
    STING
    Yeah I got to go with the face of the brand. Before Hogan showed up there were only two people I recognized in WCW 1) Ric Flair and 2) Sting.

I give Sting a +1 for loyalty to the brand and character reinvention. Sting was a great champion in both his incarnations and IIRC he drew WCWs biggest buyrate for Starrcade.

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HULK HOGAN
    jono wrote: »
    Yeah I got to go with the face of the brand. Before Hogan showed up there were only two people I recognized in WCW 1) Ric Flair and 2) Sting.

I give Sting a +1 for loyalty to the brand and character reinvention. Sting was a great champion in both his incarnations and IIRC he drew WCWs biggest buyrate for Starrcade.

Hogan was the draw, ppl wanted to see Hogan lose the belt more than they wanted to see Sting win it, and didn't Sting drop the belt a few weeks after Starrcade?

Sting is remembered for chasing the Title from Flair/nWo than his actual Title reigns...

Flair is a legitimate choice if you include the NWA Era, but since this is a wCw WHC only thread that only counts 1991-'01, then Hogan is obviously the GOAT wCw WHC, he literally owned that belt..

When you think wCw Big Gold this is the first image that pops up in nearly everybodys head
    l.jpg

But Goldberg did have the GOAT WHC win (not reign).. He was the most over face to hold it and his journey to win the WHC in '98 made WCW peak in ratings...

• dalyricalbandit
    Options
    Wild how Hogan straight violated that title lmao I highly doubt Vince would've let ? spray paint the wing eagle or attitude belt.

But then again money talks that would've been another toy belt for sale
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    STING
    Sting/flair>Hogan ≥>>>>>

The rest aren't really in consideration imo
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    Wild to think there was only 19 champs (I ain't counting WWE version)

Hulk Hogan
    Ric Flair
    Big Van Vader
    Booker T
    Sting
    Lex Luger
    Goldberg
    Ron Simmons
    Scott Steiner
    The Giant
    Kevin Nash
    Sid Vicious
    Jeff Jarrett
    Bret Hart
    Randy Savage
    Diamond Dallas Page
    David Arquette
    Vince Russo
    Chris Benoit

How would ya rank all these
  • jono
    Options
    STING
    blu197 wrote: »

Hogan was the draw, ppl wanted to see Hogan lose the belt more than they wanted to see Sting win it, and didn't Sting drop the belt a few weeks after Starrcade?

Sting is remembered for chasing the Title from Flair/nWo than his actual Title reigns...

Flair is a legitimate choice if you include the NWA Era, but since this is a wCw WHC only thread that only counts 1991-'01, then Hogan is obviously the GOAT wCw WHC, he literally owned that belt..

When you think wCw Big Gold this is the first image that pops up in nearly everybodys head
    l.jpg

But Goldberg did have the GOAT WHC win (not reign).. He was the most over face to hold it and his journey to win the WHC in '98 made WCW peak in ratings...

Hogan was already the champion and he had just lost the strap to Luger. That whole angle was about Sting finally putting an end to the nWo after their year of running roughshod over the company.

It was also Sting's first match in over a year. Yeah Sting drew that.

Sting also carried WCW when Flair left and before Hogan arrived which was their dark days.

Ain't no question in my mind Sting is the GOAT WCW Champion.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    RIC FLAIR
    Wild to think there was only 19 champs (I ain't counting WWE version)

Hulk Hogan
    Ric Flair
    Big Van Vader
    Booker T
    Sting
    Lex Luger
    Goldberg
    Ron Simmons
    Scott Steiner
    The Giant
    Kevin Nash
    Sid Vicious
    Jeff Jarrett
    Bret Hart
    Randy Savage
    Diamond Dallas Page
    David Arquette
    Vince Russo
    Chris Benoit

How would ya rank all these

Again

Flair
    Sting
    Hogan
    Vader

Are top 4.

Savage and Nash are arguable #5's, DDP is a solid #6.

Luger is definitely in the top 10 cause his early 90s reign was damn good and one of the key reasons I as a homegrown WWF fan back then stayed watching WCW Saturday Night after episodes of Captain Planet many years before the wars. That reign was why McMahon poached him and brought him up north in the first place.

Sid rounds out my top 10 along with Steiner and Booker who were definitely the company's last great champs.

Keep in mind I'm including the NWA years.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    STING
    If Flair or Sting ain't number 1 your list is elimnated
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIC FLAIR
    Flair was the reason to watch NWA/WCW b4 Sting became the man, but Flair will forever be "The Man"
  • BangEm_Bart
    edited October 2016
    Options
    GOLDBERG

I will jackhammer your mother next time you talk down on my favorite wrestler.
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIC FLAIR

True. The build to Sting/Hogan was GOAT, probably one of the best in wrestling history. Too bad the match itself was garbage because of Hogan's politics. Sting was over as ? with the crowd without talking for a year. He should have had a lengthy reign after the Superbrawl rematch but lost it to Savage at Spring Stampede who then lost it to Hogan the next night smh.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    STING

Goldberg was an overrated, better version of Roman Reigns mixed with Steve Austin. Fight me...
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIC FLAIR
    Bret hart.....

Naww Flair
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    GOLDBERG

Goldberg was an overrated, better version of Roman Reigns mixed with Steve Austin. Fight me...

That's not a bad combo considering I liked Stone Cold and wish RR was better.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIC FLAIR
    Flair Vader then sting...
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HULK HOGAN
    OGDirtyDee wrote: »
    If Flair or Sting ain't number 1 your list is elimnated

But look @ your avi bro
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIC FLAIR
    Greatest NWA/WCW World Heavyweight Championn

Ric Flair, Harley Race, Hulk Hogan, Lou Thez, Dusty Rhodes, Big Van Vader, Terry Funk, Sting, Lex Luger, Booker T
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIC FLAIR
    Flair made WCW hot long before Hogan came and many years before Sting blew up. He was the franchise. Hogan may have taken to WCW to new highs, especially as a heel, but Flair kept them from sinking.