San Diego Mom Murdered by Boyfriend While Shielding Her 11-Month-Old Baby and Five -Year-Old Son

Options
Ajackson17
Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
San Diego mom 'murdered by boyfriend while shielding her 11-month-old baby and five-year-old son' who helped police identify the suspect

Vanessa Marie Bobo, 29, was killed in the California apartment she shared with 32-year-old Roderick Harris, a former security guard
Bobo's five-year-old son witnessed the shooting, during which the mother held her 11-month-old boy, and helped police identify the suspect
Harris pleaded not guilty Tuesday to one charge of murder
Prosecutors say Harris and Bobo argued the night of her death
Bobo held her younger child in her arms as she tried to shield the children from the violence
Harris allegedly shot at Bobo twice with a .357-caliber revolver, hitting a neighbor's wall with one bullet and Bobo's spinal cord with the other

By PEDRO OLIVEIRA JR. FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 19:23 EST, 19 October 2016 | UPDATED: 00:07 EST, 20 October 2016

129shares
34View comments

A mother-of-two was allegedly shot and killed by her boyfriend in San Diego while she shielded her young sons.
Police says Vanessa Marie Bobo, 29, was killed in the apartment she shared with 32-year-old Roderick Harris, a former security guard who pleaded not guilty Tuesday to one charge of murder.
Bobo's five-year-old son witnessed the shooting — during which the mother held her 11-month-old boy — and helped police identify the suspect, cops said.

3988337A00000578-3853426-image-a-1_1476918701479.jpg

Vanessa Marie Bobo, 29, (pictured) was killed in the California apartment she shared with 32-year-old Roderick Harris, a former security guard
3988735C00000578-3853426-image-a-4_1476920397825.jpg

Bobo's (left) five-year-old son witnessed the shooting — during which the mother held her 11-month-old boy — and helped police identify Harris (right) as the suspect

3988736400000578-3853426-image-a-5_1476920421042.jpg

Prosecutors say Harris and Bobo (pictured with their 11-month-old son) argued the night of her death.

3988337600000578-3853426-image-a-3_1476919052535.jpg

Roderick Harris, a former security guard, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to one charge of murder

The couple had dated for four years and had the 11-month-old son together. They shared a home on Lake Arrowhead Drive, where they also raised Bobo's five-year-old son with another man.
Prosecutors say Harris and Bobo argued the night of her death.
Bobo held her younger child in her arms as she tried to shield the kids from the violence, NBC San Diego reported.
Prosecutors say Harris shot at Bobo twice with a .357-caliber revolver — hitting a neighbor's wall with one bullet and Bobo's spinal cord with the other.
Bobo dropped her 11-month-old baby as she fell to the ground. Police found the two children unharmed, crying by their mother's body.

Detectives found a number of weapons at the couple's home: three rifles, a shotgun, a second revolver and two semi-automatic handguns, NBC reported.
In court Tuesday, Harris kept his eyes low as he was ordered held on $3 million bond.
He wore a blue jail uniform and spoke softly when the judge addressed him.

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Options
    3988433D00000578-3853426-image-m-21_1476922315035.jpg

In court Tuesday, Harris kept his eyes low as he was ordered held on $3 million bond

3988737300000578-3853426-image-m-12_1476920492335.jpg

3988736900000578-3853426-image-m-14_1476921766148.jpg

Prosecutors say Harris shot at Bobo (pictured) twice with a .357-caliber revolver

3988737900000578-3853426-image-a-6_1476920439264.jpg

One bullet struck a neighbor's wall and the other perforated Bobo's spinal cord

Harris doesn't have any past convictions. He was arrested for domestic violence in an incident involving a previous partner, NBC reported.
    Immediately after the shooting, he remained at large for nearly 12 hours before he was arrested in a relative's home in South Bay, KGTV reported.
    On Facebook, he said he was 'sorry' and that he reached a 'breaking point,' KGTV reported.

3988733900000578-3853426-image-a-7_1476920450949.jpg

Harris and Bobo had dated for four years and had a 11-month-old son together (right)

3988734000000578-3853426-image-a-8_1476920458853.jpg

The couple shared a home on Lake Arrowhead Drive, where they also raised Bobo's five-year-old son (left) with another man

'Sorry for what it looks like but I had a breaking point emotional abuse and cheated and lied and always under the threat of losing my child I guess in the end I still lose,' Harris wrote, according to the station.
    He also wrote to his son: 'love you **** I was always there just so you know.'
    After his arrest, Harris was treated for minor cuts that police said were self-inflicted.
    In a statement, Bobo's family said 'there aren't words to describe what we are going through and we appreciate all who can help.'
    They have created a GoFundMe page to help raise money for Bobo's sons.

Read more:
    Lake Murray Woman Died With Baby in Her Arms: DA | NBC 7 San Diego
    Man accused of fatally shooting Lake Murray mother in front of her children arrested in Chula Vista - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego
    www.gofundme.com...

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When will black dudes with morals and character become popular amongst women?
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dark skinned men and light skinned women.......smh
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

When will black men as a whole have morals and character. A lot of pretending ass ? out here.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

?
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She was bad too.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

When will black men as a whole have morals and character. A lot of pretending ass ? out here.

ATalentedOne jr.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4 lives destroyed, senselessly
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    MAYBE she was doing him ? ... but he still should not have killed her but some men just can't take that ? and they break and do crazy ? .
  • Ajackson17
    Options

ATalentedOne jr.

Nah, I want black people to stand on morals and character as a whole to protect our communities, develop businesses, to protect ourselves, to trust other black people wholeheartedly. Study West African cultures prior to colonization and how we dealt with business and trading and the intense trust factor and morals and character that we exhibited.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

? probably posted this ? , while on his stomache and his feet in the air,

Shut up ? . Study African cultures and understand why I say that. We can't be acting like devils and expect freedom even if the real devil is destroyed we still uphold his cultural behavior.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When they are taught to, and as a brother transitioning into the stage where you bring children into this world , you have a personal obligation to teach some young brothers how to have morals and uphold them...

Don't be the old head talking ? about the same generation your responsible for raising...exposing your short comings
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

Cs that's why I got me a light skin, darkies be gone!!
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? aint protectors anymore.they ? their gfs and wives over BS
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »

When they are taught to, and as a brother transitioning into the stage where you bring children into this world , you have a personal obligation to teach some young brothers how to have morals and uphold them...

Don't be the old head talking ? about the same generation your responsible for raising...exposing your short comings

I was talking to older people than me @jetlifebih the youth I handle them differently my big brothas I got to talk to them in a certain way if they are lacking specific view.

The fact is that we as a people are lacking in moral structure but this is due to a lack of culture and expectations from us as a community. Which is to be expected ,but I'm tired of the same ol'e saying, when will girls get with good dudes. There are dudes who have a good job, respectful, and etc etc that we would be expect but underneath have corruptible traits. It's what we do in the dark that defines us truly which would come out in the light like this. Sad, sad, sad I'm just sick of our people and especially our women and children suffering.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    MAYBE she was doing him ? ... but he still should not have killed her but some men just can't take that ? and they break and do crazy ? .

Obviouly
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A damn shame, ? these coward ass ? .

RIP Vanessa, and prayers for the kids.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »

Fukkk it..ok what if she was saying he could never see his kids an cheating on him an humilating him...i feel bad for the kids ...but im aware that if u play with people feelings theres a chance people will ? u...people die over a hundred dollars ..u laying in bed some ones telling u they love u an never will hurt u an then they cheat on u...some people cant bare that..
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »

Fukkk it..ok what if she was saying he could never see his kids an cheating on him an humilating him...i feel bad for the kids ...but im aware that if u play with people feelings theres a chance people will ? u...people die over a hundred dollars ..u laying in bed some ones telling u they love u an never will hurt u an then they cheat on u...some people cant bare that..

This is why we have death sentences because you can't keep your emotions in check and get a lawyer or do something then murder someone because they said some crazy ? to you then you are not emotionally stable to be walking around. Plain and simple, now I do agree we need to control our mouths and how we react to people, but there is always another way.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That woman was gorgeous smh.. and they had kids together. I hate hearing stories like this. People just need to learn how to leave when ? gets this rough. Man that's a horrible situation.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    C'mon don't dump this on black men like nut-ass boyfriends aren't the #1 killer of women in general. I'm sure he appeared to have "morals and character" on the surface when they first met. But violence is how a lot of men have an emotional outburst.

Anybody is capable of anything and you often never know for sure until its too late. Scariest thing about life imho.

ATalentedOne jr.

Study West African cultures prior to colonization and how we dealt with business and trading and the intense trust factor and morals and character that we exhibited.

scholars say the West African wars that fueled the slave trade's peak killed something like 4 million.....
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    C'mon don't dump this on black men like nut-ass boyfriends aren't the #1 killer of women in general. I'm sure he appeared to have "morals and character" on the surface when they first met. But violence is how a lot of men have an emotional outburst.

Anybody is capable of anything and you often never know for sure until its too late. Scariest thing about life imho.

ATalentedOne jr.

Study West African cultures prior to colonization and how we dealt with business and trading and the intense trust factor and morals and character that we exhibited.

scholars say the West African wars that fueled the slave trade's peak killed something like 4 million.....

I'm talking pre-colonial. Read the posthumous works of Reverend John Newton and he describes in that era that he lived in during the slave trade and the double dealings and shadowy network the europeans were using.

But back on the topic at hand, if we as a group of people don't unite and take in the good and the bad and correct the bad behavior from within and constantly denounce like there isn't an issue with our brothers and sisters then we are just turning a blind eye. We look at each other from a fringed point of view that we are not united in any form or fashion, but no enviroment can co-exist without multiple things influencing it. So thus we need to accept what's going on and correct these issues then saying she should have gotten with a better dude, she should have known he was crazy and all of this, instead of going at the source of our issues and cleaning ourselves up.