• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dipset the illest crew to do it after WU Tang period
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    What group did it like dipset after them? Name me a another movement...

Bricksquad
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ASAP mob had maybe the potential but they dropped the ball from not having anybody outside of rocky and ferg that were good

Plus rocky kinda not reaching his own potential but that's neither here or there
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    Bricksquad!
    Gucci = cam
    Waka = Jim
    Oj = writer
    Then you had the offshoot bricksquad monopoly
    Plus all the ? Gucci responsible for being in the game
    Migos, thug, longway, etc
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    The bird chains, the camera chains, all the mixtapes
    The state vs. Radric Davis, flockaveli
    Gucci and his myriad of weird ass shades = cam pink obsession
    Bricksquad!
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How u gonna disrespect bone like that?
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Ether44mag , WHO'S THAT IN YOUR SIG ?
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G ? u think chrissy touched it in Miami she dont seem like that...
  • aneed123
    Options
    G ? u think chrissy touched it in Miami she dont seem like that...

She been out there....I believe max
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    How u gonna disrespect bone like that?

Yea that was kinda crazy i thought ? put bone in the tupac classic hip hop list...is like comparing blink 182 to metallica
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was never better than cam, but hotter, who were these other hot rappers during the i can't feel my face time :/

TI
    Game
    Wayne(Carter 3 dropped 1 million in a week)
    Luda
    Rick Ross
    Jeezy
    Flo-Rida

Juelz was hotter than any of these artists?....i'm not talking UNDERGROUND in the streets of Harlem...im talking NATIONWIDE....or how do you want to spin this?.....changing the time frame?(05-09?).....do you want less established artists?....are we just limiting it to strictly NY?...Nas dropper ? ....Jay was still Jay....Fab...50...CAM?....thats 5 from his own state

he wasn't even on the wack ass MTV's top ten that time:
    (2008)
    1. Ye
    2. Jay
    3. Wayne
    4. Ross
    5. Snoop(the ? was singing that year)
    6. 50
    7. Lupe
    8. Jeezy
    9. 3 Stacks

soooooooooooo please explain how and when Juelz Santana was ever hotter than any of the artists i just named?

i'll name 5 that were hot in 05 when his first album dropped::

Ye
    Jeezy
    Bow Wow(Yes Shad was still killin em)
    Nelly
    50 cent
    Snoop (honorable mention cuz Drop it like it's Hot was the ? that year)
    hell the Houston rap scene popped off that year too with Cham, Mike Jones, Slim and Paul Wall doin their thing and JS was no where to be found....except in NY/east coast

• x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    He was never better than cam, but hotter, who were these other hot rappers during the i can't feel my face time :/

TI
    Game
    Wayne(Carter 3 dropped 1 million in a week)
    Luda
    Rick Ross
    Jeezy
    Flo-Rida

Juelz was hotter than any of these artists?....i'm not talking UNDERGROUND in the streets of Harlem...im talking NATIONWIDE....or how do you want to spin this?.....changing the time frame?(05-09?).....do you want less established artists?....are we just limiting it to strictly NY?...Nas dropper ? ....Jay was still Jay....Fab...50...CAM?....thats 5 from his own state

he wasn't even on the wack ass MTV's top ten that time:
    (2008)
    1. Ye
    2. Jay
    3. Wayne
    4. Ross
    5. Snoop(the ? was singing that year)
    6. 50
    7. Lupe
    8. Jeezy
    9. 3 Stacks

soooooooooooo please explain how and when Juelz Santana was ever hotter than any of the artists i just named?

i'll name 5 that were hot in 05 when his first album dropped::

Ye
    Jeezy
    Bow Wow(Yes Shad was still killin em)
    Nelly
    50 cent
    Snoop (honorable mention cuz Drop it like it's Hot was the ? that year)
    hell the Houston rap scene popped off that year too with Cham, Mike Jones, Slim and Paul Wall doin their thing and JS was no where to be found....except in NY/east coast

gotta point there aye
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? in here overrating and underrating dipset at the same time smh
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    @Ether44mag , WHO'S THAT IN YOUR SIG ?[/quote
    taylor hing aka chinesekitty @freshb651
  • uncommonsense
    uncommonsense Members Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol, yall ? funny as hell.

Cam was the truth, Juelz was hit or miss but the songs that hit were knockin'. Why, Dipset Anthem, Who am I etc.

Jims POME is a classic on even though you get that Dre feeling knowing he aint write ? thanks to Stack and Max.

Heatmakerz and Just Blaze laced them ? so tight Dipset coulda' put out a instrumental CDs around that era.

No denying Dipset did their thing, I just hated the pink panther tight clothes wearing feminine gangstas they birthed.

And LOL@Whoever brought up Un Kasa, I always looked at that ? as the Dip' mascot.
  • uncommonsense
    uncommonsense Members Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juelz was hot....but NEVER one of the top 5 hottest in the game at any point in his career...he wasn't even better than Cam at any point in Dipset's run either

I don't know about top 5, but Juelz was getting more exposure than Cam at one point just from being aligned with Wayne. Folks was geekin' for that I can't feel my face collab after they murdered that Dedication track over J's dynasty intro instrumental.

And I hated all Juelz commercial singles but folks was eating that ? up especially with Chris Brown features and such. He was peeking around the second generation of Htown mainstream in like 05. Then again looking back every coast was commercially making good music at that time.

• aneed123
    Options
    Juelz was hot....but NEVER one of the top 5 hottest in the game at any point in his career...he wasn't even better than Cam at any point in Dipset's run either

I don't know about top 5, but Juelz was getting more exposure than Cam at one point just from being aligned with Wayne. Folks was geekin' for that I can't feel my face collab after they murdered that Dedication track over J's dynasty intro instrumental.

And I hated all Juelz commercial singles but folks was eating that ? up especially with Chris Brown features and such. He was peeking around the second generation of Htown mainstream in like 05. Then again looking back every coast was commercially making good music at that time.

Juelz exposure was cuz of cam and Wayne. He had a big buz but it's exaggerated some
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After What The Games Been Missing Juelz had the same potential T.I had after Trap Musik and Wayne had after Tha Carter. He just never got the chance to capitalize on it.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I knew Cam wasn't ? w them ? when he rapped " and music just swallowed my pride (who was there), zeeke the only one with courage to ride" on Purple Haze

No u didnt ?
  • aneed123
    Options
    After What The Games Been Missing Juelz had the same potential T.I had after Trap Musik and Wayne had after Tha Carter. He just never got the chance to capitalize on it.

No he had the buzz but not the talent. Wayne and tip could flow. Santana was new York artists who depended on adlibs aye for example or saying the same word like baby. Hoe selection whole selection etc... fab is the one who really blew it imo
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cam one of the funniest rappers out there with his insults
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I knew Cam wasn't ? w them ? when he rapped " and music just swallowed my pride (who was there), zeeke the only one with courage to ride" on Purple Haze

No u didnt ?

I even made a thread about it punk....that bar always stood out to me
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

No he had the buzz but not the talent. Wayne and tip could flow. Santana was new York artists who depended on adlibs aye for example or saying the same word like baby. Hoe selection whole selection etc... fab is the one who really blew it imo

Fab is a good example.

I always thought Juelz was mad talented tho. His rhyme style included a lot of "swag" that some couldnt vibe with, but he was always able to hold i his own on a track with Wayne, Fab, or T.I. Never would i ask wtf he doing on this song, he outta place.