Official 2017 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Sounds like BYU was the #1 target for the Big XII but BYU would not agree to play any sports on Sunday.
    (Which was workable)

Also, 25 different LGBT groups wrote the Big XII asking to not add BYU becaause of LGBT discrimination concerns.
    SMH

• King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Sounds like BYU was the #1 target for the Big XII but BYU would not agree to play any sports on Sunday.

Also, LGBT groups wrote the Big XII asking to not add BYU becaause of LGBT discrimination concerns.
    SMH

Wow!
  • d.green
    edited October 2016
    Options
    25 LGBT groups send letter to Big 12 urging it to shun BYU
    The groups allege BYU 'actively and openly discriminates against' LGBT students and staff

A coalition of national LGBT advocacy groups is urging the Big 12 not to admit BYU as a new member, FOX Sports has learned.

On Monday, Athlete Ally, a non-profit that conducts LGBT awareness campaigns for sports leagues, and the National Center for Lesbian Rights, sent a letter to Big 12 administrators detailing what they believe are discriminatory policies by BYU, a religious institution owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

In the letter addressed to commissioner Bob Bowlsby, the authors write in part: “BYU … actively and openly discriminates against its LGBT students and staff. It provides no protections for LGBT students … Given BYU’s homophobic, biphobic and transphobic policies and practices, BYU should not be rewarded with Big 12 membership.”

BYU students and faculty are expected to follow the school’s Honor Code, which includes a section addressing “Homosexual Behavior.” While “same-gender attraction” is not itself an Honor Code violation, taking part in a same-sex relationship is.

“Homosexual behavior is inappropriate and violates the Honor Code,” it reads. “Homosexual behavior includes not only sexual relations between members of the same sex, but all forms of physical intimacy that give expression to homosexual feelings.”

Under that definition, an openly ? individual cannot be a BYU coach or athlete unless that person practices chastity. BYU students found to be in violation of the Honor Code can be suspended or dismissed.

Cu_ZYEbVMAQAl2z.jpg
  • d.green
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If Big XII breaks...i see Texas going to Pac 12. When all of the expansion started years ago, they seemed to look down on the SEC academics (outside of Vandy, UF, A&M and Mizzou).

Not sure where OU and Okie State go but their fans say they are a pair due to some law in OK.
    It seems they prefer SEC but feel they need to follow Texas.

I don't see UT & OU splitting though.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the Big XII break up, it's going to be a free for all. And maybe this was one of the reasons why BYU went the independent route.
  • King_MOEbra
    Options
    If the Big 12 breaks up, I hope the Big Ten snags up Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, and Baylor.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the Big 12 breaks up, I hope the Big Ten snags up Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, and Baylor.

I was reading somewhere that if the Big 12 does break up, the Big 10 would not be keen on bringing in Oklahoma State because of their academics.
  • d.green
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I read B1G would want OU (for obvious reasons + NEB rivalry) and Kansas (basketball).
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    If Big XII breaks...i see Texas going to Pac 12. When all of the expansion started years ago, they seemed to look down on the SEC academics (outside of Vandy, UF, A&M and Mizzou).

Not sure where OU and Okie State go but their fans say they are a pair due to some law in OK.
    It seems they prefer SEC but feel they need to follow Texas.

I don't see UT & OU splitting though.

UT and OU will split before OU and OSU. In fact, most people here in the state and at OU (from what Ive heard) want to get the ? away from Texas. We'll play them out of conference.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So LSU is the only team in D1 to hold every team under 21 points and allowed a FBS low 6 TDs

But yet we have 2 losses.

Damn our offense have been ? awful
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    So LSU is the only team in D1 to hold every team under 21 points and allowed a FBS low 6 TDs

But yet we have 2 losses.

Damn our offense have been ? awful

LSU defense + UT offense = would be currently undefeated

LSU offense + UT defense = Kansas

@Beezus
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn game started earlier than expected
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man they had a td
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Our offense is atrocious
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our continued sonning of Miami has destroyed their will to live
  • infamous114
    Options
    Kaaya finally woke the ? up
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn thats tough, that was a hell of a catch
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

3rd straight year they had multiple losses after we beat em straight ate their hearts lls
  • infamous114
    Options
    That was the case with Golden's teams. This team has a garbage o-line that got exposed vs good competition and a rash of injuries when we have 0 depth.
  • King_MOEbra
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    We suck.

I could've told you that.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the ? ? BYU just tried a fake punt on 4th and 19 from their own 3...on a straight up running play from their punter no less. Needless to say it didn't work.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Washington State coach Mike Leach has been fined $10,000 and reprimanded by the Pac-12 for comments he made about Arizona State on Monday.

"I think they still steal signs, and we'll have to keep an eye on that," Leach said. "That is a very unsavory practice they have, so we'll have to do what we can to defend against it."

Leach made similar comments last year about the Sun Devils' attempts to steal signs -- a practice that is not prohibited -- and said the conference should launch an investigation.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

3rd straight year they had multiple losses after we beat em straight ate their hearts lls
    I'd actually like to see the record going back to 2010.

IMG_0946.jpg