Who's Willing to Buy this House for $475,000 in Los Angeles??

Options

Comments

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Im cool with yall who not in the South stayin where you are. But at the same time dude made a great point about the cost of living. And all cities/areas aint the same. There are People living in their own houses, smiling, riding and eating good down here. And not breaking the bank to do it. Just from an every day life standpoint thats huge. That said I understand why an area like LA may be more expensive too. But in the South we got people owning who may not be able to elsewhere. Thats called assets. In other areas wages and such are higher to go along with higher prices. No need to be salty about the South if it really aint your thing.
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    That said this aint for everybody. Someof the people who come down here would probably be better off staying where they are or going elsewhere to another region. I support people staying away and not playing themselves/ruining their situations. This aint for everybody by a long shot.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Terrible investment property. The ROI is ? .
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really wish the pictures would work.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    wouldn't be surprised if they cop the place..

All they can do is buy the ? ...tear it down and make it how they wanna.if they can spare a few million to do it

This could be their greatest project if they take it
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like a SAW movie scene.

I stay in the south bro. $475k is EXACTLY why I'm never leaving.

But it's the SOUTH, bruh. You get certain intangibles by living the Bay, NYC, L.A. San Diego, (and despite the heat and humidity,) Vegas and Miami. The South is cool if you have a poverty mindset and you're into that type of lifestyle, but for urban and suburbanites we like the ? that comes with living in major cities or their metro areas.

As for this overpriced ? , I'm cool on that. Even if you tear the ? down and rebuild it and rent it out, it would be a minute before you got your money back.

The south is cool if you have a poverty mindset?

What makes you think that?

That was some ? ? he just said.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im cool with yall who not in the South stayin where you are. But at the same time dude made a great point about the cost of living. And all cities/areas aint the same. There are People living in their own houses, smiling, riding and eating good down here. And not breaking the bank to do it. Just from an every day life standpoint thats huge. That said I understand why an area like LA may be more expensive too. But in the South we got people owning who may not be able to elsewhere. Thats called assets. In other areas wages and such are higher to go along with higher prices. No need to be salty about the South if it really aint your thing.

https://youtu.be/p9MpmOz4MGg
  • zzombie
    Options
    One of the first houses me and my brothers flipped was worse than that and we still made a large profit.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    One of the first houses me and my brothers flipped was worse than that and we still made a large profit.

If comps in the neighborhood are going for 800k and up then yeah. But they arent. You spend 475 thousand on that. It's a teardown. You rebuild for 375k that includes landscaping and ? . Add in taxes and titles and holding fees you barely break even. From every perspective this is a ? investment.
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this wooden shack in sf was on sale for 350K+ and received 6 offers within 10 days, and now it's going for 400K+

house10.png
    http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Wooden-Shack-in-San-Francisco-Sells-For-408000-336400291.html

this teardown in palo alto (30 mins south of sf) is going for 1.8 mill and has multiple offers even though it's deemed unsafe and uninhabitable

palo-alto-tear-down-house.jpg
    http://blog.sfgate.com/ontheblock/2014/10/24/nearly-2-million-for-a-teardown-in-palo-alto/#photo-543084

if you living somewhere real estate is cheap and bountiful you wouldn't understand. in some communities lot size, and location is worth more than the house. play your cards right, and you could spend like 400K on the property, and another 200K on renovations and end up with a million dollar home, easily
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But it's the SOUTH, bruh. You get certain intangibles by living the Bay, NYC, L.A. San Diego, (and despite the heat and humidity,) Vegas and Miami. The South is cool if you have a poverty mindset and you're into that type of lifestyle, but for urban and suburbanites we like the ? that comes with living in major cities or their metro areas.

As for this overpriced ? , I'm cool on that. Even if you tear the ? down and rebuild it and rent it out, it would be a minute before you got your money back.

? who lives under a rock post^^. This post is comedy
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where do average working people who make under $150k live in L.A., ? I saw some postings for a 2bdr crib in Compton for $600,000. How do you obtain a mortgage? Is everybody renting? Im trying to understand this ? , same question for my NY comrads.
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Condemn that ?
  • zzombie
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    Where do average working people who make under $150k live in L.A., ? I saw some postings for a 2bdr crib in Compton for $600,000. How do you obtain a mortgage? Is everybody renting? Im trying to understand this ? , same question for my NY comrads.

Most people are renting but as a general rule the closer you are to Manhattan or the easier it is to get to manhatten from your location then the more expensive your housing will be.

So parts of Queens and the Bronx is where a lot of less wealthy people have been moving into. But even in the Bx and Queens there are more expensive areas.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's natives of this country that will look @ that house as a blessing.

Be thankful for what you have.....
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The dumbest richest people in the U.S live in California. Place has a history of earthquakes mudslides and wildfires yet people still want to move there build houses off cliffs. I have no sympathy for anyone living in Cali or New Orleans that ? is below sea level smh
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »

in california (and most beach states) prices are higher the closer you are to the ocean and/or city. working class families usually end up moving inland. every other ? in the central valley/inland empire is from the bay, la, or orange county. some move even further out to vegas, arizona, colorado, texas, atlanta, etc.

any broke ? living in a desirable centrally located neighborhood in la, sf, or sj is probably renting, staying with roomates, or living in the house their granny bought for $83 back in 1732 when the ? was affordable... or they're spending 65% of their check making payments on a house they can't afford.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Expensive housing and gentrification are really a result of supply and demand issues.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The south is cool if you have a poverty mindset?

What makes you think that?

A lot of the people I hear that move to areas like CA's Central Valley and Down South do so because it's expensive to live in major metro areas. They're limited by their incomes and they're often settling. They rationalize it be saying the cost of living is cheaper, the lifestyle is slower, and you get a lot of land with your house.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The dumbest richest people in the U.S live in California. Place has a history of earthquakes mudslides and wildfires yet people still want to move there build houses off cliffs. I have no sympathy for anyone living in Cali or New Orleans that ? is below sea level smh

Big ass 6.0 size earthquakes are rare. However wildfires and mudslides are a reality. Personally, I would never buy a house on a ? cliff for that very reason. When El Niño comes, you're ? in the game.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I don't get it. In the south I u got a decent credit score u can get a 2-3 bedroom 2 1/2 bathroom with a back yard and garage for 130k in a good neighborhood. That's like 750$ a month mortgage.... why would u want a 475k fixer upper to to say u in LA?
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I don't get it. In the south I u got a decent credit score u can get a 2-3 bedroom 2 1/2 bathroom with a back yard and garage for 130k in a good neighborhood. That's like 750$ a month mortgage.... why would u want a 475k fixer upper to to say u in LA?

Because ? are vanity slaves.
  • NoCompetition
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I mean some place like LA has things to offer that the South dont. Practically legal weed, less humidity, more liberal (it aint a red state) the Beach, higher wages, etc. there's a lot. Its may just be a better fit. The South aint the place for everybody due to culture and all kinds of different factors. People can move South and not find the opportunities for themselves but have them out there. But maybe a different area in California may be a better choice for some. But that house cost that much due to property values in that area. There's a lot of factors to consider. It "could" be a good idea its possible. I dont have that kind of money to buy it at this time I know that much.
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

some people be so desperate to live in LA that they will pay that money and Rebuild it.Selling it Higher than what they paid for the home.if i got that house im raising that MF high as ? to buy.2 million dollars or better