Ayo , who watches these Madea movies breh?

Options

Comments

• Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's deeper than ppl are comfortable admitting
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall really find this ? funny?

giphy.gif
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He'd like to? ? and do it in silence...no need to announce it
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Marlon Wayans is quietly worse than Tyler Perry if this is the direction we're going in the only place Marlon Wayans doesn't have Tyler Perry beat is volume of movies. 50 Shades of Black set us back 200 years. I walked in thinking I was supporting black films and walked out embarrassed to be in the theater at all.

that was your first mistake

dude's entire career has been spoofs...sans Above the Rim

not to mention the BIGGEST clue of them all, the name of the film is a spoofed title of ANOTHER film

or maybe i didnt understand what you meant by supporting a black film

Birth of a nation is a black film. Fifty shades of Black is not
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why can't he just do it as himself not in character?
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    Whites who support him only do so because he drives home a narrative their conscience agree with; that blacks are merely here to entertain them...no different than the cotton pickers and plantations disguised as sports. Why do you think they voice their displeasure when black athletes use the platform to drive home social activism? Their rhetoric usually is along the lines of "i just want to be entertained, this is not the place for such and such" We're too stupid to see through this narrative

Kat once told me her favorite black entertainer was Wayne Brady cause he smiles just enough
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Marlon Wayans is quietly worse than Tyler Perry if this is the direction we're going in the only place Marlon Wayans doesn't have Tyler Perry beat is volume of movies. 50 Shades of Black set us back 200 years. I walked in thinking I was supporting black films and walked out embarrassed to be in the theater at all.

that was your first mistake

dude's entire career has been spoofs...sans Above the Rim

not to mention the BIGGEST clue of them all, the name of the film is a spoofed title of ANOTHER film

or maybe i didnt understand what you meant by supporting a black film

Birth of a nation is a black film. Fifty shades of Black is not

Yea i aint really seen them other ones outside of the first one.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BAmboozled was so slept on
  • ChillaDaKilla
    Options

Why can't he just do it as himself not in character?

Brotha you know why
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd just like to go on record as saying Denzel Washongton is the trillest ? in hollywood history.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Diary of Mad Black Woman was pretty good imo. Why did I get married was good too. The second one was trash and shoulda never been made. I thought the plays were pretty good as well..

My problem with his movies are they are usually shallow. Its like either you a rich, successful black person or you an abusive crackhead...and the dark skin ? are always the villain lol
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Only time I've seen a Tyler Perry movie is when I go to a ? house and she watching it
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Koltrain wrote: »
    Diary of Mad Black Woman was pretty good imo. Why did I get married was good too. The second one was trash and shoulda never been made. I thought the plays were pretty good as well..

My problem with his movies are they are usually shallow. Its like either you a rich, successful black person or you an abusive crackhead...and the dark skin ? are always the villain lol

wasnt Diary of a Mad Black woman by TD Jakes??
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ? weird, the dude makes chick flicks. A ? watching Tyler Perry might as well watch the Lifetime channel.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Yall ? weird, the dude makes chick flicks. A ? watching Tyler Perry might as well watch the Lifetime channel.

U must not know anything about having a woman in your life
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hJtYVpLAZmI&app=m&persist_app=1
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has a loyal fanbase
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    The simple truth is the major of people go to movie theaters with only one objective in mind; To be entertained

What's "entertaining", of course is subjective

Tyler Perry's success stems from the fact a enormous amount of people find him to be a great entertainer
    giphy.gif

Yep that's why them fast and furious movies be making money
  • ChillaDaKilla
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

wasnt Diary of a Mad Black woman by TD Jakes??

Woman thou art loosed
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    It's seems to be getting worse...it's on the same level as those movie spoofs like superhero movie and epic movie...just horrible lazy slapstick comedy made to appeal to the lowest denominator

The previes and situations always remind me of the Earnest movies. Even the names are similar.

Ernest was my dude when I was little

When in Ernest Goes to Jail they put that ? in the electric chair and he got out and started shocking ? . I damn near died.

Those were some stupid movies.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My parents love his ? . The plays and everything. Mexican / Latina women adore them muthafucking movies too for the black men that's in em. Asked a coworker and her girls Y they watch em and they gave up the truth. NAS: They all love the taste of the ? ! Lol.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watch them ? when they come on tv
    I like watching horrible movies tho
    I like to laugh and say to myself "wtf?"
    I watched 1 of the step ups the other day and was dying thru the whole thing
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd just like to go on record as saying Denzel Washongton is the trillest ? in hollywood history.

who ? ???