Official Drake - "More Life" Playlist Discussion (3.18)

Options

Comments

• BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Cudi and drake but drake has every right to diss that ? mental state, his dead relatives, his kids, whatever
    It's just he has to deal with the consequences and repercussions of what he said
    So if a ? do something to drake behind him talkin reckless so be it
    But that goes for any and everybody
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I jus dont get how pusha been holdin onto a grudge since 05 against youngmoney
  • jniam
    jniam Members Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Idk if its me, but all this new mainstream rap is getting mad demonic. We can chalk it up as lyrics but at some point in time we gotta wake up. First couple lines of that Drakes Sneakin songs says it all. I dont remember it being so blatant a few years back. These 21 savages, young thugs and all of them are just off. Every other track is alluding to some weird evil spiritual stuff, every other track has something about demons this and that.

Ive been taking a real pause/break from a lot of hip hop. It's become less about the music and more about culture, identity and beliefs. People, especially college aged people are basing thier life philosophies off song lyrics.

You are what you consume and I cant be consuming this hip hop stuff anymore man

My .02
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RickyRich wrote: »

exactly.... he emotional in that regard and petty. Thats why Im happy to see Drake go at him. Wayne ? me off playing nice and not dissing hard.
  • RickyRich
    Options
    ? Cudi and drake but drake has every right to diss that ? mental state, his dead relatives, his kids, whatever
    It's just he has to deal with the consequences and repercussions of what he said
    So if a ? do something to drake behind him talkin reckless so be it
    But that goes for any and everybody

Thats wat im sayin . Its all fair games when you dissin someone .
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    jniam wrote: »
    Idk if its me, but all this new mainstream rap is getting mad demonic. We can chalk it up as lyrics but at some point in time we gotta wake up. First couple lines of that Drakes Sneakin songs says it all. I dont remember it being so blatant a few years back. These 21 savages, young thugs and all of them are just off. Every other track is alluding to some weird evil spiritual stuff, every other track has something about demons this and that.

Ive been taking a real pause/break from a lot of hip hop. It's become less about the music and more about culture, identity and beliefs. People, especially college aged people are basing thier life philosophies off song lyrics.

You are what you consume and I cant be consuming this hip hop stuff anymore man

My .02

The devil is about as real as the comic book Christianity is based on.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited October 2016
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    As much as I wanna hear pusha respond he might as well save his energy becuz this ain't gonna do nothing but go the same way it did with budden.... Nothing but a bunch of Drake stans just gonna say he irrelevant and Drake don't gotta response no matter how dope the diss track would be then they gonna be having pusha sum kinda way end up looking bad and taking a L.....if his stans can find a way to give him W's while getting slapped up and ? on you might as well save your bars

Stan is so overused on the IC which is a highkey way of saying Im a undercover hater.

Relevancy is the key. Drake clearly got slapped around by Budden. Budden clearly killed and overkilled it, at the end of the day people still care more about what Drake has to say on a song than Budden and their official album threads prove that.

Its really no different from Kendrick and Big Sean ignoring Papoose, except a hater will choose which narrative to point out and ignore depending on who the object of their desired hatred for is.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? advocates for depressed rappers now. Foh.
  • RickyRich
    Options
    ? advocates for depressed rappers now. Foh.

Drakw usin that scarbo tlk in wanna know lol
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake just put them trks on Apple Music. Album will be Gold by the time it comes out in December
  • franknitti
    franknitti Members Posts: 154 ✭✭
    Options
    Plenty of justifiable be reasons to not like drake but him clapping BACK at Cudi is not one. ? act like he just heard Cudi was in rehab and threw shots first,

Drake reacted.

You don't get to punch a ? and then call timeout cause you have second thoughts emotionally/mentally. FOH. I can't believe the reason has turned soft.
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    RickyRich wrote: »

exactly.... he emotional in that regard and petty. Thats why Im happy to see Drake go at him. Wayne ? me off playing nice and not dissing hard.

calls a guy emotional and petty....proceeds to tell you why he happy about a guy dissing another guy.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as I wanna hear pusha respond he might as well save his energy becuz this ain't gonna do nothing but go the same way it did with budden.... Nothing but a bunch of Drake stans just gonna say he irrelevant and Drake don't gotta response no matter how dope the diss track would be then they gonna be having pusha sum kinda way end up looking bad and taking a L.....if his stans can find a way to give him W's while getting slapped up and ? on you might as well save your bars

Stan is so overused on the IC which is a highkey way of saying Im a undercover hater.

Relevancy is the key. Drake clearly got slapped around by Budden. Budden clearly killed and overkilled it, at the end of the day people still care more about what Drake has to say on a song than Budden and their official album threads prove that.

Its really no different from Kendrick and Big Sean ignoring Papoose, except a hater will choose which narrative to point out and ignore depending on who the object of their desired hatred for is.

No stan is a way of saying what you are as proof of what you just said.... None of what you said has anything to do with response to what I said you just capping... I said pusha might as well save his breathe becuz his stans which have a BIG presence aren't gonna let him win evident by your reply talking bout ppl care about Drake more and his relevance and leaving out any mention of actual rap and bars... That right there would be the narrative if pusha where to respond (who's more relevant) so it's a waste of time becuz it's a set up for him to lose

You basically agreed with me without agreeing with me
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thing is, as far as initiating a battle goes, this is a cool track. It had some cool lines. What's annoying is that Drake won't respond to anything after this. If someone comes really hard, he'll stay quiet, then do an interview 3 years later and say he won the battle off a couple of jabs alone. Dude's way of approaching beef is seriously lame. The only way he'll respond is if someone can really say something that will hurt him (like the initial ghostwriter accusations threatened to do).
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Lol there's no honor in praising a ? who is kicking a man with real life issues when he's down. That's like sneaking up on a ? and sucker punching him with his back turned. But leave it to lil boys to defend another little boy'a behavior. And say YOURE THE SUCKER. Birds of a feather flock together. Too much false bravado from lil boys who probably would never step to any real man

I think it's moreso people saying Cudi can't use being depressed as an excuse to throw stones then hide his hands. He said what he said...it got a response. That's usually what happens when you publicly ? on somebody
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Nah Pusha got plenty of ammo to use against Drake. Hell Drake gave even more with that "im'a call my bros for help" line...but Push will set himself up for failure if mentions copying styles because people just going to bring up him being behind Desiigner aka Future Jr. after spending the past decade dissing Lil Wayne because they both wore BAPE at the same time
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Nah Pusha got plenty of ammo to use against Drake. Hell Drake gave even more with that "im'a call my bros for help" line...but Push will set himself up for failure if mentions copying styles because people just going to bring up him being behind Desiigner aka Future Jr. after spending the past decade dissing Lil Wayne because they both wore BAPE at the same time

He ain't gonna have no more ammo than Meek and definitely Budden had and them ? didn't leave a scratch.... Drake is hip hops Beyoncé and his fans are hip hops Beyhive I can promise you Pusha tries this and it won't end no differently than those ones did we just gonna end up seeing Pusha on a bunch of memes and a bunch of ppl talking bout nobody has cared about Pusha since grindin'..... Book it
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

He ain't gonna have no more ammo than Meek and definitely Budden had and them ? didn't leave a scratch.... Drake is hip hops Beyoncé and his fans are hip hops Beyhive I can promise you Pusha tries this and it won't end no differently than those ones did we just gonna end up seeing Pusha on a bunch of memes and a bunch of ppl talking bout nobody has cared about Pusha since grindin'..... Book it

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake is a cancer to the genre.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Moor life I see u drake
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we really gon castrate Drake for makin fun of Cudi being in a mental hospital huh?

Jay-Z said he left ? on Carmen's backseat. 2Pac mocked somebody Sickle Cell. Ice Cube had some of the most disrespectful bars of all time on No Vasaline. Its a diss record. Almost anything is fair game. But ya'll don't hold Drake to the same standard.

? drake aye
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we really gon castrate Drake for makin fun of Cudi being in a mental hospital huh?

Jay-Z said he left ? on Carmen's backseat. 2Pac mocked somebody Sickle Cell. Ice Cube had some of the most disrespectful bars of all time on No Vasaline. Its a diss record. Almost anything is fair game. But ya'll don't hold Drake to the same standard.

all of them where available to diss back and weren't going through an absolute mental break down i don't think cudi can hop in a booth no time soon none of those things where kicking a fallen artist when they where down kid cudi is washed up