The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It gets harder & harder to troll Cav fans :cry: So this year I am going to ease up
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So one game in, the first game of the season, and the Warriors are all the sudden the Sixers?

You prisoner of the moment ? disgust me.
  • OhioState1987
    OhioState1987 Members Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kp8epf2gq9gr.jpg

Who let this ? see their ring i could've swore this ? said he from Atlanta and rep the A all day .
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    So one game in, the first game of the season, and the Warriors are all the sudden the Sixers?

You prisoner of the moment ? disgust me.

no one here is saying that brah
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just read the thread. As always overreacting like a ? , not just in here but analysts as well. Its just the first game of the season. ? gotta chill out.

With that said, the knicks bench looked suspect but im sure they'll figure it out.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Simmons just Lebron'd Curry

it was Tayshaun Prince first
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    These spurs are like the patriots. Theyplug-in anyone and do not miss a beat. This nig Simmons styled on Golden state last night.

I don't care what you say, Popovich is the new leader of black men.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It been a long time coming but Im ready to see the squad in action tonight. Im disappointed in how the DMo situation is playing out and Im disgusted that we've made it to opening day and Corey Brewer is still on the team but other than that I we had a solid offseason considering the circumstances

I think Harden is going to have a huge year and Dantoni's offense is going to be top 5 in the league but its going to come down to the effort on defense which I think is going to be improved even though thats not saying much.

Our biggest problems are going to be our lack of quality depth, we have injury prone players and the 3 position(at least for now) but Im still cautiously optimistic about this team and think we're going to be better than people think

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrtdb wrote: »
    With that being said, it's only game 1...and they're going to go through growing pains with this new roster. The Spurs aren't exactly the team you want to start the season playing against when you've yet to fully find your identity as a team

Imo its not about growing pains. The offense is already terrific. Its no news, IT WAS EXPECTED.
    Two finals ago they couldnt stop Lebron but win cause he was alone. Last season they still couldnt stop him cause

1 he FIGURED THEM OUT
    2 he got enough help

The warriors have still to FIGURE OUT HOW TO STOP LEBRON JAMES... and KYRIE IRVING. Imagine if Kevin Love turn himself back into all star mode.

Add to the fact that not only the Cavs kept their core, but they got DEEPER in adding Dunleavy aka more bball IQ and more 3 pts fire power.

Now once again the MEDATIC SMOKES CLEAR and we see Javale McGee and Zaza Patchulia in Golden State... lol. Where is the fearsome second unit that kept Curry from spending too much energy?

DEFENSE WIN CHAMPIONSHIP. Ask the light version of GSW aka Runnin gunnin SUNS.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cosign

MAN WHERE THE REACTIONS AT?!?!
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    A few pages back a ? said Melo can't go off... Smh..

@ckfree

2wf1wfq.jpg

that wasnt me

it was brother @toheeb27
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Or Melo is liable to go off..

U guys keep acting like its 2010. Melo's days of "Going Off" on a consistent basis is long gone. Dude scored "over 30 points" only 4 times last season in 72 games. 7 times in 2015 in 40 games. Funny thing is most of those times, he barely got over 30 too.

this comment was on dude mind all this time like toheeb said melo the better version of cedric ceballos or some ?

melo game is aging gracefully

but hes not the same guy he was in 2012

and thats fine

thats the natural progression of things
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

@ckfree

2wf1wfq.jpg

that wasnt me

it was brother @toheeb27

U guys keep acting like its 2010. Melo's days of "Going Off" on a consistent basis is long gone. Dude scored "over 30 points" only 4 times last season in 72 games. 7 times in 2015 in 40 games. Funny thing is most of those times, he barely got over 30 too.

this comment was on dude mind all this time like toheeb said melo the better version of cedric ceballos or some ?

and thats fine

Lmao oh my fault
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    These spurs are like the patriots. Theyplug-in anyone and do not miss a beat. This nig Simmons styled on Golden state last night.

Look at this ?

? you, momma beta is a ? .
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ckfree

2wf1wfq.jpg

that wasnt me

it was brother @toheeb27

and thats fine

Lmao oh my fault

I agree Melo isn't the same guy.. But I do think he has a couple of 40 and 50 point games left in him.. And you still have to respect him offensively.. Cleveland started sending doubles at him last night to slow him down.. That was pretty much the end of the game.. But I digress.. ? @Beta you a funny guy lmao.. I got you son.. hahaha
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

kawhi just rocked iggy to sleep then gave him a bucket

look how he walked iggy down then stopped on a DIME

the man scores from all 3 levels

whether hes got the ball or off the ball

transition
    middy pull
    middy catch and shoot
    off screen
    3 point pull
    3 point spot

not bad for a system player

Nah Khawi is official...but looking at the still of the vid I thought Khawi was gonna hit him with the left to right Iverson crossover
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

its only one game......but she better chill before Draymond finds himself in philly or something
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

its only one game......but she better chill before Draymond finds himself in philly or something

You say that like it's a downgrade or something.

i take it ur from Philly?
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »

Simmons has a crazy and amazing ass inspirational story. Dude literally came off the street to make it into the NBA. Props to that brother.