The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »

i have a cousin pookie and he said this the last go round... and.
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colin Powell says he's voting for Clinton

(CNN)Former Republican Secretary of State Colin Powell said Tuesday he'll vote for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, a high-profile snub of his party's standard-bearer, Donald Trump.

Powell, who also served in the Reagan and George H.W. Bush administrations, backed President Barack Obama in both the 2008 and 2012 campaigns. He announced his plan to a Long Island group during a luncheon.

The announcement was confirmed by Powell's chief of staff, Peggy Cifrino.

Aides informed Clinton of Powell's support after her early-voting rally Tuesday afternoon in Florida. She is grateful for his support, one aide said.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options

People can't even be authentic anymore without being accused of "pandering".

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    who is powell kidding he has voted democrat for the past 8 years.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

you know whats funny... people want people to pander to them.. no matter who its is.. people will pander..seek it and be pandered to.. not all "pandering" is the same .. ala chicken and watermelon..
  • JJ_Evans
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

Which is only three times..........

2008....He rightfully voted against Sarah Palin being a heartbeat away from the presidency as John McCain's running mate.

2012....He rightfully chose his fellow black man (Obama) over Romney

2016....He rightfully voted against Donald Trump's dumb racist ass being the President.

I don't see the problem.............
  • fortyacres
    Options

you know whats funny... people want people to pander to them.. no matter who its is.. people will pander..seek it and be pandered to.. not all "pandering" is the same .. ala chicken and watermelon..

https://youtu.be/nBl0L5R0I_w
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And.

Powell is one of the few Republicans I respect. A common sense republican who's NOTHING like the current establishment.

Honestly if he were to run for president, I would probably consider voting for him. Too bad his party doesn'the really have his back. He's not the fall in line/POE (Party Over Everything) type. He doesn't mind chastising his party when they're on the wrong. He definitely doesn't do the whole talking point bs they do now in front of the cameras.

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »

Which is only three times..........

2008....He rightfully voted against Sarah Palin being a heartbeat away from the presidency as John McCain's running mate.

2012....He rightfully chose his fellow black man (Obama) over Romney

2016....He rightfully voted against Donald Trump's dumb racist ass being the President.

I don't see the problem.............

Legitimate reasons
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Question: have people come at you for having a different view than them of the election? Have you come at people?

Nope i don't know any trump supporters, not even white people I know. A couple white people on Facebook I went to high school with and will never see again, but no one in my real life.

When the election comes up I start talking completely under the assumption the other persons attitude is ? trump too lol. Haven't been surprised yet.
  • JJ_Evans
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rPEOW13CYc

Foxnews republican civil war has began.........

giphy.gif
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

giphy.gif

It's beautiful. Hannity is mad af at republicans who are hesitant to support Trump.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol trump sayin he down to fight biden after biden take him to back of the gym comment
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Yea i watched that ? a lil while ago lol.. hilarious.. Newts a straight up ? lol at their slavish undying devotion to Trump
  • fortyacres
    Options

And.

Powell is one of the few Republicans I respect. A common sense republican who's NOTHING like the current establishment.

Honestly if he were to run for president, I would probably consider voting for him. Too bad his party doesn'the really have his back. He's not the fall in line/POE (Party Over Everything) type. He doesn't mind chastising his party when they're on the wrong. He definitely doesn't do the whole talking point bs they do now in front of the cameras.

im just sayin its so obvious and logical that no announcement is needed.
  • fortyacres
    Options

giphy.gif

its weird that Megyn Kelly has become some sort of likable anti hero in this election cycle.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »

giphy.gif

It's beautiful. Hannity is mad af at republicans who are hesitant to support Trump.

The Republicans who are hesitant to support Trump are trying to get elected / re-elected on November 8th and that means in most cases they have to distance themselves from Trump. This is hilarious because they were riding with Trump throughout the primaries and they have now just started to distance themselves after the "Grab Them Pu77y" mixtape dropped. Democrats have been playing soundbites of them supporting Trump and its hurting the Republicans chances to hold the Senate / House of Representatives on Election Day. Im loving this because this GOP civil war is only going to get worse
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great!

More and more Black Americans are "standing their ground" and "holding their vote" to make Democrats "EARN OUR VOTE"

Meanwhile ... Giving Trump more of a chance to win...

They wait until October to say that?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Donald Trump is leading by 2 points against hillary clinton in Florida

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/26/politics/bloomberg-florida-poll-trump-clinton/index.html

(CNN)Donald Trump has a 2 percentage point edge over Hillary Clinton in Florida, according to a new poll released Wednesday, as both presidential campaigns blanket the critical swing state in a full sprint to Election Day.

A new Bloomberg Politics poll finds Trump ahead of Clinton, 45% to 43% -- well within the poll's 3.2 percentage point margin of error -- in a four-way race among likely voters. Libertarian Gary Johnson gets 4% support, and Green Party candidate Jill Stein draws 2%. For perspective, President Barack Obama won the state's 29 electoral votes in 2012 by less than a percentage point.

Election 2016
    Nation
    World
    Our Team
    CNN.com

Trump has 2-point edge in new Florida poll
    By David Wright, CNN

Updated 8:10 AM ET, Wed October 26, 2016

Story highlights
    Donald Trump holds a slim 2-point edge in a new Florida poll from Bloomberg Politics
    The survey shows both campaigns carry big leads among their core constituencies
    (CNN)Donald Trump has a 2 percentage point edge over Hillary Clinton in Florida, according to a new poll released Wednesday, as both presidential campaigns blanket the critical swing state in a full sprint to Election Day.

A new Bloomberg Politics poll finds Trump ahead of Clinton, 45% to 43% -- well within the poll's 3.2 percentage point margin of error -- in a four-way race among likely voters. Libertarian Gary Johnson gets 4% support, and Green Party candidate Jill Stein draws 2%. For perspective, President Barack Obama won the state's 29 electoral votes in 2012 by less than a percentage point.

That's a significant shift from Florida polling earlier this month, which regularly showed Clinton in the lead. A Quinnipiac University survey -- taken after the the release of the "Access Hollywood" recording of Trump and following the second presidential debate -- showed Clinton leading by 4 percentage points, 48% to 44%.
    Trump's edge is driven by his advantage among Florida independents, among whom he gets 44% compared to Clinton's 37%. Third-party candidates Johnson and Stein combine for 14% of the independent vote.
    Trump and Clinton rack up big advantages among their core constituencies in the new poll.
    Trump wins older voters (51%) and voters without a college degree (50%), and is strongest in more conservative, rural areas and the state's northwest panhandle.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    cazbom5rim07.jpg

Got my vote on. No lines. In and out in 5 minutes
  • fortyacres
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Republicans better find a way to reinvent themselves after this election is over if they want to remain relevant in this country outside local races.

They better also find a way to move more moderate and start at least trying to appeal to Blacks, Hispanics, and other non-White Americans.

They keep pushing these fringe candidates like Ted Cruz, Michelle Bachman, etc that only appeal to a certain demographic
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    early voted

voted for Johnson

felt great