The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Jamaican Curry Bwoy Members Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kp8epf2gq9gr.jpg

Who let this ? see their ring i could've swore this ? said he from Atlanta and rep the A all day .

He's dating a Cavs player now?
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    "roberson shoot the ball man, ? !" - russ lmaooo
    I have a cold and I almost died coughing reading this lmao.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is Anthony Davis about to be the GOAT?
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Jamaican Curry Bwoy Members Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man f*k y'all CORNY nigg*s up in here
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Its early but this is about to become Embiids team real quick
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thunder 1-0 and Warriors 0-1
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    My prediction...

Harden finishes with 34 and 18 assists

This ? is Marty McFly
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Alvin Gentry is ruining AD turning him into a jumpshooter.

i be wondering, do we ever watch the same game

when you say things like this, it makes me think we dont

just say you dont like Gentry and leave it at that.
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Its early but this is about to become Embiids team real quick

Long as he stay healthy
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    AD needs to come home where he'll be appreciated

and get run out of town like the other hometown boy ya'll had?

FOH

stick to talking about toy poodles and ? ...b/c basketball aint ya strongest subject

Damnn
  • AP21
    Options
    Re: pelicans

I honestly dont know what tf people be looking at when they watch the game. "fans" and outside observers.

Crude up in here claiming Gentry turned AD into a jumpshooter and AD taking 20 shots in the first half. Well

1) Want me to show you his shot chart under Williams? The only difference is he's averaging maybe 2 more 3pt attempts a game, if that. I think he was 0/2 last night behind the arc. His bread and butter even with Williams was the 18fter, then using that to drive to the basket if the D overcommited

2) He is the franchise. You want somebody else taking 20 shots in the first half? Next post gon be how people taking shots away from him. Is it oochie wally wally, or is it one mic?

Lost in this is the roster turnover. Nigs was complaining about Gordon and Anderson all last year, and because Hill doesnt light up the box score, you just gonna ignore his defensive contribution which was the primary reason dude was brought in. Despite his lack of box score contribution, i believe he was one of the few players that ended up with a positive rating. But how sway? ? had an off night...lol...it happens

Also, Tim Frazier had a double double and took care of the ball which is what you want from a rotation player playing starter minutes.

Hield played like a rookie, and wasnt spectacular by any stretch. I expect he will settle down and stop overthinking stuff, but it was very evident, he was shook af. Off the top of my head, he was what...2/8?

Moore will have better shooting nights, not worried.

Lance might be the x factor, but he gotta stop doing lance ? . His energy was very welcomed, but he gotta play within the system for his impact to really matter. Terrance Jones too.

Omer is Omer at this point. I was somewhat pleased with his play especially when catching passes under the basket. You can tell that was something they worked with him on in the offseason. Dude finally looks in shape and healthy. I think he needs to be consistent at rebounding, but im hopeful he can be a contributor all season.

Tl;Dr
    its one ? game. Calm tf down...lawd
  • Beta
    Options
    Bulls sign RJ hunter
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yoo harden almost had a 30 20 game like i said lmao damn. just 3 assists away and how the ? the rockets lose??? (went the sleep after the first qtr)
  • AP21
    Options
    yoo harden almost had a 30 20 game like i said lmao damn. just 3 assists away and how the ? the rockets lose??? (went the sleep after the first qtr)

they dont play defense which is a staple of the D'antoni system

they're gonna have to try and outscore everyone
  • Beta
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Top 5

1. Davis
    50 points, 16 rebounds, 5 assists, 7 steals, 4 blocks

2. Harden
    34 points, 17 assists, 8 rebounds

3. Turner
    30 points, 16 rebounds

4. Westbrook
    32 points, 12 assists, 9 rebounds

5. Derozan/Valanciunas
    40 points/32 points, 11 rebounds
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rewatched some of the game this morning and In all actuality the inability to rebound may have been the number one reason why we lost....Im by no means making excuses for our poor defense but the Lakers were making some tough contested shots last night

Regardless in whatever order you want to put them defense and rebounding killed us and the solution to those problems probably isn't on this current roster
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    That Magic defense was garbage last night. Ibaka looks average as ? without Russ and KD
  • AP21
    Options
    That Magic defense was garbage last night. Ibaka looks average as ? without Russ and KD

if anybody should be outraged about players taking jumpers, it should be ilbaka fans. Dude might give you 6 pts from beyond the arc. Is that really the shot you want him taking?
  • Beta
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I saw ibaka last night like "damn you fell off"

Well at least defensively. He averaged 3.7 blocks about 4 seasons ago and his block average has went down each year and last year he was at 1.9

So if the trend continues he's gonna average about 1.5 this year. That could also stem from him developing a three pointer and moving further away from the paint though.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That AD stat line don't make no damn sense lol
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FOH

Rose fell off,couldn't play with jimmy(score 1st mentality,too ball dominant not good at creating offense for others) and the bulls had no intention of re-signing him and he became a non stop distraction .Trading him was actually one of the smarter things the bulls did in years

Enjoy Ad til 2021 he bouncing whoadie and I heard that from someone who grew up wit him and family
  • AP21
    Options

FOH

Rose fell off,couldn't play with jimmy(score 1st mentality,too ball dominant not good at creating offense for others) and the bulls had no intention of re-signing him and he became a non stop distraction .Trading him was actually one of the smarter things the bulls did in years

Enjoy Ad til 2021 he bouncing whoadie and I heard that from someone who grew up wit him and family

yo tommy, this is neither the time nor the place

let me cook