Singing "We shall overcome", toiling on the Democratic plantation

Options

Comments

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    We know what Trump is and he's made his feelings clear about where he stands. We also know what Hillary is too and people see thru her ? . It's funny how the black supporters of these candidates can't see how ? up each individual is. Anyway, the issue is that Trump's nomination if he were to win is bad for everybody, while Hillary will for the most part keep the status quo. Either way ? will be in the same position they're in now no matter who's in office. Unless Hillary or Trump is gonna create policy's for black people that gives us protection against race soldiers; why vote?

What would constitute "protection against race soldiers".

How would a president achieve that?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    We know what Trump is and he's made his feelings clear about where he stands. We also know what Hillary is too and people see thru her ? . It's funny how the black supporters of these candidates can't see how ? up each individual is. Anyway, the issue is that Trump's nomination if he were to win is bad for everybody, while Hillary will for the most part keep the status quo. Either way ? will be in the same position they're in now no matter who's in office. Unless Hillary or Trump is gonna create policy's for black people that gives us protection against race soldiers; why vote?

What would constitute "protection against race soldiers".

How would a president achieve that?

If they really wanted these killings to stop it would've happened by now. They don't care enough to stop it. I already said they need to create policy's and give out harsh punishments to race soldiers who ? unarmed black people.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    There is no legislation on the books or that can ever be create that can deal with white peoples racism and feelings towards black people.

We as black people have to stop looking for and asking for ? like that.

We don't want to change white peoples racism against black people. I don't see where you are getting that from.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is no legislation on the books or that can ever be create that can deal with white peoples racism and feelings towards black people.

We don't want to change white peoples racism against black people. I don't see where you are getting that from.

Where in my post did I say change. I said "deal". People asking and looking for a president, congressmen to propose and enact laws that is going to try and MAKE white people treat black people as they would more than likely another white person. What I'm saying is that ? ain't ever going to happen.

No law can make people treat you fairly or how you want to be treated.

Affirmative Action was enacted specifically for black people but black people aren't even the biggest beneficiaries of something that made specifically for us.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

Where in my post did I say change. I said "deal". People asking and looking for a president, congressmen to propose and enact laws that is going to try and MAKE white people treat black people as they would more than likely another white person. What I'm saying is that ? ain't ever going to happen.

Affirmative Action was enacted specifically for black people but black people aren't even the biggest beneficiaries of something that made specifically for us.

I agree. Its like there are people who seemed to think President Obama was going to fix their problems and "save" all black people or something. Quite naive mentality. I think he's been a great Pres. including for Black people but Thats not what politicians do. Sometimes there is simply a choice for the best option between 2. Who will most likely not cause the economy to crash, start nuclear wars all over the place, not be a disaster, etc. The choices between Democrat and Republican Presidents has been pretty obvious checking the results of the last few. There are very real and obvious reasons people vote for Democrats especially currently.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Net worth of white households in D.C. region is 81 times that of black households

In 2013 and 2014, white households in the D.C. area had a net worth of $284,000 while black households had a net worth of $3,500, the report said. Net worth is the value of assets minus debt.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2016/11/02/net-worth-of-white-households-in-d-c-region-is-81-times-greater-than-black-households/?hpid=hp_local-news_dcnetworth-645am:homepage/story
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Fine, all black people want is justice for wrongdoings against us. Is it wrong to ask the president for some protection?
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Fine, all black people want is justice for wrongdoings against us. Is it wrong to ask the president for some protection?

Never said its wrong.

Its a waste of ? time though.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Never said its wrong.

So if it's a waste of time then why should black people vote for candidates that don't deem it important enough to protect black people?
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    I still can't believe that ? just forgave HER for that crimes bill that ? the black community all up.

With heroin now THEY are doing a pilot program in a couple of states were if a junkie overdoses they will charge his/her dealer with murder and a mandatory minimum 20 year sentence, but they said specifically that they are not targeting the users (white people) just the dealers. Hillary is licking her chops about this ready to fill the plantation that is prison with blacks

Hmmm ....

When you said "HER" ...

Was that code for over 500 White, Black, and Latino, Republican and Democratic members of the Senate, House Representatives, Presidential Adminstration, and the majority of the entire American populous who voted for, endorsed, and voiced their support for the initiative?

Just trying to decode.

And when you said "THEY", were you referring to any specific people or known entities with any association to Hilary Clinton?

Or are we to just assume that every bad thing that anyone may have ever heard about ... is automatically a Hilary Clinton conspiracy.

I thought Presidents can veto a bill/law though?

Did the Bill veto the bill when it arrived to his desk or did he sign off on it?

Did the President say "oh this is a bad idea, we shouldn't go forward wit this bill here"?

• xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trump is the most corrupt candidate to run in modern times, if not ever. So the idea that between him and Hillary she is the corrupt one is just stupid.

Trump’s history of corruption is mind-boggling. So why is Clinton supposedly the corrupt one?

By Paul Waldman September 5

In the heat of a presidential campaign, you’d think that a story about one party’s nominee giving a large contribution to a state attorney general who promptly shut down an inquiry into that nominee’s scam “university” would be enormous news. But we continue to hear almost nothing about what happened between Donald Trump and Florida attorney general Pam Bondi.

I raised this issue last week, but it’s worth an update as well as some contextualization. The story re-emerged last week when The Post’s David A. Fahrenthold reported that Trump paid a penalty to the IRS after his foundation made an illegal contribution to Bondi’s PAC. While the Trump organization characterizes that as a bureaucratic oversight, the basic facts are that Bondi’s office had received multiple complaints from Floridians who said they were cheated by Trump University; while they were looking into it and considering whether to join a lawsuit over Trump University filed by the attorney general of New York State, Bondi called Trump and asked him for a $25,000 donation; shortly after getting the check, Bondi’s office dropped the inquiry.

More at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/09/05/trumps-history-of-corruption-is-mind-boggling-so-why-is-clinton-supposedly-the-corrupt-one/?utm_term=.67ef2b9bf7c5

What you're describing is analogous to the low-level, street "black on black crime" argument.

Crooked Hillary engages in criminal enterprise type crime, on a global scale. The ? you posted is equivalent to low-level street ? in comparison.

The majority of the donors to her campaign come from corporate donors. No doubt they'll be looking for a return on their investment, in the event she's elected. Trump's come from small donors. And the "people" will hold him to account, in the event he's elected.

Do you want public policy written/influenced by Goldman Sachs, and J.P Morgan, or from "We the People?"

https://youtu.be/eXXox8JrtXs

The fact that so many people cannot comprehend that Hillary is on whole other scale of corruption than trump is exactly why we will continue to be ? on in this country by this country

You posted all facts just like I post all facts about Hillary yet these brainwashed ? actually get offended FOR Hillary smfh
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

Never said its wrong.

So if it's a waste of time then why should black people vote for candidates that don't deem it important enough to protect black people?

Because ? don't think about situations....They go and feed into what other folks say on TV instead of doing their own research and understanding their own situations

? wait for ppl to tell them that they aint ? smh..or wait for ppl to tell them that they/this country is doing a good and making progress..

• xxCivicxx
    Options
    Change the date from 1964 to 2016 and we're still in the SAME predicament.

SMH.... Absolutely Incredible.

Why stop there?

We have it worse TODAY than we had it when we were legally constituted as 3/4ths of a person, dont we?

We have it worse TODAY than when our ancestors were slaves and treated as property, right?

-We have the same amount of choice.
    -We have the same amount of opportunity.
    -We have the same legal protections.
    -We enjoy the same access to employment, housing, education, voting rights, public facilities, legal recourse for racial discrimination.

Absolutely NOTHING has changed...

That's your argument?

Our ancestors were tormented, drowned with a fire hose, beaten to death, spit upon, endured life long punishment and unfathomable blood shed to accomplish ...

Absolutely nothing???

All Contrary to Objective History and common sense.

SMH.... Absolutely Incredible.

What has gotten better since the 60s? Please be specific because there were rich/successful black people back then too so that's not a valid argument because MOST black people had a foot on their neck, just like today
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Point blank period it it time for black people to diversify our political thought.

nah..
    we need to consolidate it actually while at the same time not designating it for a particular party..

Man black folks don't even understand that the Democratic party once upon a time..hated black folks...that the Democratic party was for the southern red necks

Truth be told if black ppl know their history, the Republican party was responsible for keeping the black vote alive back in the late 1800s after the Civil War, it was the Democratic party that wanted blacks to stop voting and be removed from the seats in the Senate and House etc.

Not saying that the Republican party now today is what we need to join, I'm saying now today, both parties practice white supremacy, ones the left fang and the other one is the right fang of a snake....and going back to what you stated, we should consolidate our own party with demands/goals we want to see done for the black man/woman

we dont need neither party..
    we need policies..

they eed our vote they know what they need to do..

or we dont vote.. that simple..

? that "lessor of evil" ? when no one means us any good..

/thread
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Never said its wrong.

Now you getting it!
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    why do you guys say "US" like all black people are suffering/unsuccessfull and should think alike politically ? We are not and shouldn't be a monolith hivemind.

Also howcome yall dont elect leaders within your communities that represent this problack party manifesto you want ?, invest in Black businesses and banks, or better yet yourselves rally and form your own "problack" party and court a constituence or caucus.You cry about it on here single everyday might aswell do it yourselves since you have the solutions.

I'm not sure what voting locally has to do with the presidential election

The people don't actually decide who gets to run for president, the people are given a pre-selected list of names to choose from
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    Are people in here trying to act like Trump is a better choice? Really? I might as well step out as I already voted and I didnt vote to be stopped and frisked nation wide, or for loose cannon Republican warmongering or economy collapsing. The markets are dropping at the hint of Trump climbing any amount in polls. Everyone knows it would be a disaster. Some people are self destructive or something. smh. But not all of us.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Aside from being black there are other issues at play when it comes to many people's decision making process when it comes to voting. A lot of you guys are coming of like crybaby simpletons and the fact that you would have the audacity to compare your life now to the life of your ancestors who were living during the Jim Crow era only confirms that.

If you don't want to vote don't vote but don't try to make it seem like those of us who don't want this country being run by a racist, vindictive, woman-assaulting, neo-? capitulating to, reality show starring in, rosie o'donnel & beauty pageant winner beefing with, alleged child ? and possible Russian agent who hasn't even paid taxes in 10 ? years are the ones that are doing something wrong.

Grow up.

What has gotten better since the 60s? Serous question

More importantly, Hillary has been politician for 30 years. What has she ever done for black people?
  • D. Morgan
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Are people in here trying to act like Trump is a better choice? Really? I might as well step out as I already voted and I didnt vote to be stopped and frisked nation wide, or for loose cannon Republican warmongering or economy collapsing. The markets are dropping at the hint of Trump climbing any amount in polls. Everyone knows it would be a disaster. Some people are self destructive or something. smh. But not all of us.

If you actually read the thread and comprehended what you read you would not even have typed that ? .

Didn't even read past the bold because you started off with ?
  • xxCivicxx
    edited November 2016
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    Lord..all I know is November 9th can't come soon enough.

It's gonna be a hell of a night either way.

If Clinton wins, this weirdo (Trump) will say it's rigged.

If he wins, then he'll act the ass and talk a bunch of reckless ? and most likely won't don 90% of the ? he didn't even have a plan to do in the first place.

And the Trump supporters you see on TV will go crazy either way.

---

But what I don't see is what people who make the point like T/S is making will do anything different.

You complain about people voting democrat like there's never been a republican in office. Something supposed to be different ?

You don't think Clinton is a "weirdo" I see that you call Trump one, why not call them both to make it fair and even.

You do know folks can say the same about what Hillary won't do, it's not like she is an angel and hasn't lied before..So she may not do 95% ? of the things she stated she will do.

The Trump supporters and white american are already crazy towards black ppl, what's new..They were crazy when Trump wasn't even running...You don't think white folks was crazy when Malcolm gave that speech in the 60's?

Your last two statements is what we've been talking about this no voting

If you had two fruits on the table, one was a bad apple and one was bad grapes..Will you still eat both?

I'm not trying to be "fair and even", I'm being honest. And honestly, Trump seems like more of a problem for me and the people I'm concerned about. And dude seems like more of a weirdo, and a more dangerous racist to me - just hasn't had as much of a platform, like the presidency, to practice his ? .

How can you not be "fair and even" and still be honest? come on dude...

Fair and even is calling out all ? displayed by both parties, Is that not being honest?

Lol what's so crazy, there is enough of BS that could be said about Hillary if not more smh

Bruh, the ? is simple. I'm not going to make up some ? on behalf of another party in order to seem "fair". If one person is ? up and it's that obvious, then I'm going to call it out.

Did I see Trump stumbling to form a sentence and blurting ? out like he had Tourette's ? Yes.

Did I see Hillary doing it ? No.

Do I know that Trump took out an ad against the central park 5 demanding the death penalty ? Yes

Do I know that Trump still doubles down on those 5 Black people now that they've been exonerated ? Yes

Do I see Hillary not being able to spell out a plan on half the ? she's saying she's going to do as president (whether or not she's really going to do it) ? Yes

Trump ? No

etc...

I'm mindful of factual ? , not taking some speculative ? and running with it like it's fact. If there's some factual ? that I can weigh against Hillary v Trump, it'd be considered obviously.

There's numerous other points and like I said, I compared the 2 and made a decision - not everything is ? ' equivalent.

Ever heard of Pros v. Cons ? ? could be as simple as a MF counting up more Pros for Hillary and more Cons for Trump. It's that hard to understand ? The way you put it is like a MF said Hillary walks on water or some ? .

How about the fact that the Clinton foundation basically destroyed Haiti and stole billions in relief funds the people there?

Trump has done worse things than directly causing the deaths of thousands of Haitians?

Smh this is what I mean. Y'all hate whoever the TV tells you to hate, no personal research efforts made
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    The KKK endorses trump and been making robocalls on his behalf and put him on the cover of their newspaper. Idc who ? vote for in this election so long as it's painfully obvious who shouldn't win.

That would be crooked Hillary.

Is trump not crooked? I'm not understanding why I should think Hillary (or anybody else running, really) is worse than a candidate who unites the KKK and gets the hopes up of all racists. Bad, ok, but worse? *rolls eyes*

If you actually did your research instead of parroting what your TV tells you to parrot you would KNOW that Hillary is MUCH worse smh

You don't mind that she's been caught on record more than once calling specific black people ? ? That's cool/acceptable to you?

Smfh
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Never said its wrong.

Now you getting it!

I've been said it made sense not to vote for either candidates.

Anyway, just because some people don't like Hillary doesn't mean we are lobbying for Trump either. ? Trump.
  • NoCompetition
    edited November 2016
    Options

If you actually read the thread and comprehended what you read you would not even have typed that ? .

Didn't even read past the bold because you started off with ?

You right I aint read this whole thread. Like I said, I already voted to keep the one out who has the policies I stated so its immaterial to me. Obviously one of them is going to get into office. Do I want who by all metrics looks like the worse choice? Uh...let me think...uh...no. Wasnt that hard to figure. So I voted to keep that out. But like I said I already did my part. Never been a voter before but they simply went too far this time. Any way like I said I already voted so I can leave this thread alone and go about the rest of my day.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Never said its wrong.

Now you getting it!

I've been said it made sense not to vote for either candidates.

Anyway, just because some people don't like Hillary doesn't mean we are lobbying for Trump either. ? Trump.

Exactly, where did you get I implied the bold?
This discussion has been closed.