The Official Hip Hop Podcasts & Interviews Thread

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    ? aren't just now talking about Meek yelling...that's been an ongoing joke for a few years now
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread was funny in the beginning.....
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All of this going on and nobody asked, why meek call on Beans in the first place? Both are wrong period, to use each other for a gain
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »
    All of this going on and nobody asked, why meek call on Beans in the first place? Both are wrong period, to use each other for a gain
    Meek didn't call on Beans tho

Beans showed up to the Stu and they got it I'm from there

He ain't ? with Beans like that but Beans battle tested and WANTED to help with the diss so he let him
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In the interview Meek say he ain't call Beans,
    He say they was already in the studio so he just swung through..
  • blackrain
    Options
    It was also funny hearing Meek talk about how stupid he knew Philly rappers have looked over the past year or so with all the beef ? over petty reasons....the interview shows Meek is clearly smarter than he can come across at times, especially with the slave master comparison he used for Drake and Arab...just be better if he put more of that side into his music. It's cool the Rolex and cars are trophies...but people already know you got them. Time to expand that conversation in your music beyond the trophies because majority of people who listen to his music aren't or won't be in a RR or have watches like his. He also needs to decide just how much the street ? matters because he can't keep saying in one breathe how toxic it is yet in another come off as bragging about how much time he spends in them and how many guns he's around, like when he talked about chilling with 21 Savage right before the interview started, it's gotta be one or the other. Either he's with that ? or he's not. Some things you can't straddle the fence on
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »

In the interview Meek say he ain't call Beans,
    He say they was already in the studio so he just swung through..
    ChiCity wrote: »
    Meek didn't call on Beans tho

Beans showed up to the Stu and they got it I'm from there

He ain't ? with Beans like that but Beans battle tested and WANTED to help with the diss so he let him

OK good look. From what Beans said he slid through and the rest is history.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Brilliant Idiots - Why Your Podcast Trappin So Hard? (W/ Van Lathan)
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Cot damn my thumb just got a workout scrollin past all that Meek/Beans ?
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    It was also funny hearing Meek talk about how stupid he knew Philly rappers have looked over the past year or so with all the beef ? over petty reasons....the interview shows Meek is clearly smarter than he can come across at times, especially with the slave master comparison he used for Drake and Arab...just be better if he put more of that side into his music. It's cool the Rolex and cars are trophies...but people already know you got them. Time to expand that conversation in your music beyond the trophies because majority of people who listen to his music aren't or won't be in a RR or have watches like his. He also needs to decide just how much the street ? matters because he can't keep saying in one breathe how toxic it is yet in another come off as bragging about how much time he spends in them and how many guns he's around, like when he talked about chilling with 21 Savage right before the interview started, it's gotta be one or the other. Either he's with that ? or he's not. Some things you can't straddle the fence on

*STEPHEN A SMITH*

You're right.....but you're incomplete....and here's why.....lmaooo

IMO i think at the end of the day it's simple motivation for the youngins that ain't got ? ...yeah a majority of his fans may not obtain it one way or another but that's not the point....he gives them something to strive for and hope that thru hard work and dedication they too can get to where he is at....it's almost similiar to Obama getting elected in '04....no he wasn't gonna change the world much less the black community in 4 or 8 years but what he truely accomplished was igniting the spark for the youth behind us to now dream with no limitations.....Meek is sending dreams of hope to the hopeless......and on top of that why does he have to expand his subject matter so fast?...this is only ablum #2 and he said himself he's still learning and growing....if by album #5(if he makes it that far) he's still on the same ? then you have a point but for now he's not that much in the wrong with his reasoning IMO
  • Go figure
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Drink Champs
    Episode 43 w/ DJ Clue
    http://cbsloc.al/2eFx4JS
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Never knew Clue was Panamanian, we outchea!
  • blackrain
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »

*STEPHEN A SMITH*

You're right.....but you're incomplete....and here's why.....lmaooo

IMO i think at the end of the day it's simple motivation for the youngins that ain't got ? ...yeah a majority of his fans may not obtain it one way or another but that's not the point....he gives them something to strive for and hope that thru hard work and dedication they too can get to where he is at....it's almost similiar to Obama getting elected in '04....no he wasn't gonna change the world much less the black community in 4 or 8 years but what he truely accomplished was igniting the spark for the youth behind us to now dream with no limitations.....Meek is sending dreams of hope to the hopeless......and on top of that why does he have to expand his subject matter so fast?...this is only ablum #2 and he said himself he's still learning and growing....if by album #5(if he makes it that far) he's still on the same ? then you have a point but for now he's not that much in the wrong with his reasoning IMO

Album #2 and numerous mixtapes too...he's had enough writing experience to expand more often than he does...but listening to the podcast and just how much he mentioned it shows mentally he's still in that mind frame so it's no wonder why they find a way into his bars so often. I'm not saying it makes him wack but it does make his music less interesting
  • Moore7s
    Moore7s Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Moore7s wrote: »

Good and late one. Looking more forward to Bdilliant Idiots and The Corner tho.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Budden finally did the Drink Champs interview. I see Gillie Da Kid did a Drink Champs interview too.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Budden finally did the Drink Champs interview. I see Gillie Da Kid did a Drink Champs interview too.

Drop it whenever you see it bro
  • Go figure
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The Donald Trump Episode by Tax Season
    w/Combat Jack & Kenneth Montgomery
  • Go figure
    Options
    Grab America By The ? by The Brilliant Idiots
  • Go figure
    Options
    Drink Champs
    Episode 44 "Fat Joe UP NYC" w/ Remy Ma, Papoose, and more
    http://cbsloc.al/2fGSk3p

Can anybody let me know if this one worth listening to? Dont think I need 10 interviews per year with those guests unless it was after election n theyre talking about it
  • JaDaDon
    JaDaDon Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    Drink Champs

Can anybody let me know if this one worth listening to? Dont think I need 10 interviews per year with those guests unless it was after election n theyre talking about it

Its good, main things from what I remember, the Choke no Joke/Dame story in Paris is confirmed, Remy Ma is def trying to bait a rap beef with a female (really nicki) Other than that its just funny and good convo
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JaDaDon wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    Drink Champs

Its good, main things from what I remember, the Choke no Joke/Dame story in Paris is confirmed, Remy Ma is def trying to bait a rap beef with a female (really nicki) Other than that its just funny and good convo

didnt dame get jumped in london also....

whats wrong with how that ? carry himself...

i never felt an ounce of fear in paris and i was in the hood out in the 13th
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wait wait wait

les halles is around the chatalet station

thats the hood im always warning people about.......lol

yea....its nothing but ? around there....but it aint tough like that...irs in the 4th where all the clubs are....around the latin quarter

it had to be something more that irked them