Meek could be the East coast beast

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does this have the chasers on it?

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek gunna be like "You can cop this album by a personal donation amount anywhere between 50 cents and 2,000 dollars. You decide how much it's worth to you!"

Then every ? just donates 50 cents
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Maybach Music dont believe in letting their music marinate folks. A project drops and within a week the same artist drops another project.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean the way people's attention span is set up, I can see why he's doing this.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I mean the way people's attention span is set up, I can see why he's doing this.

That makes you appreciate J Cole and Kendrick even more. Cole has been eating off of 2014 FHD for almost 2 years, and Kendrick for TPAB. If Meek and any artists for the most part feel they have to drop another project so quickly then the music probably isn't that good, and has little to no replay value.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It makes 0 since for a rapper like meek to go back to back in this scenario. DC4 is still needs more time to marinate and certainly didn't flop as it got positive reviews. Granted if this 4.5 drops in a few months that's fine. But it makes 0 since to drop a 2nd tape within a week or 2 of the first one. Even the futures and Yung Thugs wait a month before they flood the streets.

The point of this tape was to prove Meeks career wasn't dead. That tape proved that. The better strategy would be to let DC4 marinate and work on an actual full album to drop early next year or next summer.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It makes 0 since for a rapper like meek to go back to back in this scenario. DC4 is still needs more time to marinate and certainly didn't flop as it got positive reviews. Granted if this 4.5 drops in a few months that's fine. But it makes 0 since to drop a 2nd tape within a week or 2 of the first one. Even the futures and Yung Thugs wait a month before they flood the streets.

The point of this tape was to prove Meeks career wasn't dead. That tape proved that. The better strategy would be to let DC4 marinate and work on an actual full album to drop early next year or next summer.

I'm still bumping DC4 a week later so that's a win. I wouldn't mind a 4.5 Thankgiving time.