Who handled rap beef the WORST?

Options

Comments

• whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac has a classic line on a classic song:

"Run a train on Mobb Deep. Don't ? with me.
    ? you barely living. Don't you got sickle cell?
    See me, have a seizure on stage. You ain't feeling well."

Years later, Jay Z would immortalize Prodigy both on stage and on wax:

"I don't care if you Mobb Deep, I hold triggers to crews.
    You little ? , I've got money stacks bigger than you
    When I was pushin weight, back in eighty-eight
    you was a ballerina I got your pictures I seen ya
    Then you dropped "Shook Ones," switch your demeanor
    Well - we don't believe you, you need more people"

Where are Prodigy's classic and memorable responses? Exactly.

And Yung Berg said something about Detroit rappers which got his chain snatched. His chain would go on to tour more than Berg ever could, changing more hands than a dollar bill.

This picture of Yung Berg's chain is so etherous:

seiwjsimjxlyqqnpbiop.jpg

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well who shot ya was recorded with Keith Murray in 93..so unless this hit was planned by biggie a year in advance or he was a psychic you're wrong on that. Second did you hear the lyrics on who shot ya or are you just going by the title which is only titled that way cause that's the first line of the song?

What's directed at pac? Hard to creep them Brooklyn streets? No cause he was shot in Manhattan. Electric tape around your daughter? Pac had a daughter? Nah. So if this is such some big diss track what were the obvious pac lines?

Pac was shot in 94 Murray recorded his own version to replace the version for Mary's album the version in question used a preexisting beat and some preexisting lyrics but was later extended and mastered for Biggie to keep due to the content being to hard for Biggie. How does any of that change that the kats that Jacked and robbed Pac not only had their foot on the neck of Badboy but also used it as a manuscript in part with the release being timed to ? on Pac because he ? them off by not allowing himself to be extorted like Puffy and his crew. I mean ? so much game about Henchman, Haitian jack, Dexter Isaac and various others has been exposed over these 20 plus years that your ignorance has to be willful at this point. But do you stupid is as stupid does...

Aight but what are them lines tho, stop dodging my question. It's a simple one
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    And pac was not shot because he didn't want to be extorted by them lol this exactly what I meant when I told you to look up info before you start sounding like a smartass like you always do my ? smh
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ja Rule
    And pac was not shot because he didn't want to be extorted by them lol this exactly what I meant when I told you to look up info before you start sounding like a smartass like you always do my ? smh
    Motherfuckaz said they were disciplining him what the ? do you think that means? They gave him some jewels and took him around town than they thought they could run him and Pac was not going to be played like that because he did not want to be Extorted like Puffy and company. Same Kats had a financial interest in a lot NYC artists but at the time the Main bread winners were Badboy. Again all public Knowledge spin this however you want you just playing the sucka role for no reason at this point but do you...

• a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac was shot for running his mouth to the press and then drug his beef with those ? into rap....Simple as that...Like 5 said ? in the east didnt take that ? seriously cause it was b.s from the start.....
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Motherfuckaz said they were disciplining him what the ? do you think that means? They gave him some jewels and took him around town than they thought they could run him and Pac was not going to be played like that because he did not want to be Extorted like Puffy and company. Same Kats had a financial interest in a lot NYC artists but at the time the Main bread winners were Badboy. Again all public Knowledge spin this however you want you just playing the sucka role for no reason at this point but do you...

Listen you said who shot ya is a diss to pac, I've asked you to post which lyrics and still you dodging my main question to argue some other ? that you are also wrong about. Don't come back without the answer to my question. Again it was a simple one. You smart right?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Pac might not got extorted by Jack and them but he ended up ? by Suge instead
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    RTD dropped in September, which means the songs were probably compiled in July....Dude got shot in November, right?.....
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I don't see why 2Pac isn't one of the choices.

Pac was the first rapper to alienate people and make people pick sides. Anybody who was rolling with Pac in 96 isn't doing anything now.

There are only a handfull of ? that are still relevant from 96 Snoop, Dre, Puff im sure i missed 1 or 2 but that a terrible argument.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill
    I'm not understanding how Biggie handled it bad.

He virtually ignored Pac. Going to California was extremely stupid, but him getting killed was a matter of circumstances more than rap beef with a man that was already dead.

Nope dissing pac after he died then performing in Cali =long kiss goodnight for himself
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yung Berg
    Went with Berg, but could've easily went with prodigy and them mobb ?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    I'm not understanding how Biggie handled it bad.

He virtually ignored Pac. Going to California was extremely stupid, but him getting killed was a matter of circumstances more than rap beef with a man that was already dead.

He went to L.A. in hopes his presence would ? the East vs. West beef. Which was nothing more than a Hip hop beef.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    Biggie and the east coast came away looking super weak from that beef.....no one responded to tupac and tupac had too much influence even on the east coast that it made a lot of new York rappers a running joke back then

@ the bolded. You obviously weren't hip to mix tapes in that era.

And Mobb Deep responded to Pac with Drop a Gem on Em. It was a single.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Meek Mill
    Biggie and the east coast came away looking super weak from that beef.....no one responded to tupac and tupac had too much influence even on the east coast that it made a lot of new York rappers a running joke back then

You've posted those mixtapes multiple times and each time you get the same response...they were weak as ? .....drop a gem on em was lukewarm at best

But what I mean is biggie. Jayz. Nas....sort of forgot about Mobb deep
  • 5 Grand
    edited November 2016
    Options

You've posted those mixtapes multiple times and each time you get the same response...they were weak as ? .....drop a gem on em was lukewarm at best

You're bugging if you think Doo ? 's mix tapes were "weak as ? ".

In fact, I can't take your opinion seriously. ? had NYC on lockdown from 95-98 until DJ Clue took over in the late 90s and then Kay Slay from about 01-05. After Kay Slay the internet kind of replaced mix tapes as far as being the primary outlet for new music.

But yeah, white kids in the suburbs might have been getting their info from The Source and/or Yo! MTV Raps but Doo ? tapes were like gold. They still are.

in fact, @bck145 name ONE Doo ? tape from 95-98 that was "weak as ? ". Here's a link to most of his tapes from that era. I'll wait.

http://www.f-yourmixtape.com/dj-doo-? /
  • bck145
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Meek Mill

In fact, I can't take your opinion seriously. ? had NYC on lockdown from 95-98 until DJ Clue took over in the late 90s and then Kay Slay from about 01-05. After Kay Slay the internet kind of replaced mix tapes as far as being the primary outlet for new music.

But yeah, white kids in the suburbs might have been getting their info from The Source and/or Yo! MTV Raps but Doo ? tapes were like gold. They still are.

in fact, @bck145 name ONE Doo ? tape from 95-98 that was "weak as ? ". Here's a link to most of his tapes from that era. I'll wait.

You just want one? 95live....new York wasn't putting out the quality back then....we've gone over this

Of course the tape has a song or two but for the most part...pretty terrible
  • 5 Grand
    Options

You just want one? 95live....new York wasn't putting out the quality back then....we've gone over this

You're Crazy. Datpiff voted 95 Live as the best mixtape ever. Here's the link;

http://www.datpiff.com/busta-Doo-? -Live-95-Voted-Best-Mixtape-Ever-mixtape.165315.html
  • bck145
    Options
    Meek Mill

You're Crazy. Datpiff voted 95 Live as the best mixtape ever. Here's the link;

http://www.datpiff.com/busta-Doo-? -Live-95-Voted-Best-Mixtape-Ever-mixtape.165315.html

Cool
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    @bck145 serious question. How old are you and do you remember the mixtape scene in the mid 90s?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Bck is a white boy from the burbs. No one takes him seriously, why you arguing with him lol
  • bck145
    Options
    Meek Mill
    @bck145 serious question. How old are you and do you remember the mixtape scene in the mid 90s?

I'm not going down this road.....that has nothing to do with the quality of the music

I could care less who had new York on lockdown...I don't care who sampled who....none of that ? matters
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Bck is a white boy from the burbs. No one takes him seriously, why you arguing with him lol

Yeah anybody who says, "95 Live is weak as ? " is irrelevant.
  • bck145
    Options
    Meek Mill

Yeah @5grand why argue with me? Built 4 will tell ya...I've ran circles around him plenty of times....it doesn't end well
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill

• smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And here we go again with Doo ? . Fact is Pac was ? on NYC on commercially released platinum records that EVERYONE could here. NYC responds by putting out tracks on mix tapes only NYC can hear. You can see how that is an L for NYC right? And Mobb Deep was too scared to say Pacs name on Drop a Gem on Em. Plus P begged to have his verse taken off of LA,LA. The Mobb didn't want it with the westcoast.