How do people like Phonte and Cannibus Live? (Do some rappers have day jobs now?)

Options
MazterChef
MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
I really wanna know i cant believe all of these guys are still rich especially people like jean grae or 9th wonder, or even people that had big hits how do they live now?

Comments

• J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    A lot of them especially Golden Age rappers stay paid touring. Europe loves Hip Hop so does Asia.

My boys brother in law has all his sales in Europe
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostwriting, touring overseas, selling merchandise to their core fan base, investments.
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its true most rappers are broke all you have to do to get a good idea is read prodigy's Infamous book (or listen to it on youtube) they were living ordinary lives until after Murda muzik that when they got a little comfortable ,during Infamous and Hell on earth they had just enough to buy fly clothes ,some jewels ,regular cars and live in appartments
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Funny ? is, some of these independent artists are richer than these big name rappers. Tech9 got more money than most these ? . Joe Budden's up there too.

yep when you are independant you get around 5$ per cd while you get about 60 cents per cd when you are signed ( standard contracts) AFTER the label recoups...shows is where they get their money from
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Most rappers are broke and rap doesn't pay the way you think. Greg would tell you himself, most rappers rent their jewellery and have it insured (in case they get robbed), cars are rented, etc. Only the top 5% of rappers actually make any money and most of the masters are owned by labels. Rap is largely smoke and mirrors and sales don't equate to financial success and haven't since 2007, rappers make 90% of their money from touring and endorsements. E-40, Slim Thug, Wiz Khalifa, Chamillionaire, 50 Cent, Master P, Tech N9ne, JT The Bigga Figga, Ludacris, T.I. these rappers understood that which is why you see them on social media still being able to stunt the way they do. The rest of these rap ? is broke.

? are so stupid they believe these ? are millionaires when they have no hits, no albums, no tours, but are walking around in Gucci and have 6 chains on - the label paid for that and they'll have to pay them label back eventually SMMFH.

This ? gets it
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THey get overseas money
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    Some of these rappers wisely flipped their money into business ventures

Not everybody ends up like Amil working at wal mart

wait she works at walmart now? No way.....
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Independent is the way to go
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most rappers are broke and rap doesn't pay the way you think. Greg would tell you himself, most rappers rent their jewellery and have it insured (in case they get robbed), cars are rented, etc. Only the top 5% of rappers actually make any money and most of the masters are owned by labels. Rap is largely smoke and mirrors and sales don't equate to financial success and haven't since 2007, rappers make 90% of their money from touring and endorsements. E-40, Slim Thug, Wiz Khalifa, Chamillionaire, 50 Cent, Master P, Tech N9ne, JT The Bigga Figga, Ludacris, T.I. these rappers understood that which is why you see them on social media still being able to stunt the way they do. The rest of these rap ? is broke.

? are so stupid they believe these ? are millionaires when they have no hits, no albums, no tours, but are walking around in Gucci and have 6 chains on - the label paid for that and they'll have to pay them label back eventually SMMFH.

I'm sure that Hell Rell has more money than you

Hell Rell still riding the train and getting dissed by random white boys. Sion ain't a broke oss neegha b

d0p1276281ug.jpg

NY is a big place, you meet a lot of rappers on trains.

Shout out to Brian Pumper. NH.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »

I'm sure that Hell Rell has more money than you

Hell Rell still riding the train and getting dissed by random white boys. Sion ain't a broke oss neegha b

d0p1276281ug.jpg

NY is a big place, you meet a lot of rappers on trains.

Shout out to Brian Pumper. NH.

Met Pumper last time I was in Cali.

He had that same dusty tank top and gave off a weirdo vibe.

I know a lot of famous people in NYC take the train. I'm just saying you prolly wouldn't see Juelz, Jones or Cam on one.
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im remember fat joe saying back in the day, that he saw melle mel in nyc coming home from work doing construction
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    All I know is that chamillonare won

Shout out to Chamillionaire
  • MazterChef
    MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know a dude that swears Hell Rell signed a 50 million dollar deal with Koch. I wanted to slap that ? to Bolivia

lmaoo