The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Josh Smith signed a deal to go play in China
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I never seen somebody that young and healthy fall off like this
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    It's usually them headcase ? that end up in China during their prime.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lance Stephenson next
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detroit has been very solid on defense at home holding 4 straight opponents in the palace to under 90 points but they have to improve the road performances -- nearly every measureable stat is worse on the road for them which isnt crazy unusual but with something like rebounding those road performances are unacceptable (theyre still ranked top 5 though)

i just think the clippers are good

really really really good

they look to be the best team in the west through the first 2 weeks

theyve had stretches of greatness before but them playing this kind of defense make it feel different
  • ckfree
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    It's usually them headcase ? that end up in China during their prime.

im still surprised that andray blatche hasnt signed with anyone

hes 30 but he left the nba at 27 i think

out all the knuckleheads that laced it up for the wizards he was like the most productive
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

He got a knee issue his athleticism is damn near gone
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Some players like Rondo won a championship too early imo. He got his contracts off the strenght of his Celtics times.
    You dont see that hunger, that heart and pride of a champion in him.

And what the hell is that jumper?!!
  • Beta
    Options
    Phil Jackson hasn’t been pleased with the New York Knicks’ performance on offense — particularly with the amount of times the team has run the triangle offense — during their 2-4 start, league sources told ESPN. New Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek has tried to speed up the offense this season and hasn’t run much of the triangle in the first six games. After watching the Knicks’ win over the Chicago Bulls last Friday, one Eastern Conference scout said the Knicks ran something out of a triangle set only a handful of times. – via ESPN

According to sources, some Knicks players have expressed their displeasure over the offense because they feel it doesn’t suit their personnel, particularly point guard Derrick Rose, who has traditionally thrived when using pick and rolls. During his time as Knicks president, Jackson has on occasion said he’d want his teams to run the triangle. But there have been occasions where he’s said he just wants his team to have a system to operate out of half-court sets. – via ESPN
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Home and home with San Antonio next up. Ill be happy with a split. Dont know whos gonna slow down Aldridge. Kawhi gonna put the clamps on Harden? Most likely lol
  • Beta
    Options
    One week after Boston Celtics big man Al Horford suffered a concussion during an off-day practice, coach Brad Stevens said the 10th-year veteran has not progressed in the NBA’s concussion protocol and he is uncertain when Horford will return to basketball activities. Horford, who signed a four-year, $113 million contract with the Celtics over the summer, has missed Boston’s past three games. The concussion was diagnosed Tuesday, after he experienced nausea while attempting to practice a day after absorbing an inadvertent blow to the head from a teammate. – via ESPN

Lol SOFT
  • ckfree
    Options
    Some players like Rondo won a championship too early imo. He got his contracts off the strenght of his Celtics times.

when you WATCH that man in the MIRROR and see your YOUNG self

DAGGER to the HEART
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Josh smith aint young he been in the league for 12 years
  • ckfree
    Options
    phil determined to run the triangle

in the bulls/knicks game the knicks simplified their offense

it was more pnr

less tri rigidity and guess what

players PLAYED and gave better effort on D (could have been the revenge factor though)

run more down screens, pin downs, pnr
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't take too much stock in the warriors "struggling" to beat the pelicans, close games do happen no matter how good u are
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »

He got a knee issue his athleticism is damn near gone

That's why I always say skills>>>>>>>>athleticism. But you can't tell cat's that, all they want to see is ? jumping out the gym
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    detroit has been very solid on defense at home holding 4 straight opponents in the palace to under 90 points but they have to improve the road performances -- nearly every measureable stat is worse on the road for them which isnt crazy unusual but with something like rebounding those road performances are unacceptable (theyre still ranked top 5 though)

i just think the clippers are good

really really really good

they look to be the best team in the west through the first 2 weeks

theyve had stretches of greatness before but them playing this kind of defense make it feel different

Let em sleep.Clippers have held 6 out the 7 teams they faced this year under 100 and 4 under 90

Their defense is elite and they're rebounding they couldn't rebound for nothin last season.I bet they go to the wcf this year only injuries will stop that.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No rondo has always been trash.Bostons big 3 hid his deficiencies

He can't shoot,can't score,doesn't defend/plays lazy defense and slows down offenses cuz he dribbles the air out the ball lookin for assists.This dude gets the same defensive treatment noah gets.I've been saying FOR YEARS rondo is mad overrated.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't take too much stock in the warriors "struggling" to beat the pelicans, close games do happen no matter how good u are

It's cuz their ball movement is not the same
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He can't shoot,can't score,doesn't defend/plays lazy defense and slows down offenses cuz he dribbles the air out the ball lookin for assists.This dude gets the same defensive treatment noah gets.I've been saying FOR YEARS rondo is mad overrated.

I agree. I never thought he was THAT good. He just hid behind other great players. When the team was in his own hands, he quit on them
  • Beta
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Josh smith aint young he been in the league for 12 years

Josh Smith was coming off the bench for the rockets at 29 years old...That's not young?
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Josh Smith can still be serviceable but he has to be in situations that give him a chance to be successful.

Play him strictly at the 4
    Have him come off the bench
    Let him be more of a playmaker
    Accept that hes going to take a couple of bad 3s
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That was my point. He has tasted success without working hard for it. Plus the media doesnt blast him enough for that.