The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When is the next episode of Bill Mayer?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think it's this friday.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The first 2years should be ok

Obama has some nice polices in place (hopefully he gets the credit)

But the last two. I don't know. Hopefully we don't getin a hole that's to big.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Now ? will stop looking to government for help or handouts and start realizing that we are in a racial cold war white people are going to be saying some very insensitive mean ? for the next 4 years.... but i predict that Donald trump won't be as racist or evil as many black people think he is.

Well legislation will get passed because every the democrats are ? and won't obstruct.
    The people from the Bush years will return, I keep stressing, presidents set agenda, Ivy League lawyers in admin do the work. So that will mean civil rights dept will be ? , bank regulations will be ? , neocons hawks will return.
    My fear is a combination of tax cuts and spending cuts (while increasing defense) will happen.
    I'd prefer corporate tax cut, close loopholes, increase tax on the top by 1%, increase the social security limit AND cut spending across the board.

I don't know man trump is so ? unpredictable but for some reason despite his rhetoric i just don't see my being warlike. Taxes will be cut AND i have no doubt about that
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    almost 30% of the latino/hispanic vote went to Trump and same for Asian

65% went to Hillary in both groups also

the blame cant be placed solely on latinos and asians even though more of them voted for Trump than was predicted which is a damn shame and disgusting seeing as Trump ? on latinos and mexicans constantly

the major blame needs to put on anglo saxton white women they voted for Trump in droves these are the same white women that are doing the hiring in HR positions, nurses, engineers, and day to day women we see. They basically fell in love with a bigot sexist pig smfh

thats the real issue
  • elgato
    elgato Members Posts: 216 ✭✭
    Options
    elgato wrote: »
    2008:
    Barack Obama got 69 million votes. John McCain got 60 million votes.

2012:
    Barack Obama got 65 million votes. Mitt Romney got 60 million votes.

2016:
    Hillary Clinton got 60 million votes. Donald Trump got 60 million votes.

This election was lost because Democrats gave the election to Republicans. We didn't vote. And that's the frustrating part. So many Dems kept whining about how they weren't motivated by Hillary. Well, congratulations. You've now got Donald Trump and his anti-Black Lives Matter platform.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that a lot of people hated Hillary and didn't want to vote for her? You put up those numbers without any sort of context. Obama got a lot of independent votes and even some Republican votes Hillary didn't get. He was a better candidate. They went through it all night last night. It wasn't like Trump was pulling areas that have always been Democrat. He basically won the majority of the places that go back and forth. So it was not about the ? Democrats. It hardly ever is. It was about those middle of the road people, that's why these elections always come down to who wins the swing states.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that it's not about Hillary Clinton. You're not voting for her to be your best friend. It's about policy. It's about the Supreme Court. Donald Trump will now select 2 Supreme Court Justices. He'll hire Rudy Guliani as the Attourney General who will support stop and frisk as well as support cops who are accused of profiling/murdering black men. Trump will not seek out minimum wage raises or student loan debt forgiveness.

A lot of Trump supporters don't like Trump or things he's said. But they voted for him because they understood what was at stake. You idiots on the other hand were ignoring what was at stake and instead made it personal.

So congrats on not voting for Hillary because you didn't like her. Your kids' future will pay the price.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    one thing is for sure...a lotta white folks are going to be REALLY REALLY bold with their bigotry not realizing that the majority of black folk aint the ones from the 50's and 60's

i suspect a lotta cacs gon get they chin checked in the coming months

i hope cell phone camera is around to upload it to worldstar
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    White people ? up

Cwzfi7XWIAEW-Cl.jpg:large

Not surprising.

They're still the majority in this country.

So if they come together and get on the same page, it's not gonna matter how many of us vote.....they're still gonna win because they've got the numbers.

Especially with 30% of the latino vote.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree it's gonna be like the first 2. Years of Obama's presidency hopefully

Wrong
    First two years of Obamas was productive
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wrong

Very,considering the circumstances
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2008:
    Barack Obama got 69 million votes. John McCain got 60 million votes.

2012:
    Barack Obama got 65 million votes. Mitt Romney got 60 million votes.

2016:
    Hillary Clinton got 60 million votes. Donald Trump got 60 million votes.

This election was lost because Democrats gave the election to Republicans. We didn't vote. And that's the frustrating part. So many Dems kept whining about how they weren't motivated by Hillary. Well, congratulations. You've now got Donald Trump and his anti-Black Lives Matter platform.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that a lot of people hated Hillary and didn't want to vote for her? You put up those numbers without any sort of context. Obama got a lot of independent votes and even some Republican votes Hillary didn't get. He was a better candidate. They went through it all night last night. It wasn't like Trump was pulling areas that have always been Democrat. He basically won the majority of the places that go back and forth. So it was not about the ? Democrats. It hardly ever is. It was about those middle of the road people, that's why these elections always come down to who wins the swing states.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that it's not about Hillary Clinton. You're not voting for her to be your best friend. It's about policy. It's about the Supreme Court. Donald Trump will now select 2 Supreme Court Justices. He'll hire Rudy Guliani as the Attourney General who will support stop and frisk as well as support cops who are accused of profiling/murdering black men. Trump will not seek out minimum wage raises or student loan debt forgiveness.

A lot of Trump supporters don't like Trump or things he's said. But they voted for him because they understood what was at stake. You idiots on the other hand were ignoring what was at stake and instead made it personal.

So congrats on not voting for Hillary because you didn't like her. Your kids' future will pay the price.

My point went completely over your head. I wasn't talking about me. I was talking about what happened last night. Those people weren't voting for Trump or Hillary to be their friends. You see Hillary and think she was the lesser evil of the two. The majority of the people in the middle disagree with you. They saw Trump as the lesser evil, so it absolutely was about Hillary. The fact that she was hated is exactly what made Trump so palatable to a lot of people.

I'm not saying Trump winning was good for anyone. I full expect his presidency to be a trainwreck, but some of you are just being silly and misrepresenting how he got elected. That serves no purpose at all.

And once again, I didn't vote. I admit that. I live in MD. MD went blue. Hillary still lost. Again, it's sad that ya'll really don't understand how this ? works.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He gon be a whiny little ? about it lol
  • Mr.LV
    edited November 2016
    Options

It was only productive because he had Democratic majority for the first 2 years after that it was all down hill from there.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got damn! Everyone's up in their feelings today over a racist old white elite not winning the presidency. I'm looking forward to jobs coming back to the working class which means black communites, and no more giving our resources to illegals.

Anyone seen JJ_evans this morning?
    tumblr_static_filename_640_v2_zpskr9kxy5b.gif
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

Wrong

Ehhhhh
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/ve7g_ibjh3c

since the ? ? on the board don't like when i say it..
    lets see what they gotta say when Malcolm says it...

GOAT
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    honestly reading thru some of these posts......yall ? still trynna find humor in this ? ....

i just hope ? dont hit the fan before yall get ya ? together.

nothing is funny...

nothing.

a man who ? ? , cheated on taxes, invited the countries mortal enemy to chill with him during an election run, dont like black people, wants to build a wall to keep out immigrants but its ok to fukk one, who is ok with cops shooting black and harrassing black even when they are rooting for him.

this is the man in charge of the most powerful nation in the world....economically, and military wise....

this ? requires jokes right now?

i hate to agree with @BOSSExcellence right now.....but the fat ? is right...

if this is what it take to make you ? wake up.......that in its self is sad...an yall still playing an joking.

the swiss news is killing us right now.......they shredding the american mentality...i dont understand french and didnt get to the german channels yet.....but we looking flaby and sick.

a dude with no experience on a global level is in charge of the globe.....

how long before people say .....he didnt keep his word about jobs?
    how long before he lines his one pockets making deals with our enemies?

i feel bad for all those who think this ? wont effect them.

i can retire tomorrow....i have properties in other countries and dont ever have to come back to the states....

if you aint living like this.....you need to be more serious about this ? .

its one thing for a candidate to not care about you....but its another thing for a candidate to not want you in your country of birth.

just saying..

Word, I got a nice big house waiting for me in Panama chillin just in case some ? goes down. Ima be on the next flight like

giphy.gif

I got dual citizenship in Panama too. Last night my wife asked me seriously if I'd consider moving our family there.

U were born there?
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I predicted this in both this thread and the debate thread...

After the last debate...EVERYONE was talking about Trump and nobody was talking about clinton...for pretty much the entire election cycle...yall called me crazy...

But most ppl dont follow these things closely...they only know trump and either will vote for him or against him...more ppl voted for him than for hillary its really that simple...

As far as the black vote...its interesting...if blacks wouldve voted for clinton in the same numbers they did obama...nc, pa, and maybe fl wouldve made it really close...

But the fact of the the matter is that nobody of color i know cared about hillary...i think the general consensus on trump was slight amusement...dont think blacks not voting doesnt matter...we stayed home because we didnt care or trust hillary and we were indifferent or slightly interested or conflicted about trump...
  • elgato
    elgato Members Posts: 216 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My point went completely over your head. I wasn't talking about me. I was talking about what happened last night. Those people weren't voting for Trump or Hillary to be their friends. You see Hillary and think she was the lesser evil of the two. The majority of the people in the middle disagree with you. They saw Trump as the lesser evil, so it absolutely was about Hillary. The fact that she was hated is exactly what made Trump so palatable to a lot of people.

I'm not saying Trump winning was good for anyone. I full expect his presidency to be a trainwreck, but some of you are just being silly and misrepresenting how he got elected. That serves no purpose at all.

And once again, I didn't vote. I admit that. I live in MD. MD went blue. Hillary still lost. Again, it's sad that ya'll really don't understand how this ? works.

Wait. You didn't even vote? You're as much of an idiot as Colin Kaepernick is. You have no room to talk.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got damn! Everyone's up in their feelings today over a racist old white elite not winning the presidency. I'm looking forward to jobs coming back to the working class which means black communites, and no more giving our resources to illegals.

Anyone seen JJ_evans this morning?
    tumblr_static_filename_640_v2_zpskr9kxy5b.gif

you joking right?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    Clinton concession speech is on.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wait. You didn't even vote? You're as much of an idiot as Colin Kaepernick is. You have no room to talk.

You "Every Vote Matters" people are funny and stupid, but think what you want. People like you are why Trump is in office.