Options

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UivyT8nZVx8

Jus binged season 1 of FX's Better Things. I only gave this a watch off the strength of Baskets and Man Seeking Woman. I'm glad I gave it a chance this show is funny af. great cast and real good writing. The middle daughter is a g lol.

The oldest daughter gotta fat ass. (no juelz21/no ? )

@BangEm_Bart

you been watchin? any thoughts? I'm digging the show, its funny af imo.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's pretty good
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    m1kdbaj52pu2.jpg

Mr.church. .starring Eddie Murphy set in the 70s Murphy plays a cook who is hired to cook for a cancer sick woman and her 10yr old child ......it follows the friendship that develops between him the the two women ..

• Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oasis-Supersonic-poster.jpg

Oasis Supersonic documentary, Been waiting to see this for some time now and it did not disappoint...10/10 for me.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD_kCKiSkoI

jus finished s4 of Halt and Catch fire. Jus like Rectify and The Americans, another critically acclaimed show that no one watches. Great season tho. Cameron be killin it w/ the ? expressions. lol
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen Moonlight (2016) over the weekend

It chronicles the life of a young black man from childhood to adulthood as he struggles to find his place in the world while growing up in a rough neighborhood of Miami

I give it a B

The story was a little formulaic, but I'd give the acting an A

Mahershala Ali aka Cottonmouth did a great job

And Naomie Harris deserves Oscar consideration

Janelle Monae, had a small role, but she also killed it
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oasis-Supersonic-poster.jpg

Oasis Supersonic documentary, Been waiting to see this for some time now and it did not disappoint...10/10 for me.

Dope, i had no idea they had a doc released. Gonna be on the lookout for that for sure.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Barbershop 3: The Next Cut - seeing all these HipHop Artistes in it sparked my attention and it was a nice touch of them highlighting the gun violence in Chicago...

Zoolander 2 - not anywhere near Part 1 and was a totally unnecessary sequel. The cameos by famous celebrities was OT too..

Total Recall (1990) - enjoyable and silly with the dated sci-fi design

The Expendables 2 - a massive '? you' to Hollywood with ageism concerning middle aged actors who were relevant in the 80's/90's .. the weaponry used in these films are amazing

Annie (2014) - second time watching it. It's cheesy but enjoyable all the same

The Secret Life Of Pets - Kevin Hart a fool. LMAO. That bunny made the movie. My 2 year old nephew's current favourite movie

Deadpool - seeing it for the first time. Seemed not to take itself seriously as a superhero/comic book adaptation with the dead pan humour but the subplot involved a love story; the types you see in romcoms

Blood Father - Mel Gibson as an ex-con/gang biker who comes out of hiding in the wilderness to save his daughter who's in trouble with the cartel... I liked it. Gibson killed it

Money Monster - George Clooney plays a TV show host who analyses financial and money matters and one day gets held hostage by a loner who lost all his savings to a dubious stock buy he got from the show. Julia Roberts is his producer who aids him along the way to freedom. Directed by Jodie Foster

Turbo - again courtesy of my nephew and niece... a snail who loves speed dreams of taking part in Motorsport and triumphs. Characters voiced by Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson

Meet The Blacks - hood take on The Purge movies. Hilarious in some parts. And an array of (Black) comedic talent...
  • rip.dilla
    edited November 2016
    Options
    99 Homes - understated drama about the housing crisis that followed the financial crash of 2008. Deals with foreclosures, estate dealings and the breakdown of the middle-class income bracket. The story was based in Florida and stars Michael Shannon (great actor) as a capitalist hawkish estate agent and Andrew Garfield as a construction worker who becomes his protégé. It was written, produced and directed by Iranians I think funnily enough..

Elvis & Nixon - film inspired by the real life meeting one day between Elvis Presley and President Nixon in the Oval Office in 1970 following Elvis' desire to become an undercover federal agent.. stars Michael Shannon (again) as Elvis and Kevin Spacey as Nixon

The Accountant - new ? . Stars Ben Affleck as an autistic mathematical genius who audits the books of high profile organisations eg the mob but who's also a hitman of sorts. Technically brilliant and enjoyable especially the set pieces involving gun fights however the plot was a bit contrived and confusing at times. Dude was an accountant, ex-con, hitman and military officer in the same movie. 3/5
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched finding dory.. good ass movie b lol
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Saw the arrival and almost Christmas ..liked both
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched The Accountant I really enjoyed it kinda like batman meets rain man

The twist was a let down, my own predictions were better
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been on my animated ? lately. Watched secret life of pets and kubo. Enjoyed both
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

tcusmdi0ztc5.jpg
    A

Robin Williams is great as the creepy villain (he does it expertly in One Hour Photo and the best ep of Law & Order SVU). Pacino is great here too (as usual).

The story is dope, I like that the two main characters are so similar but positioned differently.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I've been rewatching house of cards...Francis Trump in this ?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    tcusmdi0ztc5.jpg
    A

Robin Williams is great as the creepy villain (he does it expertly in One Hour Photo and the best ep of Law & Order SVU). Pacino is great here too (as usual).

The story is dope, I like that the two main characters are so similar but positioned differently.

Such a dope movie. That ? aint no joke either in the summertime up here. Unless you got some good ass curtains it can be hard AF to fall asleep. Be looking like midday sometimes at 3 in the morning some parts of the year.

Winter time is the worst. Right now this time of year, i go to work in pure darkness. Once i get off of work, the sun has already set and barely any light in the sky. By the time i get home (20 min drive) it will be fully dark out.

No matter how long you live here the daylight changes effect you hard every year lol. Summer all jolly af, winter depressing af.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Yesterday i checked out:

pervert-park-poster.jpg

Documentary on Netflix about a small community of Sex offenders that have been released from Prison and are trying to get back to every day life. Due to their offenses a lot of them are unable to live in a lot of area's so there was a small trailer park created that is full of nothing but sex offenders.

Movie was hard to watch. The people starring in the documentary go into a brief history of their childhood then give the details of the crimes they committed. All of them committed HORRIBLE crimes. They did their time in prison and are now trying to live and the documentary shows a lot of the struggles they deal with personally/emotionally, and from the law/probation officers.

I guess the purpose of the doc is to show the struggle they have to deal with after prison, but it is incredibly hard to feel even a little bit sorry for any of the people interviewed. The crimes were disgusting. Its not a bad doc though and if you're in the mood to watch something ? up, give this a try.

maxresdefault.jpg

Also watched this, "Memoirs of and International Assassin" with Kevin James. I dont know if it was because i had just finished watching that ? up doc, but i didnt care for this movie too much. It had a few laughable moments but nothing too hilarious. Film is about an Author of Spy/Crime novels who ends up getting involved in some mission for a government in South America somewhere because he's such a good writer they think he can actually help in some way. I may have to give this a second watch as i didnt pay too much attention to it, but the female co star in the film is sexy af.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    MASCOTS_1sht_US.jpg

Watched this ? over the most recent weekend. This ? was a pretty funny movie. Its a "Mockumentary" following a handful of mascots from all over the country who attend this annual competition and they all have their own personal issues and hilarious mistakes are made along the way. I liked it. If you smoke weed, this is definitely one you will want to be high for!
  • pimped_out_red
    pimped_out_red Members Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guardians of the galaxy is on tv right now, groot is savage af..second time watching this and paying more attention to him
  • pimped_out_red
    pimped_out_red Members Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    MASCOTS_1sht_US.jpg

Watched this ? over the most recent weekend. This ? was a pretty funny movie. Its a "Mockumentary" following a handful of mascots from all over the country who attend this annual competition and they all have their own personal issues and hilarious mistakes are made along the way. I liked it. If you smoke weed, this is definitely one you will want to be high for!

Any weed movie recommendations are appreciated!
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    MASCOTS_1sht_US.jpg

Any weed movie recommendations are appreciated!

There is a hidden gem on netflix called "Kid Cannabis" about these nerdy white kids that cross the border into Canada to buy weed and bring it back into America to sell. Its a pretty funny movie but also a really good movie.

d-0418-can1-jpg.jpg
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched Godzilla. Why was Cranston even in the movie?
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched A (crazy white) ? the train. White people ain't ? .
    I flinched when ol girl got slapped out the game tho lol. That was od.
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    The Best Man Holiday - sequel to the 1999 movie with everyone returning and set on Christmas. I liked it...

Nocturnal Animals - new film by fashion designer Tom Ford. Saw it at the cinema with my sis. It's basically a story within a story: one a love story and another a violent thriller. One set in Los Angeles and another in Texas. Stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Shannon alongside Amy Adams. It was cool
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Watched the godzilla that came out in the early 2000s forgot how trash it was disgusting

Also watched blade 1 & 2 ..dope