Official - A Tribe Called Quest "We got it from Here...Thank You 4 Your Service" (11/11/16)

Options

Comments

• sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That track Enough is so smooth
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    _Jay_ wrote: »
    bout halfway through it...def fiyah emoji, sounds like their old work

? stealing my shtick.

5 flame emojis
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout outs to Yeezus on The Killing Season. I'm glad he found his way onto this album.
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
  • d1al_t0ne
    d1al_t0ne Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Options
    I needed this ? after that ? election. For all the folks who always whine about today's hip hop make sure you cop this ? .... support more of what you like.
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lost somebody almost had me like this

tupac-crying-o.gif
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Yeah busta was so good on this
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Their performance on SNL solidified this album as the best of the year. Great album. Phife not being here just hit me with this album. I wish Kanye would've had an actual verse, but they didn't need it. In terms of quality of music, this generation needs to catch up with the 90's Rap Superheroes...
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The killing season got me like
    xgmf4bzpx87e.gif

I keep going back to the killing season. Jarobi and Cons did they thing on this track
  • whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Now that I've had a couple of days to digest this album (I have been listening it to it non-stop both on headphones and on a booming system), I think this might be the album of the year.

The production is insane! Wasn't sure what to think when I heard a couple of those songs with the "reverb effect" but it is like they are paying homage to both the past, the present, and the future with their production. They brought in EPMD's deejay (the legendary DJ Scratch) to add that classic scratch sound on a couple of songs, I felt the "reverb" was a shout-out to the classic "dub style" reggae sound (as well as both Busta and Phife chattin' on a few songs), they had a couple classic J. Dilla sound effects for a nice subtle nod to him, Jarobi was surprisingly nice with the flow and Consequence (who I didn't really like on 'The Love Movement') really stepped up his game on this album. (EDIT: Con was actually on 'Beats, Rhymes and Life' not 'The Love Movement')

In fact, it is almost like they made a dope album for old and new fans alike but they added a few extra layers that only the die hard Tribe "stans" would pick up on as well. This is a deeply-layered album and I keep picking up on new things after each listen. (i.e. the "Killing Season"... Kanye's chorus is a true triple entendre... dope)
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bump this in Headphones 4sho
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea im willing to call it AOTY so far
  • Fosheezy
    Options
    This the type of stuff and albums Lupe was "supposed" to be dropping when he came out but...lol

So Q tip had to come through and bring it.

? is too good.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Easily...

But I'm bias af in this matter...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh solid wall of sound is ? fireeeeeeee
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Bruh solid wall of sound is ? fireeeeeeee

Yes, ? . Yes.
  • Fosheezy
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    This the type of stuff and albums Lupe was "supposed" to be dropping when he came out but...lol

So Q tip had to come through and bring it.

? is too good.

Lupe still makes good music to me. His last album was excellent sonically...

He good

he a good artist in general...but his decisions smh....like, in terms of "style", I think he make too many adjustments. It's like he put too much energy in trying to go against what might be expected of him musically... ? ain't even that complicated but he makes it complicated...
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Only a single listen so far. I still have 'The Coloring Book' leading, but this Tribe album is fire.......