The new #1 song in America is...

Options
13»

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The IC hate mainstream good music. Reason no one comes to this part of the board.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    The IC hate mainstream good music. Reason no one comes to this part of the board.

This is simply not true
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    andre_1024 wrote: »
    These two lil ? make bangers idc what y'all say lol

Lmfao this the type of song that is considered a banger these days, no wonder I rarely check for new music.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Utter trash.....? with Mike Will and Sremm but outside the hook it's garbage. Gucci is trash fat or skinny.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »
    I knew swae lee was a star when i first seen these dudes, was apparent at that breakfast club interview

And now its all but confirmed, dude going to break away and go do his own thing.

Its like watching a less talented outkast.

Bruuuuuuuh :joy:
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    I remember Mike Will (on Breakfast Club) saying that the reason he signed them is b/c they can do ANY genre of music. He basically wanted to introduce them as a "rap" duo, but he just wanted the the rap ? to come first so they would have a solid/firm fan base and then teaspoon the listeners their "other side" of music so that people will "get" them.

Very smart on MW's part b/c these dudes will be big if they keep it up! Of course they ain't lyrical, but they're actually good song writers. That's hard to do for any artist, but especially @ their young age. Salute to dem boys!

Lol if you think they write.
  • Hendrix_NoJimmy
    Hendrix_NoJimmy Members Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Options
    I remember Mike Will (on Breakfast Club) saying that the reason he signed them is b/c they can do ANY genre of music. He basically wanted to introduce them as a "rap" duo, but he just wanted the the rap ? to come first so they would have a solid/firm fan base and then teaspoon the listeners their "other side" of music so that people will "get" them.

Very smart on MW's part b/c these dudes will be big if they keep it up! Of course they ain't lyrical, but they're actually good song writers. That's hard to do for any artist, but especially @ their young age. Salute to dem boys!

What makes u think they didn't
  • The Recipe
    Options

Why would someone need a ghostwriter for these lullabies these ? dropping these days.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slim Jimmy murked this ? !
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall trippin I like jimmys verse lol.

"Black Beatle ? me and Paul McCartney related"
    giphy.gif

He easily had the best verse
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Recipe wrote: »

Why would someone need a ghostwriter for these lullabies these ? dropping these days.

I'm sayin' doe!

So since they're young and got some extra catchy hooks, they can't write it?? lol.... B/c I'm pretty sure u weren't talkin' about those sophisticated bars they got (/sarcasm).

Btw, they have writing credits on all their songs. Only other people who have writing credits along w/ them is the producer/beatmaker.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't Sway Lee write Formation for Beyonce?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I downloaded their album. Can't ? with nothing but Look Alive and Black Beatles. I'm getting old lol.
  • The Recipe
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Will says Swae Lee was credited as a co-writer on the track, which Will produced, having contributed its central lyric—“O.K. ladies, now let’s get in formation”—during a freestyled songwriting session at Coachella

Its crazy how ? have so much information at their fingertips, but still will run with anything they hear and do no research.
  • The Recipe
    Options
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

not really.

he said the "ok ladies now lets get in formation" part during a freestyle and they ended up recording it and one way or another, the demo got to beyonce.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    This is college party music bruh