The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    LOLOL just keep the electoral college as is. ? only hate it when their candidate isn't picked. Just go out and vote and stop making excuses.
    yup.
    or remember that a non-electoral college election might have different campaign methodology.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Yet as soon as they gentrify a black community crime seems to magically stop.

No. Crime has been dropping for decade on its own after the ? epidemic of the 80s.

The residuals of ? has been blight, unemployment, mental health crises, homelessness, increased poverty, mass incarceration and all kinds of social ills.

Gentrification usually comes with increased police presence, but only in the gentrified area
  • janklow
    Options
    Name a president that did have the best interests of blacks in mind. I'll wait.
    going with "technically Lincoln" because he made a whole bunch of Southern states immediately secede in a huff
  • janklow
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Hillary Clinton Blames F.B.I. Director for Election Loss
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/13/us/politics/hillary-clinton-james-comey.html
    Hillary Clinton on Saturday cast blame for her surprise election loss on the announcement by the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, days before the election that he had revived the inquiry into her use of a private email server.
    literally will never take responsibility for her own ? -ups
    VIBE wrote: »
    Hillary needs to just disappear
    fixed it
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    a.mann wrote: »
    LGBT dems vs black dems

Which was pandered to more?

Which has seen greater progress these past 8 years?

that should tell u something

Interesting questions

I think to really hammer home your point you may what to give a detailed lists of all the
    special laws,civil rights,liberties and privileges that ? have and black people don't.......

cosign zzombie's response to u regarding my post and also..

..while unarmed or complying black men are still being targeted and killed in the streets by law enforcement, men in dresses are getting their own bathroom rights and 'safe spaces' at universities across america.

I think you are conflating 2 very different issues

There is no law that can be written or Executive Order issued that will sedate white supremacists hatred of us. Not when you have 10s of thousands of racists in all levels of government and law enforcement.

That's just not a realistic or fair burden to place on one man's shoulders

im not talking about one man im talking about a whole party that invites black people to get on stage, sing and dance, tell them to tell their community who to vote for then ignore them for the next 4 years.

hillary smeared obama, when she runs theyre best buddies. they did bernie ? and now he's coming to her defense. the hypocrisy and pandering is so blatant its ridiculous. their running theme was "we're not trump, vote for us". not to mention the obvious media propaganda not only on the major news networks but multiple hit shows. their pro establishment agenda was set in plain view out of desperation, i couldnt help but not vote.

American Politics are ? .
    American Politics are ? up.
    American Politicans are hypocritical.

This subset of issues represent a MAJOR problem in this country.

We need to address it.

But, we will not solve this problem overnight.

More importantly- the aforementioned is NOT my primary concern.

Personally, I am not willing to sacrifice progress on issues that matter MOST to my family, my race, and the country as a whole - to take a stand on something that is secondary.

? politicians.

I'll be candid.

If we NEVER perfect our government and our electoral process, BUT we are able to make progress as a country; equal the playing field for Black people...

I DONT GIVE A ? .

I don't idolize these people.

They are a means to an end.

That doesn't mean that we can't work to clean up Washington and reform the system; because that impedes our progress...

But I am not going to SACRIFICE our progress to do it.

That is counter productive

yet and still...the reluctance of blacks to vote for Hillary as they did for Obama may have had something to do with her advocacy of the crime bill that farther disenfranchised blacks so.....theres that
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Name a president that did have the best interests of blacks in mind. I'll wait.
    going with "technically Lincoln" because he made a whole bunch of Southern states immediately secede in a huff

Yeah but he didn't have the best interest of blacks in mind. He had what he thought was the best interests of the country in mind.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    LGBT dems vs black dems

Interesting questions

I think to really hammer home your point you may what to give a detailed lists of all the
    special laws,civil rights,liberties and privileges that ? have and black people don't.......

..while unarmed or complying black men are still being targeted and killed in the streets by law enforcement, men in dresses are getting their own bathroom rights and 'safe spaces' at universities across america.

There is no law that can be written or Executive Order issued that will sedate white supremacists hatred of us. Not when you have 10s of thousands of racists in all levels of government and law enforcement.

im not talking about one man im talking about a whole party that invites black people to get on stage, sing and dance, tell them to tell their community who to vote for then ignore them for the next 4 years.

hillary smeared obama, when she runs theyre best buddies. they did bernie ? and now he's coming to her defense. the hypocrisy and pandering is so blatant its ridiculous. their running theme was "we're not trump, vote for us". not to mention the obvious media propaganda not only on the major news networks but multiple hit shows. their pro establishment agenda was set in plain view out of desperation, i couldnt help but not vote.

We need to address it.

Personally, I am not willing to sacrifice progress on issues that matter MOST to my family, my race, and the country as a whole - to take a stand on something that is secondary.

? politicians.

I'll be candid.

If we NEVER perfect our government and our electoral process, BUT we are able to make progress as a country; equal the playing field for Black people...

I DONT GIVE A ? .

That doesn't mean that we can't work to clean up Washington and reform the system; because that impedes our progress...

yet and still...the reluctance of blacks to vote for Hillary as they did for Obama may have had something to do with her advocacy of the crime bill that farther disenfranchised blacks so.....theres that

This is about the FUTURE not the past.

My dude, damn near the ENTIRE NATION supported the crime bill at the time.

Bernie Sanders actually voted for it.

Hilary did not.

It's so easy to ignore context.

We have to stop sensationalizing and painting things with a broad brush.

I couldn't care less about enacting revenge on someone ... what does that solve?

Why not use that someone to improve my future?

Instead of cutting off my nose to spite my face.

The assumption that Hillary would be so much better from blacks than Trump is what kills me. What is that based on? Trump might get in there and ? the country up, but I don't believe that his time in office will be much worse for black people specifically than it would have been for Hillary, is for Obama, or was for Bill.

cosign but the fact that she panders to and relies on the votes of blacks she needs to do more and promise more than she does. i think killer mike is saying sitting an election out to show black ppl arent buying it will force her and future dem nominees to have to take them more serious and actually acknowledge and do more

What did she promise?

Do you know?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Yet as soon as they gentrify a black community crime seems to magically stop.

No. Crime has been dropping for decade on its own after the ? epidemic of the 80s.

The residuals of ? has been blight, unemployment, mental health crises, homelessness, increased poverty, mass incarceration and all kinds of social ills.

Gentrification usually comes with increased police presence, but only in the gentrified area

Point exactly. Crime can be stopped if they truly cared to stop it.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2gm4lhcuuc0q.jpg

He's a Republican though
  • Go figure
    Options
    LGBT dems vs black dems

Interesting questions

We need to address it.

? politicians.

I'll be candid.

I DONT GIVE A ? .

This is about the FUTURE not the past.

My dude, damn near the ENTIRE NATION supported the crime bill at the time.

Bernie Sanders actually voted for it.

Hilary did not.

It's so easy to ignore context.

We have to stop sensationalizing and painting things with a broad brush.

hillary: “They are not just gangs of kids anymore. They are often the kinds of kids that are called ‘superpredators.’ No conscience, no empathy. We can talk about why they ended up that way, but first we have to bring them to heel.”

bernie: "…it is also my view that through the neglect of our Government and through a grossly irrational set of priorities, we are dooming tens of millions of young people to a future of bitterness, misery, hopelessness, drugs, crime, and violence"

also

"It's a big bill and had a lot of stuff in it," the Vermont senator said on CBS' "Face the Nation" Sunday. "It had the ban on assault weapons, something that I believed firmly."

Sanders noted the massive 1994 legislation had beneficial provisions targeting domestic violence.
    I couldn't care less about enacting revenge on someone ... what does that solve?

Why not use that someone to improve my future?

Instead of cutting off my nose to spite my face.

who is talking about 'exacting revenge'? I simply felt she was as ? a candidate as trump. diff between them 2 though is shes inconsistent and flip flops to cater to her audience.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Donald Trump Considering Linda McMahon for Secretary of Commerce

Linda McMahon, former CEO of WWE and wife of the wrestling league's chairman Vince McMahon, is reportedly being considered by president-elect Donald Trump for the job of Secretary of Commerce.

According to NBC News Connecticut, the two-time Republican Senate candidate and longtime friend to Trump has been linked to his transition team and was heavily involved in his presidential campaign. She attended the Republican National Convention in July, where she fraternized with House Speaker Paul Ryan and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and was declared a GOP mega donor. Campaign filings reveal that McMahon infused a Trump super PAC with $6 million in August and September.

In addition, Linda and Vince McMahon have donated $5 million to Trump's charitable foundation.

McMahon's support for Trump has wavered over the course of the campaign. Back in March during an Yahoo interview with Katie Couric, she said that she found Trump's comments about women "deplorable." She further stated, "He’s not helping, certainly, to put women in the best light. Maybe he regrets [his comments], maybe he doesn’t. I realize he punches hard when he punches back, but that’s just over the top."

In September, McMahon told the Associated Press that Trump was not her first choice to become the next president, but she changed her mind because she deemed him "a vessel that has housed this anger and this dissatisfaction” throughout the U.S. She also talked about her personal friendship with Trump. “Once you're his friend, he is loyal to the end,” she added. “He's an incredibly loyal, loyal friend.”

• Go figure
    Options

What did she promise?

Do you know?

$25B to HBCU's? Dont remember anything else but her and trump both seemed a little dodgy when asked about black communities during one of those debates. But list the others if there are more
  • Go figure
    Options
    u dont think its kinda funny that they included all that other ? with the crime bill? almost as a way to make it hard to not vote for it. Biden drafted the bill btw.
  • Peace_79
    Options

who is talking about 'exacting revenge'? I simply felt she was as ? a candidate as trump. diff between them 2 though is shes inconsistent and flip flops to cater to her audience.

Yep ...

We just gonna have to agree to disagree, fam.

r1nag2k3z7g2.gif
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trump gets her in?

ROFL
  • Go figure
    Options

Yep ...

We just gonna have to agree to disagree, fam.

r1nag2k3z7g2.gif

was that so hard?
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    This thread is hilarious from the overreactions of the Hillary supporters to the absurdity of the Trump stories post election
  • Peace_79
    Options

What did she promise?

Do you know?

$25B to HBCU's? Dont remember anything else but her and trump both seemed a little dodgy when asked about black communities during one of those debates. But list the others if there are more

Wow.

You should click through her website, fam.

It ? and giggles, anyway. Donald Trump is our new president.

But for someone so vehemently against her as a candidate ...

To say that she needs to:

"Promise MORE than she does"

You are pretty uninformed about we she was actually promising to do.

• Go figure
    Options

What did she promise?

Do you know?

Wow.

You should click through her website, fam.

It ? and giggles, anyway. Donald Trump is our new president.

But for someone so vehemently against her as a candidate ...

To say that she needs to:

"Promise MORE than she does"

You are pretty uninformed about we she was actually promising to do.

promises are promises bruh. we will never know what might have been but im not judging her based on what she promises but rather her track record and the shadiness of her campaign (and no im not saying trumps was better nor supporting him in any way)
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

smh. ? killer. dude was makin great points. Then he said he voted for Jill Stein. smh. come on man
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pence hiding emails..

Trump scared to be president..

Hilarious
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Pence hiding emails..

Trump scared to be president..

Hilarious

Lol Pence getting his Hillary on?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Peace_79
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Say what you want about Obama.

Dude is a class act.

He could have been a flat out ? to Trump...

After all the ? this orange-faced buffoon has put him through.

-But now he is having to babysit Trump through the transition of power, after this cac spent years disrespecting him

- Help him understand national policy after he inexplicably vowed to repeal his last 8 years in office

-Convince the press and the public to "give him a chance"; after they elected the most ill prepared candidate in American history

-& Travel over seas and absorb the animous and apprehension on Trunp's behalf; knowing their fears are all justified.

All while maintaining the utmost professionalism.

I'm trying to think of a recent president who could have handled this situation better.

SMH