The Official Dragonball Super Thread (All my DBZ fans come in here)

Options

Comments

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Cell still my fav villian tho

With all the Saiyan ? and Frieza getting uncomprehensibly powerful after some training stuff, you'd have to think Cell could've potentially been the strongest villian.

Technically he would be considering what you said, but you know....

? writing
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Imagine they just handed goku senzu beans and he kept fighting cell lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Zamasu may be the best villian in dragonball far as character development and strength. Dude is controlling the heavens

He's also the first villain Goku didn't beat or didn't suggest he could have beaten had he really tried.

Not cell?

No. Goku thought his fight with Cell could have gone either way, but he was confident that Gohan could beat him, so he conceded and let Gohan fight. When it looked like Gohan wouldn't come out of his shell Goku wanted to go fight seriously, but it was too late.

Cell was holding back up until the mini cells were spawned. Cell regeneration would have gassed goku early in the fight.

Goku was holding back too. I'm not saying Goku would have won. I'm not saying that Goku knew he would have won. I'm saying that Goku knew he hadn't given his all to the fight yet, but he was convinced that Gohan was the answer. Remember, when Piccolo checked him for that line of thinking? He came to understand his mistake. He didn't say "Oh ? , we're ? because I can't beat Cell." He said "Krillin, give me a Sensu Bean, I'm going to take over."
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    1) I find it funny that Vegeta went in the hyperbolic time chamber and Goku is still stronger than him.

2) These ? writers retconned a retcon with Vegitto

3) As usual every thing is rushed in Super so you see Vegetto for 1 episode.

4) Trunks pulled a sword out of his ass just like that Blue aura ? and all of a sudden he learns spirit bomb with no explanation at all.

I liked how that kid said Trunks is a ? loser. How is it that Black keeps beating his ass yet he never kills him???

This show is trash... You are just dumb if you have to lie to yourself over and over. Everything is rushed and the pacing is ? awful. Unfotunately a lot of people on this board have dragon ? in there mouth and if there were Dragon ? they'd put those in their mouth's too.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    1. It was mentioned TWICE that Zamasu was weakening. TWICE that his body was unstable and falling apart.

Trunks isn't stronger than Vegito. Vegito defused before he could finish the job (which would have been anti-climatic in the end because he was clearly stronger than Zamasu.)

2. The Elder Kai + Witch fusion is likely not canon and a product of filler.

3. Trunks gathered energy from Goku, Vegeta and all the others.. CONCENTRATED it into his sword and used to attack a WEAKENED Zamasu. Half of Zamasu's body was falling apart, literally he lost a great deal of power.

4. Trunks repeatedly reaching new heights from rage boosts and "hope power" is no different than all the ? Goku and Gohan did throughout DB and DBZ. Relax, emotions and determination equal power in the DB universe.

5. Vegito using too much power and his fusion failing is the same thing that happens to Gotenks several times in DBZ. The potara has limits, chances are Zamasu also reached that limit, we shall see.

6. I got nothing for the Spirit Bomb formation. They need to explain that, and likely won't.

2. It is canon.

3. I knew this already but it's ? . Reminds me of the way Broly got done by Goku in the first movie too lol.

4. Goku and Gohan made complete sense and it wasn't used every episode like this arc practically did. Hopefully we have some explanation to Trunks power ups soon.

5. Retconned, nothing to be said here. I don't have to like it. But nonetheless..

6. :|

I'm going to need you to prove its canon just for the sake of argument.

Trunks isn't a character that's around that often. It needed to be microwaved. They made it clear that Trunks saw this Goku Black thing as his responsibility, and that he intended on doing whatever he could to win.

Its almost literally the same thing Gohan had during the Cell Games. He was the last one standing and the fate of everyone rested on him.

Theres a scene where Frieza is drowning Goku in DBZ and Goku realizes he's the last one capable of winning.

https://youtu.be/W90fXNKCLq4

It wasn't as drawn out but Trunks saw the reflection of those kids in that broken sword and realized he had to do It.

kqymhfparz7y.png

All this butthurt is coming from Vegito fans. It was a fitting end to battle. Trunks was owed that W for all the Ls he caught. He was made whole.

I don't have access to the manga but it should be in Volume 24.

And I respectfully disagree with your comparison to Gohan's situation because as I've said that was properly built up and foreshadowed. Episode 66 was super fast paced with retcons , deus ex machinas and random ? (spirit bomb). This ain't really buthurt it's fair criticism this episode is getting unlike the past ones bar the animation issues. Even mofos on YouTube that are huge fans like us are saying "Wtf this doesn't make sense but it's cool and epic Lolo lol"

Mfs on youtube and other sites have kneejerk reactions, I have provided samples and proofs.

Trunks winning was foreshadowed over and over again now that I think about it.

When Trunks was training wit Vegeta and he saw the blue form for the first time he had a sigh of relief. In context he believed that Goku & Vegeta will defeat Black for him and there was no reason for him to become stronger...

Vegeta gets ? at this...
    https://youtu.be/awYfNCIfAZA

This was 12 eps ago.

Following seeing Goku and Vegeta fail at SSB, Trunks powers up to a new level. Motivated by his desire to save his own time...

https://youtu.be/KGdbgGgcsAk

That 5 eps ago.

Y'all haven't been paying attention. Trunks was the hero the whole time.

The Father - Son Gallick Gun. Trunks says "My power, be a shield to save the world, the humans..." then they show the sword in the ground after Zamasu broke it.

https://youtu.be/c29sUuGTuh8

They didn't have 100 eps to build to it but they foreshadowed this over and over again.

DBS KILLED this arc, all of these moments most people know off hand if they've been watching, what the knee jerkers have done is fail to put it all together...which is what you're supposed to do...

This is storytelling.

It was obvious that Trunks was going to have something to do with the ending it's just ? how they went about it. DBS is awful and you are just stupid if you think anything different. Goku and Trunks were able to go toe to toe with Zamasu yet Vegetto couldn't finish him??? Trunks learning the spirit bomb and pulling some Zelda ? out of his ass over and over??? DBZ didn't have the best stories but they were written better as a whole and weren't rushed from episode to episode. Episode 66 throughout waayyy too much ? in one episode they could've stretched it out. The whole series is just bad if you go back and watch any season of Z and rewatch the Zamasu arc you will get 2 completely different vibes from the show.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zamasu may be the best villian in dragonball far as character development and strength. Dude is controlling the heavens

He's also the first villain Goku didn't beat or didn't suggest he could have beaten had he really tried.

Not cell?

No. Goku thought his fight with Cell could have gone either way, but he was confident that Gohan could beat him, so he conceded and let Gohan fight. When it looked like Gohan wouldn't come out of his shell Goku wanted to go fight seriously, but it was too late.

Yeahhhh go watch goku shoot all of those ki blasts at cell for 2 mins straight vegeta style and while that's happening roshi and vegeta noticed goku wasn't going to win. Piccolo too. Goku gave up knowing he couldn't win
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    What makes you think Base Vegeta is weaker than Base Goku? Vegeta is technically weaker because Goku has access to Kaioken, but I don't think Base Vegeta is weaker. As a matter of fact Base Vegeta has never been weaker.
  • BlackxChild
    edited November 2016
    Options
    1. It was mentioned TWICE that Zamasu was weakening. TWICE that his body was unstable and falling apart.

Trunks isn't stronger than Vegito. Vegito defused before he could finish the job (which would have been anti-climatic in the end because he was clearly stronger than Zamasu.)

3. Trunks gathered energy from Goku, Vegeta and all the others.. CONCENTRATED it into his sword and used to attack a WEAKENED Zamasu. Half of Zamasu's body was falling apart, literally he lost a great deal of power.

4. Trunks repeatedly reaching new heights from rage boosts and "hope power" is no different than all the ? Goku and Gohan did throughout DB and DBZ. Relax, emotions and determination equal power in the DB universe.

5. Vegito using too much power and his fusion failing is the same thing that happens to Gotenks several times in DBZ. The potara has limits, chances are Zamasu also reached that limit, we shall see.

6. I got nothing for the Spirit Bomb formation. They need to explain that, and likely won't.

2. It is canon.

3. I knew this already but it's ? . Reminds me of the way Broly got done by Goku in the first movie too lol.

4. Goku and Gohan made complete sense and it wasn't used every episode like this arc practically did. Hopefully we have some explanation to Trunks power ups soon.

5. Retconned, nothing to be said here. I don't have to like it. But nonetheless..

Trunks isn't a character that's around that often. It needed to be microwaved. They made it clear that Trunks saw this Goku Black thing as his responsibility, and that he intended on doing whatever he could to win.

Its almost literally the same thing Gohan had during the Cell Games. He was the last one standing and the fate of everyone rested on him.

Theres a scene where Frieza is drowning Goku in DBZ and Goku realizes he's the last one capable of winning.

It wasn't as drawn out but Trunks saw the reflection of those kids in that broken sword and realized he had to do It.

kqymhfparz7y.png

All this butthurt is coming from Vegito fans. It was a fitting end to battle. Trunks was owed that W for all the Ls he caught. He was made whole.

And I respectfully disagree with your comparison to Gohan's situation because as I've said that was properly built up and foreshadowed. Episode 66 was super fast paced with retcons , deus ex machinas and random ? (spirit bomb). This ain't really buthurt it's fair criticism this episode is getting unlike the past ones bar the animation issues. Even mofos on YouTube that are huge fans like us are saying "Wtf this doesn't make sense but it's cool and epic Lolo lol"

Mfs on youtube and other sites have kneejerk reactions, I have provided samples and proofs.

When Trunks was training wit Vegeta and he saw the blue form for the first time he had a sigh of relief. In context he believed that Goku & Vegeta will defeat Black for him and there was no reason for him to become stronger...

Vegeta gets ? at this...

This was 12 eps ago.

Following seeing Goku and Vegeta fail at SSB, Trunks powers up to a new level. Motivated by his desire to save his own time...

That 5 eps ago.

The Father - Son Gallick Gun. Trunks says "My power, be a shield to save the world, the humans..." then they show the sword in the ground after Zamasu broke it.

They didn't have 100 eps to build to it but they foreshadowed this over and over again.

DBS KILLED this arc, all of these moments most people know off hand if they've been watching, what the knee jerkers have done is fail to put it all together...which is what you're supposed to do...

This is storytelling.

It was obvious that Trunks was going to have something to do with the ending it's just ? how they went about it. DBS is awful and you are just stupid if you think anything different. Goku and Trunks were able to go toe to toe with Zamasu yet Vegetto couldn't finish him??? Trunks learning the spirit bomb and pulling some Zelda ? out of his ass over and over??? DBZ didn't have the best stories but they were written better as a whole and weren't rushed from episode to episode. Episode 66 throughout waayyy too much ? in one episode they could've stretched it out. The whole series is just bad if you go back and watch any season of Z and rewatch the Zamasu arc you will get 2 completely different vibes from the show.
    Learn how to communicate like an adult until then....

n2joreeb1wny.jpg

If you can't admit this show is really dumb and just flat out bad you're opinions are trash plain and simple. There are so many bad elements to this show that you should be able to state that you enjoy it while expressing the obvious problems this show has.

This isnt something that can be questioned are argued with it's a bad show and those who are defending it ridiculous.

Using a comic strip to tell me ? is some how being an adult to you?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

2. It is canon.

kqymhfparz7y.png

Vegeta gets ? at this...

This was 12 eps ago.

That 5 eps ago.

This is storytelling.

n2joreeb1wny.jpg

If you can't admit this show is really dumb and just flat out bad you're opinions are trash plain and simple. There are so many bad elements to this show that you should be able to state that you enjoy it while expressing the obvious problems this show has.

This isnt something that can be questioned are argued with it's a bad show and those who are defending it ridiculous.

kn4l30br6ik4.gif
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I come back in here and ? still complaining and talking about something they don't like. Let people like what they like. It's not that serious. Y'all spoke your opinions pages ago saying the show is dumb and it's bad writing. You don't want other people to watch it?
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? hate this show
  • gemini86
    Options
    I ? hate this show

Damn ? u want my attention that much. You crushing mad hard but I don't swing that way fam
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

Not cell?

Not sure which anime you were watching but Goku couldn't even beat a Cell Jr. It wouldn't have gone either way, Cell was far more powerful than Goku, they needed an SSJ2 to defeat him. Goku bet it all on his son.

He was weakened at that point. Remember, he didn't take a sensu bean after his skirmish with Cell. How could you possibly believe that Goku was weaker than a Cell Jr. when we saw Goku get the better of Cell. Cell was not stronger or a better fighter than Goku. He was just able to regenerate.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

2. It is canon.

kqymhfparz7y.png

Vegeta gets ? at this...

This was 12 eps ago.

That 5 eps ago.

This is storytelling.

n2joreeb1wny.jpg

Right now you trolling terribly. You've said a few times how bad the show is and ? are dumb for liking it. OK everyone gets it, but why come back to repeat your self saying the same ? ? ? ? been calling out the flaws of the show and talk about the things they enjoy. You attention seeking and it's making you look bad. Arguing for the sake of arguing is not a good look for a grown ass man.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I wanted to be petty about DBZ
    Gohan plays baseball...
    xaf7h6vvz5a9.png
    Caught that fine

But when the universe is on the line
    sy5p5w2chfd9.png

This was different, gohan was tired of being a ? and wanted ? so he had to show off.

Excellent writing
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

2. It is canon.

kqymhfparz7y.png

Vegeta gets ? at this...

This was 12 eps ago.

That 5 eps ago.

This is storytelling.

n2joreeb1wny.jpg

Aye, I'm stealing this!!
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    Damn I come back in here and ? still complaining and talking about something they don't like. Let people like what they like. It's not that serious. Y'all spoke your opinions pages ago saying the show is dumb and it's bad writing. You don't want other people to watch it?

Sheesh ? , the ? talking is on an episode by episode basis. And like you said, it's not that serious. A ? can like the show but still admit its fault. Hell most of us are serious about the writing being ? , but it's being brought up in jest. Laugh with us ? , damn.
  • gemini86
    Options

Sheesh ? , the ? talking is on an episode by episode basis. And like you said, it's not that serious. A ? can like the show but still admit its fault. Hell most of us are serious about the writing being ? , but it's being brought up in jest. Laugh with us ? , damn.

Yall notice I'm not the only one thinking this ? right? Week after week it's the same ? . I ignored it for the most part but I see dudes be tagging me and trying to troll me. It's corny. I'm not saying dragon ball don't have its flaws but y'all just being annoying.
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    I ? hate this show

Damn ? u want my attention that much. You crushing mad hard but I don't swing that way fam

Jesus christ, who keeps @you
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    Next week episode
    Is Going
    To
    Suck
  • gemini86
    Options
    Next week episode
    Is Going
    To
    Suck

Like u with ?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

Yall notice I'm not the only one thinking this ? right? Week after week it's the same ? . I ignored it for the most part but I see dudes be tagging me and trying to troll me. It's corny. I'm not saying dragon ball don't have its flaws but y'all just being annoying.

Seriously ? ? Only reason anyone does that is because you react to this ? . You know it's funny cuz you hit LOL a few times on my posts. It ain't that damn serious. And honestly the ? wouldn't be fun if everyone loved it like you did. The world would be a boring place if we all loved the same stuff. But since it bothers you so much I won't tag you anymore bruh

for a week.
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    If I wanted to be petty about DBZ
    Gohan plays baseball...
    xaf7h6vvz5a9.png
    Caught that fine

But when the universe is on the line
    sy5p5w2chfd9.png

You didn't have to do my man like that. I really have to know though, why didn't Kakarot teleport over there?

Akira hates Gohan, I can't believe they said he lost his gi.