Growing Out of some hiphop

Options
endboss
endboss Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in The Reason
Im 32 i remember when em Came out i was on the height of my puberty full of rage and I really loved all That wierd ? like Kim Or cleaning out my closet..Im white low middle class which doesnt helped Either..When i Listen to that ? now im like ok little buddy smoke a Blunt get your ? together forget That ugly ? ..its gonna be ok..Same with a lot of waynes ? ...Or dudes like immortal technique who throws Random conspierence Theories around to make IT looks smart..

Comments

• Hendrix_NoJimmy
    Hendrix_NoJimmy Members Posts: 128 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    270crownst wrote: »
    End boss.. what the hell are u even talking about?

He's talking about growing out of certain songs or hip hop sub categories.
    When i was younger and waka flocka dropped oh lets do it and slim dunk was around.
    I was all for that young reckless fighting in the club/shoot out ?
    Now that im older and i hear that chief keef ? im like wtf wrong with this crazy lil ? lol
  • endboss
    Options
    Thats some of the reasons why i Never got into the Flashy ? ..who the ? is Driving around in his Honda with his swatch on mean mugging ? to Stuntin like my Daddy?
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    endboss wrote: »
    Thats some of the reasons why i Never got into the Flashy ? ..who the ? is Driving around in his Honda with his swatch on mean mugging ? to Stuntin like my Daddy?

Bling Bling Era was great for hip hop, 99.9 % sure hip hop made the most money during that era, I never drove a Honda always drove Chevys fyi stunting like my daddy went over your head that was an uplifting song wasnt meant to drive around mugging to it, but inspire you to achieve certain things. Another ironic thing is im interested in getting a Honda now lmfao.
  • endboss
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yup, just an exemple for me is dave east hes Either Hit or miss with his tracks right now. Im Not the Type of mf who listens to canibus in the Club, But at least some words Gotta make sense to me when i want some random ? up dudes earling i Ask the dude or Hoe standing next to me..
  • endboss
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    endboss wrote: »

Bling Bling Era was great for hip hop, 99.9 % sure hip hop made the most money during that era, I never drove a Honda always drove Chevys fyi stunting like my daddy went over your head that was an uplifting song wasnt meant to drive around mugging to it, but inspire you to achieve certain things. Another ironic thing is im interested in getting a Honda now lmfao.
    That doesnt mean that a Honda is Bad at least you got a ? car, i drive a Chevy 2016 that ich worked my Ass of for 4 years..but im still Not Stuntin like its a Bentley, my watch costs 2000 Not 200000 and im Ok with that..
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've grown out of most of the hip hop I loved in terms of it doesnt really represent the person I am anymore, but I can still go back from time to time and appreciate it and I def still love it and bring back old memories, like when I went to A3C this year, I was hype for all that old school ? .

Some examples tho are Big L and all that satanic ? or NWA with its not giving a ? , TI and his tough/cocky guy rhetoric, or Bone and their high all the time ? . That stuff used to really contribute to my mental make up and how I acted towards people in general, how I dressed, spoke, what I thought was cool and not.

Now i'm more middle of the road and mainly listen to guitar based music, the topics just resonate a lot more with me now, my struggles are more internal... I've just grown out of the pack mentality and embrace what I like, i'm not into what anyone else thinks is cool anymore and hip hop is often a barometer of what is popular at the time.

Also with lyrics, more is less, and rappers have really ran out of ? to talk about, it gets embarrassing. Honestly if it weren't for so much ? rap music post 2009 I may have never been able to refresh my life. Thank ? for Soulja Boy and Lil B. Special thanks to Drake and Kanye as well.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I most definitely outgrew Eminem quickly
    As I grew up and started having real live black people problems the ? he was talkin about became frivolous at best
    It was already unrelateable (I think I made that up) but it became downright comical and irrelevant as I moved up in age from a preteen to a teen to a young adult
  • endboss
    Options
    The one thing we all have together is that we grew up up with hiphop and That it represents different Stages of our lifes..sometimes i wanna Flip out to Bone crusher never scared that ? Song brought me two counts of aggreveted assault...I rather have ? problems like buddens now..
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's mainly the corny gimmick raps I've grown out of. You connect with some music because you can relate to it. As you grow you change.

There are a lot of timeless records I'll never grow out of though.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    As I grew up and started having real live black people problems the ? he was talkin about became frivolous at best
    It was already unrelateable (I think I made that up) but it became downright comical and irrelevant as I moved up in age from a preteen to a teen to a young adult

post-39839-Wooderson-THIS-gif-Imgur-Matth-fA9n.gif
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last album I really connected with was GKMC, TLOP was good but there wasnt enough substance there.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol that ? officially lost me when he asked me if I had ever been hated or discriminated against
    As a ? ?
    Sure!
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats great though, you may grow out of some tunes or albums, but the nostalgia of that song/album normally has me still look back fondly on the music.... Like yeah Em for example, I may not be the same nutcase doing some crazy stuff as a teenager, but his first two albums take me back to that fun/careless part of my life...
  • Hendrix_NoJimmy
    Hendrix_NoJimmy Members Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Options

Lol that ? officially lost me when he asked me if I had ever been hated or discriminated against
    As a ? ?
    Sure!

Lol em been hated and discriminated against to. Them ? was giving him hell when they though he was homophobic. Not to mention he stayed catching flack in hip hop for being a white rapper
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TI's music....the older I got, the wacker his ? is to me.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options

As a ? ?
    Sure!

lmaooo the exact line i was thinking of.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    I listen to alil bit of everything aslong as it's good. There's times I wanna chill back and listen to Nas, Budden etc on some lyrical ? , then there's times I wanna crank some ignant Future ? .

Can't say I outgrew anything, cuz I never listened to wack ? .

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    270crownst wrote: »
    End boss.. what the hell are u even talking about?

He's talking about growing out of certain songs or hip hop sub categories.
    When i was younger and waka flocka dropped oh lets do it and slim dunk was around.
    I was all for that young reckless fighting in the club/shoot out ?
    Now that im older and i hear that chief keef ? im like wtf wrong with this crazy lil ? lol

? it wasn't that long ago. lol

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're talking about rap music. Hip-Hop is defined as a culture, that consists of more than just rapping. Hip-Hop is not a style of music or some fad.

But on topic, it's not necessarily growing out of music, it's just your perspective changes as you mature. You may become more open-minded, more close-minded or take a liking to a certain frequency.

You may have so-called matured to the point where Wayne ain't saying ? to you, but I may start to see the genius in what he does as the years go by. There's no laid out path, or definite direction on which way you "grow".

For instance, as a teenager, I wouldn't have given Future the time of day, because I was stuck on what I liked at the time. But as an adult, I see the artistic value in his approach towards music. Same goes for a lot of these non-traditional artists that I wasn't trying to hear in the past. On the flip side, I no longer see the value in the rappity rap style, as I feel like they're marginalizing the musical integrity of rap music.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So nobody is going to check this crackka for ? on Immortal Tech....Get the ? outta here.