I think it's time we address this "Hotep" s**t that black men are being labeled as....

Options
Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
I've been reading up on it. Most of what I've seen is that it's a term used being ancient Egyptians used for peace, but feminism has turned it into a term almost meaning "fake ass woke brother."

Most feminists use this logic to label dudes as Hotep if they say they are for black empowerment, but don't give a ? about sexism or LGBT rights. And apparently, amongst other things Hoteps are blamed for, they've been blamed for Hillary losing the election because while Black women turned out in droves for her, black men didn't vote for her in the same capacity.

Anyone care to share your thoughts on this?

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Not just feminists use the term.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feminists have misused the word but real hoteps are some of the worst people lol
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol that Hotep ? so ? stupid
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tf is misogynoir?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tf is misogynoir?

The belief that black women have it worse than black men (and everyone else) because they have to deal with the problems that come with being black and the problems that come with being women. It's not an out of line concept as long as you ignore all the places where being women have benefitted black women (e.g. their treatment by the justice system and affirmative action benefits where applicable).
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tf is misogynoir?

The belief that black women have it worse than black men (and everyone else) because they have to deal with the problems that come with being black and the problems that come with being women. It's not an out of line concept as long as you ignore all the places where being women have benefitted black women (e.g. their treatment by the justice system and affirmative action benefits where applicable).

The name sounds pretentious as ? but I agree with it
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i been wondering this and what the fukk it means....

and op is right...i hear it used by women who are very angry with black men.

but what the name for white men who make you lose your dignity and they say nothing because they think white will treat them better....

man i can go in on this subject
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tf is misogynoir?

The name sounds pretentious as ? but I agree with it

Yeah, the name sounds pretentious because it's some made up ? . That said I believe there is merit to the concept, but I also thing feminists tend to exaggerate its significance.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been called a "Hotep ? " on here and I don't even know what I did lol.

Maybe the pork thing?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    ^^^

Someone flag that for me
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe the pork thing?

It's cuz you're a Hebrew Israeli . That's on the hotep spectrum
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so what do we call fake ass women who think they cute and deserve to be idolized like they ? is the greatest thing on the planet and they dont have to lift a finger to do ? .....
    oh wait

we call them thots

nevermind....carry on
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Basically Hotep ? are a bunch of incense burning, ankh wearing broke ? that sell books, scented oils and sometimes Shea Butter on 125th street in harlem.

I gotta go back to 125th street. That street preaching was where Marcus Garvey got his rise.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

Maybe the pork thing?

It's cuz you're a Hebrew Israeli . That's on the hotep spectrum

That's cuz ? don't know what they talking about. Don't you put that on me!