Have you ever met any of your idols? /Celebrities you look up to?

Options
13»

Comments

• ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    I met Pinky ? and used to Yahoo chat with her for a few years

Allen Iverson he was cool

Deelishis ......she thick as hell in person

Years?!
    Did u smash?
    How was it?

nope....we were just friends she had a ?

I tried trust me i tried
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not gone lie, Suge was on my list during Death Row's heyday. Met, took pics and chopped it up @ 95 Source Awards b4 he went in. Gave me 2 passes 2 the Death Row / Bad Boy after party @ The Tunnel. Said what's up 2 Malice ( Clipse) as we were passing and my hand complete grabbed his whole Cuban link and charm! I went " oh ? , my bad". Got blazed with WC outside the Apollo in NYC. @ The Genesis Convention Center Gary,IN. Walked in the dressing room, CUBE ( still with NWA) in a chair, mirror leaning on the floor and against the wall and he going side 2 side hyping his self up in it with a black hoodie on. Dude tapped the door " let's go!". They scratched his name and I walked right behind him, he took the mic out back pocket, climbed the stairs@ edge of the stage and GARY INDIANA make sum noise! That was a moment.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Out here in Vegas saw Jeanette ( Black Widow) Lee passing by. Reached out and softly grabbed her hand. MAN, she SNATCHED that muhfucka back with the spirit of Bruce Lee and speed of Jet Li! My brother was like " That's her $ hand.". I was like dam, didn't even think of that. Told Dr. Dre at same NWA concert me and my homie got a small contract with a record Company in Chicago. Told em they want us to make a house song for the album! He said: Make it the last song on the second side!
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    seen allen iverson at a Hampton, Va mall dat skinny as ? he was with some bodyguard nuggas or some ?

was in san diego for a few months my ? wanted to go see crackas are something so we went to L.A. Hollywood and Rodeo Dr area, saw Common crossing da street wit a bad ? i saluted dat nugga

visted my boy in atlanta for a weekend saw Cee-lo coming out a movie theater wit a bad ?
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike epps after one of his shows, dapped him and said i was huge fan of his
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah. But when I lived in Atlanta, I ran into several celebs. The most notable was Chili from TLC..no let down, fine as hell. Weirdest was Mase. Most random is a tie between Derek Luke and Vanessa Bell Calloway. Funniest was Jazze Pha giving me the evil eye at Tower Records because his chick(She was baddd) was flirting with me...

I thought Jazze Pha was a ? ?
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    Nah. But when I lived in Atlanta, I ran into several celebs. The most notable was Chili from TLC..no let down, fine as hell. Weirdest was Mase. Most random is a tie between Derek Luke and Vanessa Bell Calloway. Funniest was Jazze Pha giving me the evil eye at Tower Records because his chick(She was baddd) was flirting with me...

I thought Jazze Pha was a ? ?

MIGHTVE BEEN THAT ? FLIRTING with him. He ain't een know it.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My cousin was friends with Isaac Bruce when I was a kid. He came to a family dinner at my grandma house. Real cool and signed Rams pics for us.

Met 90s R&b singer smoov in Memphis when I was 11. She gave me and my cousin signed pictures. She had on a tight dress and Them ? were glorious...never heard another song from her.

Saw Ezell from Friday at the airport when i was 13. ? had a mean mug on from hell...so we kept it movin.

Met Kurt Warner in college.. inspiring dude.

Shook hands with KRIT at the live from the underground tour in STL. He was real cool and that show was GOAT.
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He ain't my idol but i ran into marcus camby......major weed head
  • whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    Not gone lie, Suge was on my list during Death Row's heyday. Met, took pics and chopped it up @ 95 Source Awards b4 he went in. Gave me 2 passes 2 the Death Row / Bad Boy after party @ The Tunnel. Said what's up 2 Malice ( Clipse) as we were passing and my hand complete grabbed his whole Cuban link and charm! I went " oh ? , my bad". Got blazed with WC outside the Apollo in NYC. @ The Genesis Convention Center Gary,IN. Walked in the dressing room, CUBE ( still with NWA) in a chair, mirror leaning on the floor and against the wall and he going side 2 side hyping his self up in it with a black hoodie on. Dude tapped the door " let's go!". They scratched his name and I walked right behind him, he took the mic out back pocket, climbed the stairs@ edge of the stage and GARY INDIANA make sum noise! That was a moment.

I also met Ice Cube.

He had just left NWA and was touring his first solo album (AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted). It was a small venue and a dj was playing music to hype up the crowd (the local opening acts still hadn't come on yet). I was chillin' with some friends up in VIP and he started working his way through the section giving people daps and choppin' it up with some of the local "names" who had come out to support him. I remember he was in a ? parka with the hood up and a Raiders hat on (it was funny because it was hot as hell in the spot) and dude was short as ? . I swear he can't be anymore than 5 foot 5 or so... I towered over dude... LMAO. He was real humble, thanked my crew for coming out, and later got on stage and ripped the place apart. Once he got on stage performing, I swear Cube grew to 7 feet tall... what a crowd controlling performer!
  • whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh ? ... the internet is awesome. I tried to look up the concert by googling it and someone actually took a publicity photo of Ice Cube right before the show. He was actually wearing what I remembered him in.

Damn... that concert was in Toronto in 1990... where did the years go?

Ice.Cube.1990_01.jpg
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well he aint my idol but i saw justin bieber backstage and hes a ? . Secuirty guard told us to put our.phones away or they will take them smash it . My ? shouted at them sayin ? yall aint taking ? over here lol.

Met drake couple times and p reign at my nephew birthday party.

Met meek millz outside his tour bus and took a photo wit him with my cousin.

• MazterChef
    MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RickyRich wrote: »
    Well he aint my idol but i saw justin bieber backstage and hes a ? . Secuirty guard told us to put our.phones away or they will take them smash it . My ? shouted at them sayin ? yall aint taking ? over here lol.

how was drake?
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MazterChef wrote: »
    RickyRich wrote: »

how was drake?

He was cool from the interaction i had with him but he mostly stayed wit his ? on the other side of the venue . P reign mad chill talked about our city, life , music industry and ? .
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Andre 3000 in the bathroom at my job.
    I'm walking in to go to the bathroom and security guard is outside the door. We know each other, so I just say "what's up man?" He says the same. I walk in the bathroom and this guy in here at the stall with plaid pants on. I'm like who the ? is wearing clown pants to work like this. Then I'm like "oh ? he's got a gun in the (can't say the buildings name) building wtf. I then see his head is big as hell and a big ass mole on his face. After all this I"m like damn, stop staring at another man at the stall it's ? . So I take my ? and wash my hands next to him and in the mirror I'm like "damn it's Dre 3000." We just nod heads at each other and he walks out. Nothing more to say.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Oh, yeah I grew up with Keri Hilson and her sister. Keri was about 2 years younger than me, my older brother used to date her. They lived two doors down from me. They were cool when I knew them in high school and in college for 6 years but then when Keri got famous they won't even Facebook a brother. Anyway.
    Random people I've run into: almost every anchor on the news you can think of and then:
    George Carlin-real humble cool guy. I'd say he's the best comedian ever
    Take6- well they're family, but I don't ever see em
    T-Boz-at Perimeter Mall in ATL at a gamestore when I was buying a video game
    Ghostface Killah-at his concert, but he wanted to kick my ass b/c when he asked the crowd "do y'all want some more?" I said "nah, I'm good." I was in the front row and was really enjoying his concert but forgot that dude could hear me. He gave me the hardest look I ever got from a celebrity like he was about to drop the mic and forget the concert to kick my ass.
    Don Lemon-talkative guy, pretty cool or I'd say just the same off the cam as on the cam.
    Shaquille O'Neal- at Lenox mall just saw him cause he had a crowd of people running toward him and he was towering over all of them.
    Lil Wayne- I'm walking out of planet hollywood attached to like the Marriott Marquis or some expensive hotel in Atlanta and I see this guy across the street (not Wayne) run up to this other kid who did look like a kid (I'm not trying to get on his height) and this dude ran up on Wayne like "yo, yo, yo what's up man?" Wayne reached in his fur jacket like he was strapped and about to pull and then the fan was like "I just want an autograph." Wayne gave him dep then and an autograph. His girl was fine as hell that was with him. Some latina looking girl

Chuck D- In college at University of Iowa of all places. He was cool

Filmed Macy Gray 4 years ago and talked to her for about 5minutes about being hungry and where to eat in ATL as she was about to do an intvw on tv. That was a regular woman. Hollywood did not go to her head (but again she was already out her prime)

Michael Jackson- Can't believe I almost forgot that one. I was at Universal Studios with my brother and sister about 20 years ago in those long as hot 100 degree lines where you stand for hours. All the lines in the park clear out and people just started running. I mean the whole park. We started running too, cause we're black, and we're running in the same direction as everyone else. I mean we'd been in line for at least one hour and ten minutes and everybody just emptied out. Then helicopters (well just one) flew over us and the crowd stopped once it came to a comic book store. The crowd surrounded the comic book store and YES people started fainting and crying. Quite a few climbed trees so they could get a better look at MJ with his kids in the store. He was wearing his black face mask. We watched for about 20 minutes and then about 20 security guards walked out the store and blocked him off from everyone and there was a hill behind the store and he had to walk up a hill that led to nowhere as the helicopter landed and picked him up.
    I swear I never saw nothing like that in all my life.
  • bossdon201
    bossdon201 Members Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have no idols but met Larry Fitzgerald in San Fran during the Super Bowl. Dude was in the airport dolo, cool as hell. Asked for a selfie and he said "let's do it" and then shook my hand afterwards. Humble guy