1 year later how do you rank Compton?

Options
124»

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Yknow what...I'ma try somethin different. Rather than call names and engage in a wackass Reason beef...I'ma give it another shot.

This forum needs more of than.

It helps that I'm high af too.

I'll check back in with how it's goin. If it's still wack, I'm givin all you ? viruses.

U should also take in consideration what a 1 mic album actually sounds like
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yknow what...I'ma try somethin different. Rather than call names and engage in a wackass Reason beef...I'ma give it another shot.

I'll check back in with how it's goin. If it's still wack, I'm givin all you ? viruses.

Wait what!? ? that's waaaaay worse than your original knee ? reaction :joy:
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wait what!? ? that's waaaaay worse than your original knee ? reaction :joy:

You right you right my ? .
  • whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I only gave it 3 stars because it doesn't measure up to the high standards that Dr. Dre set with a lot of his previous work. I actually preferred most of the leaked material off "Detox" to this project but, to be fair, a lot of that was recorded years ago so I based my ranking off the material before me.

The production was high quality and well mixed but it didn't give me the "oh ? " face on any track with the exception of "Genocide" which I still have in rotation in my playlist. The only other thing I really liked on this album was Anderson .Paak getting his respect.

To be honest, the Snoop and Game tracks sounded "weird" to me. I'm not sure what Dre was trying to achieve with his pitching of the voices on those joints.

All in all, a bit of a disappointment but, having said that, it was still nice to hear something new from the Doctor.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a solid album.. not great, not horrible. But who is really making GREAT music these days in hip hop anyway?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was fire to me
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just because ? dont like it dont make em clueless. It wasnt a weedplate because of the quality, it was a ? ? plate because of the new ? ass sound. Kendrick aint supposed to sound harder than anybody on a dre album, nothin against him, Dr. Dre albums typically sound like OG albums. Theres none of that here, this feel like the kids table in sound and subject matter when you stand it next to the first 2 chronics. Him bein 50 is all the more reason to make some old head player ? , but no, he wanna drink white wine, where the cognac ? . ? this album. Lookout for detox.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The album sounded mature to me. I don't know what y'all heard really and Dre albums are basically compilation efforts of who he's rocking with musically at the time...

Not as good as his previous two but very far from wack. I was most impressed with the engineering on this album. The mixture of sounds and instruments...
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Think about the 1st time u heard the chronic or its sequel. Even if u didn't love it it stuck with u, that's what Compton lacked imo. No ? ain't ? , no forgot about dre, this album didn't have a defining moment except for the last song maybe. It's sounded great but it's not exactly what we wanted from Dre..

ANIMALS WAS THAT MOMENT...
    FOR ME AT LEAST...
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is what Compton was supposed to sound like.... Player ? .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RwLcVSjAQE
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah. I tried and that ? was ass grease.
    smp4life wrote: »
    trash
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    It was iight

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Not that the album ain't good anyway because I thought it was well put together as far as beats and the features, but I think what also helped it out was the addition by subtraction effect. What I mean by That is the climate of music was so wack and catered to ? type ? that Compton dropped at a time where it could be a breath of fresh air compared to what was dropping around similar time which made it sound better than it probably woulda sounded if it was dropping in the mist of allot of people dropping heaters.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still listen to my fav song of there Talking to My Diary from time to time.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the love of money is probably the only song I've kept. Album was meh to me. No song really stood out. The album put me on to King Mez tho, so some good came out of it
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album is over produced trash said when it dropped haven't heard it since

West coast homer dickriders probably callin it a classic
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? was aight it had a couple of tracks that stood out,from there it was pretty forgettable it came and went.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No replay value for me
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My main beefs with this project was the disappointing features from west coast OGs

Especially Ice Cubes verse

Xzibit song was a skippable

Snoop just didnt sound the same