Options

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    Castro helped free Cuba from American occupation. Unless your a supporter of Batista there should be no hate.

Castro allowed several blacks who were political prisoners to have amnesty in Cuba. I ? with it.

People in Cuba are poor and wretched thanks to the horrible policies of communism and they live with the technology of the 1950's. He did a few good things and he was a charismatic leader but overall his system of government and it's economic structure are terrible

They were poor and wretched under Batista as well. At least the U.S. wasn't ? them.

Lol both are bad it makes no sense and is somewhat hypocritical to give Castro props
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Castro helped free Cuba from American occupation. Unless your a supporter of Batista there should be no hate.

Castro allowed several blacks who were political prisoners to have amnesty in Cuba. I ? with it.

People in Cuba are poor and wretched thanks to the horrible policies of communism and they live with the technology of the 1950's. He did a few good things and he was a charismatic leader but overall his system of government and it's economic structure are terrible

They were poor and wretched under Batista as well. At least the U.S. wasn't ? them.

Lol both are bad it makes no sense and is somewhat hypocritical to give Castro props

I already said why I give Castro props
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited November 2016
    Options
    2016 been collecting bodies

RIP to a historic world figure.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His body is dead....but his soul is somewhere right now. Amen.

?
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Classic live long enough to see yourself become the villain story with Fidel....could have done so much more but yeah, all the economic embargos/isolation werent in their favour...

Think he survived over 300 US assassination attempts lol
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eisenhower, Kennedy, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, GW Bush and Obama.....he has been in power since 1959 while the US has had those presidents and made it through numerous CIA attempts to unsurp his power.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pretty sure the hypocritical embargo had alot to do with that
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited November 2016
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    Eisenhower, Kennedy, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, GW Bush and Obama.....he has been in power since 1959 while the US has had those presidents and made it through numerous CIA attempts to unsurp his power.

he stepped down and retired as the country's leader in Jan 2008 , Raul Castro been the president since 2008.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

Tell that to Cuban-Americans in Miami that lost their childhoods because of the Castro regime. Nas getting shredded on IG for that Fidel-Malcolm X pic and bigging up Fidel
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    ? Castro I got a Cuban Cousins..yeah he was Revolutionary but he was a ? leader
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I came here to say this..

A lot of people are brainwashed into believing Fidel was soooo terrible, he just didn't want America ? his country, and he also sympathized with our (black people) struggles in America that's why he gave them amnesty in Cuba (a place to exscape the US government)

Because of Fidel,
    Assata Shakur is safe..
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great leader no doubt. Not all positive, not all negative but I respect his '? the US' attitude and his longevity
  • MazterChef
    MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    tumblr_nmrirmlOAZ1t2yuz0o1_1280.jpg

They met once in NY and Malcom X declined numerous invitations to see him in Cuba after that. I don't get why people love this photo so much.

exactly lol dumb ? just through a photo in here like they intellectual
    they dont even know the back story
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MazterChef wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »
    tumblr_nmrirmlOAZ1t2yuz0o1_1280.jpg

They met once in NY and Malcom X declined numerous invitations to see him in Cuba after that. I don't get why people love this photo so much.

exactly lol dumb ? just through a photo in here like they intellectual
    they dont even know the back story

Lol cause he's taking a pic with Malcom X let's all give it a goat, u know, just because. FOH
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    illedout wrote: »

I came here to say this..

A lot of people are brainwashed into believing Fidel was soooo terrible, he just didn't want America ? his country, and he also sympathized with our (black people) struggles in America that's why he gave them amnesty in Cuba (a place to exscape the US government)

Because of Fidel,
    Assata Shakur is safe..

Lol @ brainwashing. Did you forget to add him being a ruthless dictator, who reneged on his promise of free elections, executed thousands of opponents and imprisoned tens of thousands
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now please let mugabe die all these old communist ? need to go away.