Fidel Castro dead at 90

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white cubans are about to go crazy......

imma wait until everyone overlooks how the black and afro cuban are treated then i will come back to this thread bring it up an ? on yall talking ? .

it has already started when obama allowed ? to go there....

alli know is...imma get a condo there.....

fukk all the amercians cant do ? ....its ways around everything
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll say this, id rather be poor in Cuba than a lot of central and South American countries. What they've been able to do with their education and health system is remarkable.

He was a flawed dictator who killed plenty and repressed the rights of Cubans.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    2016 is the year of DEATH. I'm convinced.

Heavyweights went down this year: Natalie Cole, Prince, Bowie, Ali, Pat Summit, Phife, Lenord Cohen, Arnold Palmer, John Saunders, Gene Wilder, Gordie Howe, Kimbo, the mom from ? Brady Bunch, now Fidel.

? . I hope Cicly Tyson make it out of 2016.

....yeah, because no one died last year
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

That Wet Foot, Dry Foot BS should be repealed ASAP.

Make Miami Black Again.
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    Cuba under Batista was pretty much what Godfather 2 showed us. Plenty of them are celebrating in Miami.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll say this, id rather be poor in Cuba than a lot of central and South American countries. What they've been able to do with their education and health system is remarkable.

Funny how the same people that report 100% literacy rates in Cuba are the same ones that always reported Castro getting 100% of the vote every election.

I hate how people say "oh well America is just as ? as Cuba." Well... that doesn't mean Cuba isn't ? or should be celebrated. It's just IC logic at its finest.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »

Make Miami Black Again.
    That is not happening

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

its a possible cure for cancer there...which i am sure wont pass FDA or EMA trials....

yall can only be mad at the US and those that follow.

maybe the EMA will be a bit more lax....but their GMP environments aint no joke
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    d.green wrote: »

Make Miami Black Again.
    That is not happening

Ever.
  • MarcusGarvey
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

Funny how the same people that report 100% literacy rates in Cuba are the same ones that always reported Castro getting 100% of the vote every election.

I hate how people say "oh well America is just as ? as Cuba." Well... that doesn't mean Cuba isn't ? or should be celebrated. It's just IC logic at its finest.

Plenty of non partisan orgs have reported on the Cuban system and given its outcome high praise considering how little adv tech they have.

America isn't as ? as Cuba, anyone that says that is short sighted.

America has plenty of flaws, no doubt, and it's done a lot of repressive ? to central and South America throughout its history. American leaders have supported dictators, provided intelligence to them so they can ? their "communist" enemies. Well the list is long. Obama has actually commented on these and gotten slack from the "america never apologizes" republicans
  • franknitti
    franknitti Members Posts: 154 ✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Castro helped free Cuba from American occupation. Unless your a supporter of Batista there should be no hate.

Castro allowed several blacks who were political prisoners to have amnesty in Cuba. I ? with it.

Tell that to Cuban-Americans in Miami that lost their childhoods because of the Castro regime. Nas getting shredded on IG for that Fidel-Malcolm X pic and bigging up Fidel

? them ? !
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    going down in them history books

hate him or love him RIP
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Los216 wrote: »
    A lot of negative shout I keep reading about Castro is from people who got their information from out American Education in school. The same system that wants to remove slavery from textbooks in Texas. The same system that doesn't even teach us black folks about our history here in the United States. Some of the most amazing things I've read about black history in America I've had to find out on my own as an adult like Black Wall Street for instance.

I never learned about ? like that in school. It wasn't taught. But I remember having to ready The Odessy, or reading a bunch of ? Shakespere stories. Not one on Back History though. I wonder why?........

I'm sorry but the minute Castro dies there's all of these negative emotions, story telling, and a surprising amount of informed people who have these strong opinions and they are making these claims like it all common knowledge and how can I be so dumb to not know how horrible Castro was. This is the same education system the didn't teach me how all of our "Founding fathers" had slaves but want me to celebrate and appreciate them all the damn time.

Now I'm supposed to just nod in agreement when somebody goes in on Castro after his death because of how hard America went after this dude? Nah b, I'm gonna need all of you when you make your opinions to dive deep into that ? . If you feel strongly one way or the other than ;et's have a real discussion in this thread without trying to make the uninformed look stupid because we weren't brainwa...uh educated about this main.

Thank you.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My only beef with Castro was that he was a communist and communism is a horrible system
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    My only beef with Castro was that he was a communist and communism is a horrible system

So there is nothing that he did to deter you from that? Does it matter to you why he did the things that he did. Your argument sounds a lot like a Christian who looks down on other religions for their beliefs whithout trying to understand what makes them view things the way that they do. Why is is that the main focal point of hate for Castro is coming from Americans? I'm interested so educate me you IC intellectual you lol.
  • nil
    nil Members Posts: 6
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    tumblr_nmrirmlOAZ1t2yuz0o1_1280.jpg

They met once in NY and Malcom X declined numerous invitations to see him in Cuba after that. I don't get why people love this photo so much.

He declined the invitation because it would've put him in even more danger than he was already in. Going between Cuba and the United States in the 60's was no small matter. Malcolm invited Che Guevara to meet him in New York, and even Che declined because the CIA/right-wing Cuban plots to assassinate him were real.

I'm pretty sure it was Malcolm X who described Fidel Castro as one of the only good white men in the world.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    He helped Angola and Namibia fight the racist forces of Portuguese colonialism,Apartheid South Africa and the CIA. He did all of this with out getting resources from those nations.

This is one thing I've heard about that he did which is some crazy positive actions on one end of the spectrum then on the other pure deplorable actions on the other end. Firing squads on families and all types of heinous ? truly polarizing.