Cole World! "4 Your Eyez Only" Dropping Dec. 9th

Options

Comments

• Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Can't wait! Now all we need is Nas and Jay-Z to drop albums and the year is complete.

Jay not gon block cole's shine like that..... Hate to break it to you, but a cole album announcement basically eliminates a Jay album for a while at least.
    4 your eyez only..... I know why he spelled eyez like that, and I know why he lookin at young black boys on the cover. Ya'll better get ready. He bout to be on some ? .

enlighten me, nh.

Cole ain't ever misspelled a word in his album title, so when he does it this time, it's jumps right out at me who he's echoing. The whole cover jumps out at me as if to say, I'm turnin my back on ya'll, I gotta talk to the lil homies. It's art, so it's all up for interpretation, but that's what I get from it.

I've never been excited for a J cole album because I be thinkin his subject matter is too young, but I think he's going to grow up this album, and it's going to be a lil more millitant than what i'm used to hearing. I'm pre ordering on Itunes as soon as I get home.

My intuition is never wrong by the way, we'll see when we get the tracklist.

militant cole? ehhhh doubt it.

I'ma give him a shot.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He performed "Be Free" and that ? was dope. I think he can make music like that for an entire album

it was incredibly dope.

I remember thinking born sinner was going to be more dark....and "militant", especially when he led with "Miss America".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qESHqhms_8

but that ? failed to catch on and we ended up getting this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AjD7nKiUQ4

fast-forward a couple years and he has more leverage than ever to create whatever he wants to. i hope the material is a lil more dense but like i said in my first post, i dont have any expectations....cuz i get disappointed w/ EVERY Cole album, tbh.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Can't wait! Now all we need is Nas and Jay-Z to drop albums and the year is complete.

Jay not gon block cole's shine like that..... Hate to break it to you, but a cole album announcement basically eliminates a Jay album for a while at least.
    4 your eyez only..... I know why he spelled eyez like that, and I know why he lookin at young black boys on the cover. Ya'll better get ready. He bout to be on some ? .

enlighten me, nh.

Cole ain't ever misspelled a word in his album title, so when he does it this time, it's jumps right out at me who he's echoing. The whole cover jumps out at me as if to say, I'm turnin my back on ya'll, I gotta talk to the lil homies. It's art, so it's all up for interpretation, but that's what I get from it.

I've never been excited for a J cole album because I be thinkin his subject matter is too young, but I think he's going to grow up this album, and it's going to be a lil more millitant than what i'm used to hearing. I'm pre ordering on Itunes as soon as I get home.

How about you wait to hear the songs. Can't tell ? from a tracklist other than song titles and guest features
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So much ? i haven't listened to now Cole dropping smh them ? gonna have to wait then COLD WORLD!!!
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My only problem with Cole has always been the beats. Hopefully some of those tracks Cardo sent him made it on here.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

enlighten me, nh.

You could be right. I hope it's militant/social commentary Cole without saying "I'm just playing" after this time.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Cole is at the point of his career where he doesn't even have to go on a marketing campaign. He can just put out the date, and people will support it.

And just a few years ago ? on the IC swore he'd never even get a first release date and Jay was a fool for signing him

#TravisPorter
  • bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gambino dropping his album & now this...hella excited
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread needs some...cole hate.
    Not a fan and never been one. Cole just doesn't do it for me.
    I'll take him over lil yachty tho

That's almost blasphemous. That's like saying I'll take water over ? .

You don't like Cole, cool but that comparison doesn't even makes sense.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He got a doc "Eyez" on tidal
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think you mean ? over water, cause you know....water over ? is something most people would go for
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »

I think you mean ? over water, cause you know....water over ? is something most people would go for

You proved my point. Thanks for trying to correct me though.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »

You proved my point. Thanks for trying to correct me though.

haha my bad I misread your post
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Its iight. I feel like he dissing jay or wayne and a few others