The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sanders overreacting.
    It's a public image win for Trump, just like Obama reorganizing and bailing out the auto industry.

But 1,000 saved ain't ? in the grand scheme of American economy. Those employees will need to be retrained to another field at some point
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sanders overreacting.
    It's a public image win for Trump, just like Obama reorganizing and bailing out the auto industry.

But 1,000 saved ain't ? in the grand scheme of American economy. Those employees will need to be retrained to another field at some point

Most amusing is this narrative that, overall, trade is the primary reason that manufacturing jobs have dissipated...

As opposed to the automation of routine tasks, enabling manufacturers to produce the same amount of goods with fewer workers.

Research (and common sense) has shown that trade has had a very little effect on overall manufacturing employment.

So this false promise that Trump can bring back jobs automated by technology ... by restricting trade, is absolutely ludicrous.

Curious to see the amount of damage that will come from this precedent setting negotiation tho...

Especially considering, as you said, that the # of jobs is a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    They aint want her taking back 2 back Ls lol
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2016
    Options
    "The Information Age is a period in human history characterized by the shift from traditional industry that the Industrial Revolution brought through industrialization, to an economy based on information computerization.

The onset of the Information Age is associated with the Digital Revolution, just as the Industrial Revolution marked the onset of the Industrial Age."

w1zkct78pcrs.jpg

"The history of coal mining goes back thousands of years.

It became important in the Industrial Revolution of the 19th and 20th centuries, when it was primarily used to power steam engines, heat buildings and generate electricity.

dq75bc3j9j7f.jpg

//////////////////////////////////

“Let me tell you: the coal miners in West Virginia and Pennsylvania, which was so great to me last week and Ohio and all over, they’re going to start to work again, believe me.

You’re going to be proud again to be coal miners.”

- Donald Trump

q6xvfc8yjwa7.jpg

• HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    "The Information Age is a period in human history characterized by the shift from traditional industry that the Industrial Revolution brought through industrialization, to an economy based on information computerization.

The onset of the Information Age is associated with the Digital Revolution, just as the Industrial Revolution marked the onset of the Industrial Age."

w1zkct78pcrs.jpg

"The history of coal mining goes back thousands of years.

It became important in the Industrial Revolution of the 19th and 20th centuries, when it was primarily used to power steam engines, heat buildings and generate electricity.

dq75bc3j9j7f.jpg

//////////////////////////////////

“Let me tell you: the coal miners in West Virginia and Pennsylvania, which was so great to me last week and Ohio and all over, they’re going to start to work again, believe me.

You’re going to be proud again to be coal miners.”

- Donald Trump

q6xvfc8yjwa7.jpg

I played to much Sid Meiers Civ games cause I heard the narrator of part 5 when I read this ? lmao
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Lol.

It's all about optics.

Carrier Deal by the numbers

-1100 Jobs staying...

-1300 Jobs still fleeing to Mexico ...

-Enormous Tax breaks and economic incentives given to Carrier; subsidized by Indiana citizens

- Carrier keeps federal contract / funding

- No garuntee to maintain worker wages

I guess that Big, Bad manufacturing company made out ok, huh?

Background.

- US under Obama already creates 6000 Jobs a month, without setting dangerous precedents

- The US Economic environment that de-encentivizes company's to manufacture here, still exists ...

American manufacturing employees command
    ~ $20/hr

Overseas manufacturing employees command
    ~ $3/hr

We live in the most Capitalistic nation in the world.

No systemic plans have been disclosed to mitigate vast wage differences by implementing industry mechanisms that create an attractive enironment for the manufacturing industry.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Trump is going on a "thank you, tour", dude is already gonna make the debt bigger and he ain't even in office.
  • Angeles1son85
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Trump is going on a "thank you, tour", dude is already gonna make the debt bigger and he ain't even in office.

lol image all the thoughts in his head he was delirious running but now that he won i really think he really thinks he can single handly fix america
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJW5I_gGx2c

The smirking bigot can't defend Adolf's lies...
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have yall seen this documentary? It came on HBO not to long ago. I dvr'ed it and watched it yesterday. It's damn good IMO
    7708491.jpg
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Potential Dept Of Homeland Security Pick Would Send 1 Million People To Gitmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A-7FmorgRU
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Potential Dept Of Homeland Security Pick Would Send 1 Million People To Gitmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A-7FmorgRU

- logistically and financially its too burdensome

- he has been in charge go 250 sheriffs and now he could possibly be in charge of 240,000 employees.....thats crazy

- he is a clown
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

and she's right... the schools system is now teaching children things that the church and family used to be responsible for and it's time that ? stops
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    There are poor whites and poor blacks. That policy that Obama put out wasn't done specifically for black people.

"Specifically"

Even if the policy would specifically help black people making less than $47k?
    The median income for blacks is like 35k. So that would be a lot of people.

Chess not checkers

I don't get the "Barack didn't do anything specifically for black people" crowd sometimes

Lmaoooo bruh what

These ? really tried to use this an example of Barack helping Black ppl. The right to ? overtime lmaoooooooo man gtfoh

That policy was dumb as hell and you could get around it anyway

I've grown empathetic to Obama's position but stop praising ? and calling it sugar for the sake of Obama

Obama is a great symbol for Blacks and great in his own right. He's not a black leader and that's ok. That takes a different level of sacrifice. My only real issue is him running on that and then not standing with us when it was time, especially after getting a 2nd term. His legacy as president will be him being the 1st and that's sad imo. I view Barack the same way I view MJ or Floyd Mayweather

Why do you post such dumb ? ?

You know damn well (Because you've been told countless times in various past threads) that Obama was handcuffed by racist ass republicans for 6 of his 8 years, which prevented him from moving any legislation that could help his people (Black people). They blocked damn near everything he proposed.

Watch how Trump is hailed as a genius once an infrastructure bill is passed. There will be no mention of how Obama tried several times to pass infrastructure legislation, but was blocked by racist white men.

Thus, history will show that a black man was incapable of doing it, so it took a white man to put people to work. Unfortunately there will be a lot of dumb ? that fall for this media spin.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all that ?

We need books, better facilities and real teachers.

and

the white washing of history needs to stop in the schools

Church ? ain't the problem.
  • Angeles1son85
    Options

Sarah Palin: Trump's Carrier deal is 'crony capitalism' ............. lol
  • Angeles1son85
    Options
    This taiwan call to trump i bet dude who set it up and said they just wanna congratulate you and you know trump took that bait after the phone call i bet taiwan were laughin like that ? actually answered
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This taiwan call to trump i bet dude who set it up and said they just wanna congratulate you and you know trump took that bait after the phone call i bet taiwan were laughin like that ? actually answered

They probably told him he had a great victory and they admire him... then he blushed like a lil girl and rolled over.. Him being played by people using his narcissism/stupdity and ego is as good as having 1000 Russian hackers.
  • Peace_79
    Options

They probably told him he had a great victory and they admire him... then he blushed like a lil girl and rolled over.. Him being played by people using his narcissism/stupdity and ego is as good as having 1000 Russian hackers.

Donald Trump Angers China With Historic Phone Call to Taiwan’s President

82e18kuf281j.png

d9xx6ves5u42.jpg

http://time.com/4589641/donald-trump-china-taiwan-call/?xid=homepage

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    creationism has no place in schools, ? all that bible ? .
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Emasculation of Representative Keith Ellison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39B-3u7Tpd4
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Couple things:

1) ? that fake-ass sheriff. I want to see him try that deportation or law and order ? in ChiRaq, B-More, 5th Ward, Compton, Watts, Oakland, or East NY/Bed Stuy/Crown Heights. It's real easy to talk that Clint Eastwood cowboy ? when you're in an area that a good number of cacs live in, even if they aren't majority, like Milwaukee is. I want to see how duke would act when he's in a predominantly black/latino populated area. That house ? would roll right the ? out.

2) Creationism is the ultimate hypocrisy to the whole "separation of church and state" argument. You can't say teach this ? to kids that might not even live in Christian households, without opening up the floodgates to logical arguments of other religions being omitted in school, and ultimately lawsuits because of it. And since there's no official religion of this country, it's rather foul to force kids to learn it.

You want Creationism? That's why there's churches, mosques, synagogues and temples. Teach that ? there.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    These folks are f-cking ? . I understand you voting for Trump, but to say that your willing to forgive Sessions, Priebus, and Bannon is completly blasphemous. If it was a black person doing this, they would say burn the n-gger alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eItBFgdUhpw