Phone Won't Take Pics & I've Been Crying About It For the Past Hour

Options
obnoxiouslyfresh
obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I've felt kind of depressed for a few months and I'm good at pushing it to the back of my mind until something small brings it to the surface and makes me look like a ? in front of strangers. This has happened more than once.

I really encourage any suggestions anyone has cause I know I can't be the only one with these awful thoughts, and I just want a therapist to be the last last last last option, cause I'm just not on that.

So tonight, I went out with friends and every time I tried to use my camera, my iPhone says "cannot take photo, no storage space" or something like that. I deleted 136 pics and I still can't take a picture. I get to the car. I'm in the front seat, my best friend drove...another friend of mine is in the backseat and her friend is in the back with her who I don't know that well (stranger). Anyways, I'm fumbling with my phone, trying to fix it, then I just said out loud that if my brother got pulled over and Im in the car with him, I wouldn't be able to record it. I just started bawling as soon as I said it. What a weird thought to have? Now at this point, my bff is consoling me....all I'm thinking is that the girl in the backseat is gonna tell people that I'm a nut. Mind you, I haven't really had that much liquor.

What I'm getting at is that something has been going on with me that's affecting my psyche. I can't even think about Walter Scott. Every doctors appt, my blood pressure is high and I don't know what to tell them. I am on edge while driving through the city and I don't feel safe until I'm back home and close the door behind me. I hate red lights because they feel like a death trap. Then being at my job puts me in a negative head space. All day long I give out descriptions of suspicious black males. I leave work feeling dead inside sometimes.

Side note:
This happened a few days ago in Englewood. I always ask myself "damn what if I happened to be driving by." And it ? with me.

I know I need to talk to someone but I feel silly telling someone "hey, people keep getting killed in Chicago and police shootings are going on across the country... None of it is happening to me personally, but I'm here to tell you how it's affecting me." I'm not ready to do that. So that's where I am and I just wondered how do others protect their mind?

And how can I fix my iPhone, if you know.

Comments

• obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options
    I'm sleepy. Good night
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    bqwkn4r2x269.jpg

No thanks :pensive:
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Albums > Recently Deleted > select all > Delete

?
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should try meditation
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    1. There's nothing wrong with talking to a therapist
    2. Try a change of scenery. A day or 2 in different surroundings might be the energy boost you need
    3. ? iphones get a droid
    If you have an iPhone, sorry – but you don’t come across too favourably in a study comparing you to Android users.

Actually, you have lower levels of honesty-humility – a personality measure that includes sincerity, honesty, faithfulness, loyalty and modesty.

More than 500 participants answered questions about themselves and their attitudes to their smartphones for researchers at the University of Lincoln, Lancaster University, and the University of Hertfordshire.

The researchers found that iPhone users are also more likely to see their phone as a status symbol than Android users, have higher levels of emotionality, and are more likely to be extroverted.

https://www.indy100.com/article/androids-iphones-personality-type-7446831
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    I'm atleast 10 people's go to person when it's time for them to vent, apparently I'm a good listener and wise at times. I'm willing to be your therapist, first 3 sessions will be free.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you that pressed about sending out nudes.....its ok...ill be next week...

i bet your skin is smooth and shiny with a few pimples on you butt but no stab wounds....

hi OB....My name is 2stepz. como estas
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know why I came in here expecting pics...
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @obnoxiouslyfresh

Seems like you're playing both sides in life, mentally, with work and being black and it's getting to you more than you thought. A therapist might help but a real change might be better since it seems like you being black trumps living in Chicago and/or working that job. Sometimes the fix isn't as complicated as you think it is, but requires more courage than we are comfortable with. Listen to your soul.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Them sounded like paintball guns.
    2. Move to Atlanta with me. Problem solved
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @obnoxiouslyfresh

You don't need a therapist..........save your money.

What you have is PTSD.

Move out of Chicago........problem solved.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I've felt kind of depressed for a few months and I'm good at pushing it to the back of my mind until something small brings it to the surface and makes me look like a ? in front of strangers. This has happened more than once.

I really encourage any suggestions anyone has cause I know I can't be the only one with these awful thoughts, and I just want a therapist to be the last last last last option, cause I'm just not on that.

So tonight, I went out with friends and every time I tried to use my camera, my iPhone says "cannot take photo, no storage space" or something like that. I deleted 136 pics and I still can't take a picture. I get to the car. I'm in the front seat, my best friend drove...another friend of mine is in the backseat and her friend is in the back with her who I don't know that well (stranger). Anyways, I'm fumbling with my phone, trying to fix it, then I just said out loud that if my brother got pulled over and Im in the car with him, I wouldn't be able to record it. I just started bawling as soon as I said it. What a weird thought to have? Now at this point, my bff is consoling me....all I'm thinking is that the girl in the backseat is gonna tell people that I'm a nut. Mind you, I haven't really had that much liquor.

What I'm getting at is that something has been going on with me that's affecting my psyche. I can't even think about Walter Scott. Every doctors appt, my blood pressure is high and I don't know what to tell them. I am on edge while driving through the city and I don't feel safe until I'm back home and close the door behind me. I hate red lights because they feel like a death trap. Then being at my job puts me in a negative head space. All day long I give out descriptions of suspicious black males. I leave work feeling dead inside sometimes.

Side note:
    This happened a few days ago in Englewood. I always ask myself "damn what if I happened to be driving by." And it ? with me.

I know I need to talk to someone but I feel silly telling someone "hey, people keep getting killed in Chicago and police shootings are going on across the country... None of it is happening to me personally, but I'm here to tell you how it's affecting me." I'm not ready to do that. So that's where I am and I just wondered how do others protect their mind?

41tiThwozLL._SX319_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Send me your nudes n we will get you a sidekick tomorrow
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    You should try meditation

I do hot yoga weekly. I do really like it. Thanks.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can give u the number to my therapist........

For ur Iphone, u can fix it urself or go to ubreakifix

@obnoxiouslyfresh
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options
    You sound like you have ptsd from being a young black woman in Chicago.

The thing is, I haven't experienced anything traumatic. I'm just watching the news.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like you need a vacation from being you. A vacation from everything you identify with as uniquely you. Sometimes people with alot of substance feel its their duty to do as much as they can. That they become those substantive things and action, and not the person who just executes those things and actions.

You got to get away from Chicago for a while and get a away from being ? . My advice to you..real talk, find the nearest comic con type event and go to it. Its filled with so many people getting away from who they are. That no one is focused on who anyone is in reality.

Go out there, tell people that ur name is Latifah, dress up in ur own made up character and tell people its an obscure comic book and make up a story. Lie, be fake, be disingenuous, be everything that you are not. And in addition, with all the weirdos out there, no one is thinking of race.

And you beautiful enough to be looked at in awe by guys who dont have the ? to speak to you, so theres that ego boost with out the hassle that comes wit it.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You sound like you have ptsd from being a young black woman in Chicago.

The thing is, I haven't experienced anything traumatic. I'm just watching the news.

Didn't u say ur grandmother crib was shot up recently
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Side note:

giphy.gif
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Is you don't want to see a therapist just yet, you can look up and try to do some cognitive behavioral therapy exercises on your own. Basically it's about recognizing harmful behavior patterns and trying to change them

Perhaps that can help to not feel so powerless and overwhelmed over things in life you can't control. You can learn a way to still feel justifiable answer at injustice and man's savagery towards one another with out letting it depress or beat you down

As for your phone, get an Android with an SD card with lots of memory space, that'll solve the phone issue at least lol.