Murderous Pig who killed Walter Scott trial begins in South Carolina...

Options

Comments

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

Yeah I saw her full crock of ? on YouTube.

Forget it.

She's waiting on Jesus on the inside for provide justice.

She can talk all she want about Jesus but it's just a coping mechanism to escape her powerless position in the matter of her son getting shot like a dog.

It has never been about morality, agreement, truth, or even logic.....it's about positioning for and looking for opportunities to take or exert power. But I guess if we put it in the hands of Jesus, it takes away the responsibility of empowering ourselves against power moves exerted by our "fellow man"

Here's the longer version (this is damn near a mental disorder)
    https://youtu.be/nrar8ejjYtg
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Forget it.

She can talk all she want about Jesus but it's just a coping mechanism to escape her powerless position in the matter of her son getting shot like a dog.

It has never been about morality, agreement, truth, or even logic.....it's about positioning for and looking for opportunities to take or exert power. But I guess if we put it in the hands of Jesus, it takes away the responsibility of empowering ourselves against power moves exerted by our "fellow man"

I'm not agnostic or an atheist or anything like that

But I get tired of some of us expecting ? /Jesus to fix everything as an excuse for not doing anything ourselves.

We've been praying and forgiving our enemies for decades now and the same things continue to happen.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Forget it.

they whipped us the whole week then pacified us with the religion they dont even hold dear.. that they bastardized and used to justify the confines of our bodies an souls.( Im not attacking religion at all .. but the blind devotion to hopes and aspirations of justice that are fleeting)

...and if you believe in ? then you should believe in free will and results from free will.

Why would ? put you on earth so he could do everything for you?

I never understood the "it's in ? hands" black folks...
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.K.

So, lemme get this straight..

I can get in a scuffle with somebody...

That person can flee and I can shoot that unarmed person multiple times in the back...

.... And claim that I was in fear for my life....

And there's a jury in America that wouldn't be able to decide whether I committed a crime or not?

Right.

Got it.

Makes perfect sense.

[img]http://img.pandawhale.com/42618-White-people-are-? -up-pRD0.gif[/img]
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    A white supremacist sat on the jury and REFUSED to give him a guilty verdict.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sooner (as opposed to later,) these lyrics from RBX's verse from Lyrical ? will come to fruition.

So ? retaliate and start to loot.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    A white supremacist sat on the jury and REFUSED to give him a guilty verdict.

Honestly why would anyone expect anything less from the bold?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When did the IC become a Atheism sub-reddit?

Ya'll dissing a greiving mother like saying "It's not over 'til ? say it's over" isn't another way of saying "karma gonna get you". Come on.
    eastbay510 wrote: »
    We've been praying and forgiving our enemies for decades now and the same things continue to happen.

Those churches that fought Jim Crow weren't praying in a corner waiting for Jesus to fix everything, they were out in the streets organizing. Forgiveness was a philosophy but non-violence was a deliberate tactic. ? ? on that generation for somehow failing to end Racism and White Evil is absurd........the backlash against their victories basically reshaped American politics and destroyed our communities. (I'm including the gov't running drugs into the hood as part of said backlash)

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »

Ya'll dissing a greiving mother like saying "It's not over 'til ? say it's over" isn't another way of saying "karma gonna get you". Come on.

Those churches that fought Jim Crow weren't praying in a corner waiting for Jesus to fix everything, they were out in the streets organizing. Forgiveness was a philosophy but non-violence was a deliberate tactic. ? ? on that generation for somehow failing to end Racism and White Evil is absurd........the backlash against their victories basically reshaped American politics and destroyed our communities. (I'm including the gov't running drugs into the hood as part of said backlash)

? , what tha ? is ? doing!? A lot of us are Christians but not stupid.

Her ? sounds like she bout to sit in a corner and wait for a miracle so yes any critique is justified IMO
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't have any issue with people who actually do work along with prayer and faith in ? , and I know and understand what they did back in the day.

But you have to admit it is a lot of people use the "let go and let ? " approach too much.

Like I said I'm not an atheist I believe in ? but I think you need action to go along with faith.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what would yall do then? Tell us what her reaction should be? What would any of yall tell the family what they should do? What's the solution?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't have any issue with people who actually do work along with prayer and faith in ? , and I know and understand what they did back in the day.

But you have to admit it is a lot of people use the "let go and let ? " approach too much.

Like I said I'm not an atheist I believe in ? but I think you need action to go along with faith.

This x1000

You ask ? to give you the courage/strength/wisdom/will/determination/ to work to the best of your ability to get through battle/trial/tribulation thus using your faith to fuel the vehicle you call self.

Not sleeping in the car and being uber'd to a miracle.. sure miracles happen but.. actions are the greatest possibility..

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/05/walter-scott-shooting-michael-slager-police-officer-mistrial
    State solicitor Scarlett Wilson said in a statement she would retry the case “whenever the court calls”.

Slager has also been indicted on federal civil rights charges that carry a maximum sentence of life, but the failure to reach a decision in this state murder trial will probably be seen as a stinging blow to the Black Lives Matter movement, which has campaigned doggedly for police reform and equal justice.

The result follows similar outcomes in other high profile trials of police officers accused of unlawfully killing unarmed African Americans across the country. Last month the trial of former Cincinnati campus police officer Ray Tensing ended in mistrial despite video evidence that prosecutors argued showed he had murdered Samuel DuBose. At the end of 2015 the first of six Baltimore police officers indicted in the death in custody of Freddie Gray also ended in a mistrial, paving the way for charges being dropped in the other cases.

During an emotional address on Monday, Wilson said the 12 men and women on the jury had been “exemplary” in their service.

“Y’all have been all-stars. And while I don’t mean to downplay or understate my disappointment that together we weren’t able to reach a resolution, no one can be critical of you,” Wilson said.

“You have sacrificed more than any of your peers in this community have for jury service and it hasn’t gone unnoticed.”

As Wilson addressed the jury, she paid tribute to Scott’s parents, Walter Sr and Judy Scott, whom she described as “leading this community to peace”.

Holding back tears, Wilson continued: “The whole world has remarked on Charleston and this community and how we’ve reacted over the past year and a half. The dignity and grace that this community saw started right here with the Scott family, and they have not gotten the credit they deserved.”

jjqsms.jpg
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/walter-scott-proves-no-smoking-guns_us_5845fca2e4b055b31398fb07
    Walter Scott Case Proves There Are No Smoking Guns In Police Shooting Trials

With no conviction despite clear footage of the horrific shooting, we’re left to wonder what a criminal killing would look like.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yp7ylqg1z5gx.png

...anybody heard about this?
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.kunc.org/post/walter-scott-familys-lawyer-says-people-shouldnt-lose-hope-after-mistrial
    Walter Scott Family's Lawyer Says People Shouldn't Lose Hope After Mistrial

Cellphone video showed South Carolina police officer Michael Slager shooting Walter Scott multiple times in the back, leading many African-Americans to view it as the best chance of convicting an officer in one the recent killings of unarmed black men.

Because of that, Chris Stewart, the attorney for Scott's family, tells All Things Considered's Ari Shapiro, the family felt it was important to make a statement after Monday's announcement of a hung-jury mistrial.

"It's not over," Scott's mother, Judy, said outside the courthouse. "Y'all hear me? It's not over till ? say it's over."

That statement, Stewart says, "was just to make sure that hopelessness didn't spread across the country, especially for African-American communities. ... This was the leading case for, what appeared to anybody, black or white, of obvious killing of somebody by a police officer, and to hear that it was a hung jury could cause pandemonium and despair."
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.postandcourier.com/news/foreman-in-michael-slager-trial-says-jurors-found-nothing-malicious/article_7474d824-bd47-11e6-adca-fb6eb1c2f525.html
    Foreman in Michael Slager trial says jurors found nothing 'malicious' in Walter Scott killing

The jury foreman in Michael Slager's murder trial told NBC on Thursday that the panel had focused on a manslaughter charge after deciding the North Charleston policeman had done nothing "malicious" in Walter Scott's shooting death.

But when a mistrial was declared Monday, five of the 12 jurors remained undecided on any conviction while a holdout for an acquittal refused to rethink his decision, the foreman, Dorsey Montgomery, told the "Today" show.

Montgomery said he had first thought Scott's killing was murder after seeing the video of Slager firing eight times as Scott ran away. But after looking at other evidence, poring over the law and factoring in the judge's instructions, he said the jury resorted to the lesser charge of manslaughter.

"We had to come to find out that he didn’t do anything malicious," Montgomery said of Slager during the "Today" interview Thursday morning. "He had a brief disturbance in reason at that moment."

Slager, 35, was arrested on a murder charge as the eyewitness footage emerged publicly three days after the April 4, 2015, shooting. He said Scott, 50, had grabbed his Taser and turned it against him during a fight, prompting his gunfire in self-defense. The footage captured the Taser hitting the ground as Scott separated himself from the confrontation, but Slager testified during the trial that he didn't know that at the time.

The 12 jurors listened to 55 witnesses for the prosecution and the defense over the month-long trial.

Montgomery was the only black juror. The others were white. Montgomery was the only juror who had stood when a pool of prospective jurors were asked during the selection process if they had never heard about the case.

Though race was never alleged to have played a role in Scott's killing, the shooting had come during a national conversation about police uses of force against black people. Slager is white, and Scott was black.

"Due to the society that we live in, race will always be a factor," Montgomery told "Today." "I do believe some jurors may have had that in their mind, but the majority of them didn’t have anything in reference to race that may have played a factor in the decision."

The jurors started deliberations Wednesday night. By Friday, they announced a deadlock, pointing in notes to the judge to the holdout for a not guilty verdict. But Montgomery said he had been hopeful that further talks could have swayed that juror, so he told Circuit Judge Clifton Newman that the jury wanted to deliberate a little more "to see if we could sway that particular juror and get those who were undecided to make a decision."

They returned Monday to attempt that, but it didn't work.

"He just had his own convictions," Montgomery told "Today," "and I’ll leave that right there.

"I believe that justice shall come forth," he added. "Whatever the outcome will be ... that is what the outcome shall be."

giphy.gif

• Guy Gardner
    Guy Gardner Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in all honesty, one of the jurors should have just punched the juror who was holding out,

if the rest of the jurors say they didn't see who started it, both could be dismissed

• EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So they felt shooting a man in the back wasn't malicious?
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in all honesty, one of the jurors should have just punched the juror who was holding out,

if the rest of the jurors say they didn't see who started it, both could be dismissed

New York times reported it as more then one juror
  • stringer bell
    edited December 2016
    Options
    http://www.postandcourier.com/columnists/hicks-column-charleston-keeps-the-peace-once-again/article_b6c2dac4-bbfc-11e6-b8fd-8bafb26288e1.html
    Hicks column: Charleston keeps the peace, once again

The white man is happy that the respectability negreos kept things "peaceful"…