Its Sad Watching Dipset Go From Swag To Complete Depression (Best Friends Become Strangers, word up

Options
Logic Last
Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in The Reason
They had a good run though. Theyll eventually reunite when one is desperate for money. the question is does Jim or Cam go broke first. def jim

Comments

• Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim jones lost
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dat what happens when you still trying to rap in yo 40's

nuggas get old and lose the passion and hunger dey had when dey was young nuggas
  • Logic Last
    Options

nuggas get old and lose the passion and hunger dey had when dey was young nuggas

I call it laziness.

Nas was here before all of them(including Jay) and he still hasn't skipped a beat.

truth
  • ultragangster
    ultragangster Members Posts: 16
    Options
    Dis type of ? happenz when you diss G-O-D S-O-N itz called Carmen I mean Karma.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I call it laziness.

Nas was here before all of them(including Jay) and he still hasn't skipped a beat.

I think Cam was more of a hustler then a rapper, didnt Big L convince him to rap??? Dude still makes moves with image collaborations, socks, skate boards etc

Also I think internal beef ruined Dipset more than laziness as its gotta be easier to maintain a level of consistency as a solo artist than as a group, look at Beyonce (destiny's child), Will I Am (BEP) even Michael Jackson (J5) and Justin Timberlake (NSYNC)... Group seem to never last long...
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options

I call it laziness.

I think Cam was more of a hustler then a rapper, didnt Big L convince him to rap??? Dude still makes moves with image collaborations, socks, skate boards etc

Also I think internal beef ruined Dipset more than laziness as its gotta be easier to maintain a level of consistency as a solo artist than as a group, look at Beyonce (destiny's child), Will I Am (BEP) even Michael Jackson (J5) and Justin Timberlake (NSYNC)... Group seem to never last long...

Beyonce, MJ and Timberlake were the star power of their groups and made the others seem like background dancers imo.

Kinda like Eazy-E. It's was inevitable that they would go solo. But Juelz was kinda the young star in Dipset. But dude was lazy as hell.

And my comment on laziness wasn't aimed at Dipset. It was basically aimed at rappers that been here a long time and put little to no effort in their rhymes anymore, compared to Nas.

Cube, Snoop, Jay and Eminem are prime examples.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I call it laziness.

Truth

The problem I think was Harlem ? are hustlers to their own detriment. These ? , from Dame, Jim to Cam, were only out to better themselves in the long run. When the money slowed up they realized their was no loyalty. Think about Jim running to 50 while Cam was beefing with him. Or Cam shouting out Max while he was dissing Jim. Harlem ? is hustlers that don't see anything but money
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had the opportunity to see them perform as a group for the last time.

There will never be a another movement like Dipset.

G-unit was backed by the Aftermath machine.
    Dipset did it by themselves. And till this day people would rather see Dipset reunite than G-unit.

I see what you're trying to say but dipset did have the rocafella and def jam machine behind them at that time but at the same time cam when he was solo didn't really have much
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I know is that Cam bodied this 2015 Funkmaster Flex freestyle. Jim Jones did his thing too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2G-vWqZzIc
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Had the opportunity to see them perform as a group for the last time.

There will never be a another movement like Dipset.

G-unit was backed by the Aftermath machine.
    Dipset did it by themselves. And till this day people would rather see Dipset reunite than G-unit.

I see what you're trying to say but dipset did have the rocafella and def jam machine behind them at that time but at the same time cam when he was solo didn't really have much

I was going point that out too. To be honest I didn't even know Dipset was rocafella when I saw Santana town on TV and what not.

Jay never made a cameo in a Dipset video. However Dre and Em, xzibit, Snoop and affiliates were heavily featured in 50's videos. That alone makes the youngins of each respective fanbase associate with them.

G-unit was worldwide and sold millions. Where as Dipset lived of the strength of the internet. Dipset music wasn't played worldwide like G-unit was.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Told ? on here a few years back. If Vado had signed with Dipset that would have completely reignited the group (especially if it was around the time he dropped slime flu 2). Instead he chose DK Khalid and forever will be a bushmaster.

Camron still go get his thought cuz he that ?
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I call it laziness.

the lox still together
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cam still doin his thang tho so i cant complain.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What more are they gonna say that you haven't already heard anyway.

like Doug Stanhope once said.....maybe they're just out of ?
  • Logic Last
    Options
    Hell rell
    JR Writer
    add on
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cam did an interview wit angie and he said he will never be cool wit jim again and for everyone to srop expecting a dipset album its not goin to happen.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rap niqqaz fall off everyday, b..
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cam said jim from bronx aint he lived in harlem and how they were just did business together
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I call it laziness.

Not a whole lot of rappers make it into their 30's still rapping. I don't think it's laziness, nuggas just become irrelevant. Dipset will still appeal to old heads. But these new age ? ass nuggas on some other ? when it comes to hip hop.

• BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them trash ass ?
    All they songs sounded exactly alike
    I never got the hype with them ?
  • Logic Last
    Options

I call it laziness.

Beyonce, MJ and Timberlake were the star power of their groups and made the others seem like background dancers imo.

Kinda like Eazy-E. It's was inevitable that they would go solo. But Juelz was kinda the young star in Dipset. But dude was lazy as hell.

And my comment on laziness wasn't aimed at Dipset. It was basically aimed at rappers that been here a long time and put little to no effort in their rhymes anymore, compared to Nas.

Cube, Snoop, Jay and Eminem are prime examples.

Juelz wasnt lazy. Their were like 4 cooked ? mixtapes. Mendecess ties into this